What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

JDB

My man Gasnier

Juniors
People who praise McIdiot should read this thread.
McIdiot is a failure in player management, bringing juniors through. It has been proven that other coaches adopt measures to bring juniors through in case of injuries and resting players after SOO.

Some examples of where it has been proven by other coaches please?

Frank Facer

First Grade
I remember Steve Roach saying that DeBelin was the best forward in the comp early in the season and his form was great, but over the last 12 weeks or so, his form has been way below that of early season. The contrast is dramatic. One could say that his form dipped when he got his hip injury. One could also say that it dipped after he was selected for origin. One could also say that his form early last season was great too, but it dipped in the second half of the season. I am a big fan of DeBelin and want to see him recapture his early season form.

possm

Coach
I remember Steve Roach saying that DeBelin was the best forward in the comp early in the season and his form was great, but over the last 12 weeks or so, his form has been way below that of early season. The contrast is dramatic. One could say that his form dipped when he got his hip injury. One could also say that it dipped after he was selected for origin. One could also say that his form early last season was great too, but it dipped in the second half of the season. I am a big fan of DeBelin and want to see him recapture his early season form.

Mary has no understanding of the role he should play in respect to the welfare of his playing squad, the responsibilities of a first grade coach and the protector of the Traditions and history of our great club.

sea dragon

Juniors

Agree wholeheartedly Frank. With no Vaughan we really need Jack to charge it up and bend the line.
He's slipped back into his ball playing role but we have Hunt and Gaz there to do that and fold them in half in defence like early in the season!

My man Gasnier

Juniors
Are you for real
Here is a question for you. What do you have in common with the number 32.

You said black and blue it has been proven by other coaches, so where so? Would you like to retract your statement and admit to it being unfounded?

Simon Templar

Juniors
I am surprised that Gareth Widdop is back 3 weeks after a dislocated shoulder. Shoulder ligaments get stretched during a dislocation and don't return to their former length. As someone who has had lifetime 9 dislocations I would be very worried for him. I came back after 3 weeks back in the 70's and immediately dislocated my shoulder again. A lot of players in those days had them put back in on the sideline and were thrown straight back into the game. My shoulder never got better until surgery which tightened it right up. He is obviously an elite athlete and has much better strength but the ligaments act like a cir clip around the ball of your humerus. It is going be weak and teams run a lot of back rowers at the five eight. Certainly courageous. Hope he gets through it.

I am surprised that Gareth Widdop is back 3 weeks after a dislocated shoulder. Shoulder ligaments get stretched during a dislocation and don't return to their former length. As someone who has had lifetime 9 dislocations I would be very worried for him. I came back after 3 weeks back in the 70's and immediately dislocated my shoulder again. A lot of players in those days had them put back in on the sideline and were thrown straight back into the game. My shoulder never got better until surgery which tightened it right up. He is obviously an elite athlete and has much better strength but the ligaments act like a cir clip around the ball of your humerus. It is going be weak and teams run a lot of back rowers at the five eight. Certainly courageous. Hope he gets through it.
It’s been reported he will have surgery in the off season, which will be next week, so not a long wait.

red rocket

Juniors
It’s been reported he will have surgery in the off season, which will be next week, so not a long wait.
Yes jack has been playing wounded but so are heaps of others on every team my concern is why he is playing 5kg lighter than he was around origin time this was stated by jack himself that he is playing to light please explain coaching staff

possm

Coach
Agree wholeheartedly Frank. With no Vaughan we really need Jack to charge it up and bend the line.
He's slipped back into his ball playing role but we have Hunt and Gaz there to do that and fold them in half in defence like early in the season!
To shake things up in the forwards, maybe De Belin to replace Vaughan and Frizell to lock, Leilua and Sims to secondrow.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade

His form dipped after origin because there was no need for him to play out of his skin anymore to reach origin and get paid his bonus for playing origin.

