What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

JDB

j0nesy

Bench
Playing busted players with injuries at the back end of the season has been horrendous for us this year and last year as well.
Taking any player in with shoulder / elbow injuries that are not 100% will end in tears.
If JDB has to have needles for anything other than his hip that too will end up in tears.
If Mc Fookknuckle insists that busted players have to play then we could go 3 players down very early on and he will most likely still go with only 3 off the bench as 1 is there just to learn from the experience of watching.

Totally agree, in fact we could go 4 players down - Aitken, Nightingale, JDB and Widdop. I’d roll the dice with 1 or 2 but not 4.

j0nesy

Bench
I remember Steve Roach saying that DeBelin was the best forward in the comp early in the season and his form was great, but over the last 12 weeks or so, his form has been way below that of early season. The contrast is dramatic. One could say that his form dipped when he got his hip injury. One could also say that it dipped after he was selected for origin. One could also say that his form early last season was great too, but it dipped in the second half of the season. I am a big fan of DeBelin and want to see him recapture his early season form.

JDB has been playing busted. Although, I thought he moved a lot more freely against Newcastle and showed glimpses of a return to form in that game despite the injury. Let’s hope that the moon boot is just precautionary and that he plays fully fit.

ouryears

Bench
JDB has been playing busted. Although, I thought he moved a lot more freely against Newcastle and showed glimpses of a return to form in that game despite the injury. Let’s hope that the moon boot is just precautionary and that he plays fully fit.
I really doubt he will play, shall see.

The Damo

Juniors
As a strength and conditioning coach myself and looking at de belins injuries I can only imagine that the reason why the ankle is injured is because the rest of his body has had to over compensate for the injured hip he has. Thus this further refers to the coaching/HPU staffs incompetencies to manage players throughout the season.
Really? Interesting. Could you perhaps give further detail as to how that over compensation lead to this particular injury mechanism? Give a short description of how it occurred?