What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jennings hates Parra

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Not anything new.

“It’s just Parramatta, their jersey, that yellow and blue, we can’t stand them, I can’t explain it."- Michael Jennings 2008.

boxhead

First Grade
It's good to get some rivalry between teams, and not just stupid crap like "I'm going to attack your players" but actually being brought up to hate your local rivals. Great stuff.

ratsack2

Juniors
Us shatkies fans love the eels and look forward to taking another 4 competition points from them

adamkungl

Immortal
:lol: Jennings just went up like 10 notches in my book. As a Parra hater who was born and raised in Parra, I can safely say there is nowhere near enough Eels hate going around. I used to ring up my grandparents to put sh*t on Parra when they lost to Easts :lol: good times

Jason Maher

Immortal
Brilliant to see a player state that he hates a rival team. We get too much canned, cliched, politcally correct crap from players these days.

Now personally I have nothing for or against either Penrith or Parramatta, but I know how good it felt as a Manchester United fan to hear Garry Neville talking about how much he hates Liverpool, and I'm sure the Panthers fans get a similar feeling from hearing Jennings bag Parra.

KiamaSaint

Coach
Us shatkies fans love the eels and look forward to taking another 4 competition points from them

I love it. Keep milking that one for all it's worth.

And yeah, Jennings comments can only be good for the game. You would never see the GWS fan come out and say she hates the swans.

PB

Bench
The game needs more trash talking like this - it fires up the fans and can create some atmosphere at the game!

Would have preferred if they saved this story for round 2 though...

Vic Mackey

Referee
Great to see. Players seem way too 'matey' with each other these days.

Even if Jennings said that about the tigers I'd love it!