Yes jack has been playing wounded but so are heaps of others on every team my concern is why he is playing 5kg lighter than he was around origin time this was stated by jack himself that he is playing to light please explain coaching staff
I was referring g to Widdop, his shoulder will need an operation in the off season.
I don't know what's wrong with Jack, reports are he's no longer getting needled for his hip. During the Bulldogs game there was a passage of play where he hit the Bulldogs kicker and the Dragons were on thier 4th tackle before he was back onside, it took him 1 tackle just to get off the ground.
So he's either still injured or just dosnt GAF.

BLM01

First Grade
I was referring g to Widdop, his shoulder will need an operation in the off season.
I don't know what's wrong with Jack, reports are he's no longer getting needled for his hip. During the Bulldogs game there was a passage of play where he hit the Bulldogs kicker and the Dragons were on thier 4th tackle before he was back onside, it took him 1 tackle just to get off the ground.
So he's either still injured or just dosnt GAF.
I have been told that Widdop does not need shoulder surgery as cant do any more damage to the shoulder, it just needs rest, but will have some knee surgery in the off season?..hmmm
Re JDB he has been playing injured and that hip is affecting him, you can see it in his running. But no excuse if you run on the field excuses go out the door, otherwise let someone else take your spot.
he was in the same bother for origin but anyone who has paid league and battled with injuries getting needled up knows needles dont work after a while as good. He cant bend like he could earlier in the year. That has been his problem I reckon..certainly not a I dont care attitude.
The problem also if he pulls out towards the end of the year (or last few games) people will slam him and say why did you not pull out earlier games, rest, why did you play origin etc etc..so he is on a hiding to nothing. Selfish?..maybe but the team needed him after origin and now the season end looms, he can just play with a bit of pain like others do. But he ceratinly is not as effective but still a better body than some of the replacements..But whose fault is that!

Como Connection

First Grade
His form dipped after origin because there was no need for him to play out of his skin anymore to reach origin and get paid his bonus for playing origin.
Jack needs to take the line on then pass, none of the bullshit ball play before the line.
That is why Hunt is suffering, never get early ball in the first sets.
Obvious again, alas, very good players being poorly used.
CC

randomdragon

Juniors
As a strength and conditioning coach myself and looking at de belins injuries I can only imagine that the reason why the ankle is injured is because the rest of his body has had to over compensate for the injured hip he has. Thus this further refers to the coaching/HPU staffs incompetencies to manage players throughout the season.

dragonssamy61

First Grade
I have been told that Widdop does not need shoulder surgery as cant do any more damage to the shoulder, it just needs rest, but will have some knee surgery in the off season?..hmmm
Re JDB he has been playing injured and that hip is affecting him, you can see it in his running. But no excuse if you run on the field excuses go out the door, otherwise let someone else take your spot.
he was in the same bother for origin but anyone who has paid league and battled with injuries getting needled up knows needles dont work after a while as good. He cant bend like he could earlier in the year. That has been his problem I reckon..certainly not a I dont care attitude.
The problem also if he pulls out towards the end of the year (or last few games) people will slam him and say why did you not pull out earlier games, rest, why did you play origin etc etc..so he is on a hiding to nothing. Selfish?..maybe but the team needed him after origin and now the season end looms, he can just play with a bit of pain like others do. But he ceratinly is not as effective but still a better body than some of the replacements..But whose fault is that!

BLM01
You have nail it.
100% with Jack and gareth.
At this time of the year there is mybe 1 or 2 players in each time that are not suffering niggles. It's how you look after these injuries.
Jdb and gareth are the least of our worries .

Frank Facer

First Grade
I know that Mary must take some responsibility for our teams drop in form. But the players also must take responsibility for their poor form too. How does a player go from being called the best forward in the comp earlier in the season and being picked to play origin, to playing way below that level after origin. Players usually come back better after playing origin.

I do wonder if DeBelin did put in extra effort to make the origin team early this year and early last year too? I know the injury may have also played a part in his drop in form, but then I think he should have been rested before origin and got his injury right, but he probably didn't want to rest, as he wanted to continue to press his origin claims. Maybe the players didn't really see themselves as genuine premiership contenders are are quite content just to make the finals? I don't know.