What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jason Taylor

eelusion

Juniors
If JT is able to coach this well, motivate our players, bring timmy back to form, and shut out a team like Newcastle so well. Is any even dissapointed we are losing him to souths? I was gutted when he announced he's going to souths. Hope he comes back when his contract is over :(

JOB 3:14

Juniors
I am. Im extremely disappointed. I was happy enough when it was announced Smith was getting the boot as it was time. Happy also because it was time to bring Taylor into the fray. Then they let him go to chase Hagan. I hope im wrong but we are going to look stupid next year if Hagan is not up to it.

eelusion

Juniors
Have we made another blooper? This time in letting JT go before he could show us what he could do?

redVgirl

Juniors
why the hell did they sign Hagan anyway?? replace a crappy coach with another crappy coach? flawless logic there!!

how long is JTs contract at souths?? maybe he will end up back at parra eventually. i hope so!! hes a champ.

Parraren

Bench
Fitzgerald has always lived by the sword. If Hagan wins a premiership next year no one will care but I can already see the topic headlines in here re Taylor if we have a poor start to the season next year....

Hurriflatch

Referee
Jt's got 3 years at Souths

but at this stage he'll be head coach in 2007

McRae has won 1 game in 17 this year
JT has won 4 from 7

If not at the start of the year by round 10 (unless souths are undefeated) JT will be head coach of Souths

MrT

Juniors
It's a disgrace. Fitzgerald got it totally wrong.

1. Brian Smith should have been shoved aside after it was announced he won't be re-signed.

2. JT should have been installed coach from rd1 and been given 10 rounds to prove his worth. I'm sure he would have signed a long term deal from there.

Fitzi got ot wrong ...AGAIN.

I was happy to see the boys thump Knights last night, but then I thought "hang on, we're going to inherit that coach next year", I surely hope it's only a case where the Knights aren't fit, because Parra have the trainers/conditioners. I haven't seen Hagan do anything outstanding to warrant him being chased the way we chased him.

I can see in 3 years time Fitzi chasing JT with a fat cheque, because I honestly believe Fitzi will still be there in 3 years and I believe JT has got what it takes

jayman

Juniors
not only are we loosing JT.. but also his influence... iam sure if he was head coach next year here.. we wouldnt have seen such a mass exodas of players...

going on last night.. iam bitterly disappointed that we are loosing morris and widders...

i understand the reasons for morris...

but does anyone know the reasons why we let widders go?? i read only that we werent interested at the time.. focusing more on lyon.. and money wasnt an issue..?? can anyone shed some light.. coz iam shocked that we let him go based on a few poor games.. rather than wat he has to offer and what he did last yr.........

MrT

Juniors
It's an absolute disgrace we're letting Widders and Morrisson go. How hard is it to replace them now. As for Widders performing poorly, does he have a poor game if he hasn't made at least 3 line breaks?

Hindy hardly breaks the line but has a great game every time.
We reall shot ourselves by losing Widders and Morrisson.
Someone please tell me who Todd Lowrie is replacing? is Widders or Morrisson, because who ever is responsible for this has a lot to answer as far as I'm concerned

mickdo

Coach
We had no choice letting Morrison go. He had a get out clause and always wanted to play in the UK.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
hindsight is 20/20

no one could have predicted this, but having said that, I was thinking the same thing this morning

eelusion

Juniors
Most impressed about JT is his laying down the law and changing our players attitudes. Our players last night, played like they wanted to win, kick chases, desperation, just getting all the little things right.

Stagger eel

Staff member
MrT said:
It's an absolute disgrace we're letting Widders and Morrisson go. How hard is it to replace them now. As for Widders performing poorly, does he have a poor game if he hasn't made at least 3 line breaks?

Hindy hardly breaks the line but has a great game every time.
We reall shot ourselves by losing Widders and Morrisson.
Someone please tell me who Todd Lowrie is replacing? is Widders or Morrisson, because who ever is responsible for this has a lot to answer as far as I'm concerned

we couldn't compete with the sort of money Souths had thrown at him, for a guy who's predominantly a bench player it was just too difficult, Moro had a clause in his contract and wanted to get the money from England, we could hardly stand in his way.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Appointing Hagan was the right move at the time. We've had 10 years of Brian Smith, and JT had learned the trade from Smithy and the club needed a fresh direction on the field. Maybe in hindsight JT deserved the chance but it isn't fair to bash Hagan when he hasn't even arrived yet.

Angry_eel

First Grade
Come on People, You all wanted change, Fitzy brought change. Im sure it wasn't just his decision to sign hagan up.

Don't be stupid, Smithy was the Problem. JT isn't that much of a genius, he's just doing what every other coach would have done. Reputations count for f**k all, you play bad, you get dropped. Thats what JT has done. Heck even Wagon is playing well, Could we have expected that with Smithy here? Hell no.

Also, After last night im not worried about people leavin as much. morris, morro and widders had a chance to shine elsewhere so they are leavin and good luck to them. Maybe JT is our Wok Ryan and Hagan will win us a premiership next year. Thats all that matters to me atm. Coaches come, coaches go, Fans are the ones that love the team. But yes i have a feeling fitzy will get grilled early next season for not keeping JT.

Tyler Durden

Juniors
please don't underestimate the change that JT has brought when he took charge

one of the thing that we've noticed is the post match function that the players have after the game. under smithy, the players would come and go as they wished, and usually, smithy would not be there.
under JT, all the are expected to be present, they have all their speeches and game award presentations, and JT is always there.

just these little things that happen to change the culture and the attitude of the players and get them mentally prepared and team bonding can have a massive impact on the field and in everyting they do.

agreed that we need to give hagan a chance to show what he can do.

but what these few weeks have proved is that that JT was more than capable of coaching the team this year, and blown out of the water the view of fitzy and the board that JT was not ready.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Taylor has won 4 from 7, yes. And Macrae has done much worse.

But compare the playing rosters of both teams. In fact, there is no real reason why we shouldn't be in the top 4 as we speak (except for all the crap that's happened thus far this season).

yy_cheng

Coach
I just have a gut feeling that JT will coach Parra again in the future. Maybe in 4 years time.