What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jayden Sullivan

OneEyedDragon

Juniors
His manager is trying to get him the best possible deal at the Dragons. The 3 amigos Sloan, Amone, and Sullivan will be together at the Dragons for many years to come.

With Suli likely to sign, all we need now is Brandon Smith at 9 and one more first-grade prop. This would re-shape our forward's attack and defense.

1. Sloan
2. Ramsey
3. Suli
4. Lomax
5. Ravalawa
6. Amone
7. Hunt
8. Molo
9. Smith
10. New Prop
11. Su'A
12. Bird
13. De Belin

14. Sullivan
15. Burgess
16. Lawrie
17. Burns
I'm not sure Brandon Smith's white powder episode makes him suitable for improving our club's culture! He might be a bit of a BBQ organiser himself.

possm

Coach
Ciraldo is with Penrith for 22. How did he and Hook go working together previously? He’s clearly a great defence coach.
I've held the thought for some time now that it is not Griffin's coaching ability that is holding back the Dragons however, it may well be the ability of his assistants.

I'd say he at the least needs a better defensive coach.

Trifili13

Juniors
I've held the thought for some time now that it is not Griffin's coaching ability that is holding back the Dragons however, it may well be the ability of his assistants.

I'd say he at the least needs a better defensive coach.
And here I was thinking all along that it was the inability of the players to tackle, hold the ball, run hard, score tries and stop giving away penalties that was costing us games.😁

denis preston

First Grade
If you were his manager what would you do ? Obviously to get full value they will use the offers he officially gets . I'd say he has had some unofficial interest hence they can only use this after 1st Nov as a bargaining tool. Some of our opponents could use the low act of putting in higher bids knowing he will most likely stay but to make us pay more.

If we don't secure him watch this place ( justifiably ) erupt. Also think he may back himself and only go for a 2 year contract as his next one could be 400-500k more. The Dragons obviously would prefer a 4 to 5 year contract at around 350 - 400k a year. No club at present could justify paying him anything near 450-500k.

Old Timer

Coach
Millward having his nana nap. He will again try and find Sullivan's phone number when he wakes.
possm
This has long gone past Millward so no need to try and hang him out to dry in this one.

Sullivan’s decision can only be influenced by the input of the coaching staff, his fellow players, his family, offers from potential suitors and of course his manager.

If the coaching staff can’t convince Bud re the benefits of staying here then what exactly do you expect Basil to do?

Dragon David

First Grade
possm
This has long gone past Millward so no need to try and hang him out to dry in this one.

Sullivan’s decision can only be influenced by the input of the coaching staff, his fellow players, his family, offers from potential suitors and of course his manager.

If the coaching staff can’t convince Bud re the benefits of staying here then what exactly do you expect Basil to do?
Obviously many of us Dragons fans have a high opinion of Bud and he himself would have a high opinion of his abilities and this in his mind would have a bearing on his opinion of his worth. Also, he could be thinking that he should be a full time halfback in first grade but there is Hunt in our squad preventing him that position for a couple of years.

Playing in the NRL is big business and as such, why not go to the open market to see what others could offer.

So I agree with what you have posted O/T.

We may not have any answer until late November.

rasaint

Juniors
It’s a tough job recruiting players with great lower grade ability and only a few NRL games behind them. All clubs need a little luck having to fall your way and the full extent of the potential is demonstrated.

I saw enough of Sloan to be very confident that he is the real deal. Demonstrated speed at least to that of Dufty, with apparent game vision.

Will Sullivan turn out to be as good as many posters expect him to be? I thought Cody Ramsey was going to be a world beater in 2020. The early 9 a side comp form then a debuted against raiders with basically 3 trys before 1/2 time ( last one an intercept called back on very technical call). Thereafter, well for me ; a bit underwhelming particularly in 2021.

I hope we don’t pay too much like the unremarkable Zac Lomax.

OneEyedDragon

Juniors
It’s a tough job recruiting players with great lower grade ability and only a few NRL games behind them. All clubs need a little luck having to fall your way and the full extent of the potential is demonstrated.

I saw enough of Sloan to be very confident that he is the real deal. Demonstrated speed at least to that of Dufty, with apparent game vision.

Will Sullivan turn out to be as good as many posters expect him to be? I thought Cody Ramsey was going to be a world beater in 2020. The early 9 a side comp form then a debuted against raiders with basically 3 trys before 1/2 time ( last one an intercept called back on very technical call). Thereafter, well for me ; a bit underwhelming particularly in 2021.

I hope we don’t pay too much like the unremarkable Zac Lomax.
I don't really understand the dislike of Zac Lomax. For me, he is a very solid player who usually does a couple of great things each time he plays. 2021 was an injury ravaged year for him, plus the BBQ suspension, so Zac didn't really play many games during the season. I'm not sure what the posters that don't like him want. Do they expect him to play like Reg Gasnier at his prime every week? Give the kid a break. Zac has had only one year playing under a real coach, and that year was interrupted by injury. I am confident the best is yet to come.

denis preston

First Grade
I don't really understand the dislike of Zac Lomax. For me, he is a very solid player who usually does a couple of great things each time he plays. 2021 was an injury ravaged year for him, plus the BBQ suspension, so Zac didn't really play many games during the season. I'm not sure what the posters that don't like him want. Do they expect him to play like Reg Gasnier at his prime every week? Give the kid a break. Zac has had only one year playing under a real coach, and that year was interrupted by injury. I am confident the best is yet to come.
The problem for me is we have a salary cap like all the others and how do we spend it ? The side has been shit for all but 20 games since 2012 so some of our players are getting way over what they deserve. Obviously Norman comes to mind and prior to last season Hunt but we must be paying overs to plenty of other players who simply don't deserve .No wonder they wax lyrical when questioned about the team & club ! As an example if Lomax is being paid 400k then i'm cool with that but 500k and above i'm certainly not. That's why i'm on board with Hooks moneyball approach and short contracts as it gives him time to move the chess pieces.

possm

Coach
possm

Sullivan's potential was identified a few years ago. He has progressed as expected and there is very little doubt he will end up a star of the game.

Millward gained his employment at the club through Illawarra/St George political horse-trading. I could live with it if he was brilliant at his job but Doust, Craig Young and others, he is useless. So I will not let up until he is gonsky.

Dragons4me

Juniors

This. Good post!
I've said it previously. Zac rarely gets clean ball in attack. He has to make his opportunities which ironically has led to the successful combination with Rava. How many tries has Rava scored from a Zac pass under pressure? All Zac needs is clean ball to see what he is capable of. Hopefully we get to see this in 2022 with a new halves mix of either of Hunt, Sullivan and Amone. Rava's big enough to score them by himself.

Last edited:

Latest posts