What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jennings officially offered to rival clubs

Elias1983

Coach
RLW alerted readers to the talents of Jackson Hastings - Son of Roosters son Kevin-earlier this season. Jackson, a halfback in hot demand from NRL clubs , has just made the NSW under-16 team for the curtain raiser to origin one next week.

Isn't this kid in our junior area ? I believe he is . If so why Doustie, haven't you got him signed sealed and delivered yet .. Try to show us you can be useful on rare occasions..

So we have a potential solid halfback that we could get to and develop but doust hasn't done anything??????!!!!!!!!!!:crazy::x

OK what's it gonna take to put pressure on Doust to quit I'm seriously starting to lose my patience with this guy.

Seriously, this is getting beyond a joke...

Father Ted

First Grade
So we have a potential solid halfback that we could get to and develop but doust hasn't done anything??????!!!!!!!!!!:crazy::x

OK what's it gonna take to put pressure on Doust to quit I'm seriously starting to lose my patience with this guy.

Seriously, this is getting beyond a joke...

Even if we sign him now which is doubtful we will pay more than we would have earlier. I have Nearly zero faith in our CEO .

Minh

First Grade
1/ Morris
2/ Nightingale
3/ Jennings
4/ Cooper
5/ Vidot

That would be a formidable backline.

Elias1983

Coach
Even if we sign him now which is doubtful we will pay more than we would have earlier. I have Nearly zero faith in our CEO .

You know what.

The coaches need to start some sort movement or encourage a culture where they start to put pressure on ceo's butting out of the recruitment of players and leave entirely to the coaching staff.

Obviously he needs to recruit the coach when the time comes but I would have thought he would have learnt his lesson when Bennett was there.

No way he would have had a say!

Minh

First Grade
We could Minh but shouldn't we do something about a future halfback first?

True good half's are very hard to get maybe Pierce and I wouldn't mind Wade Graham either at 5/8 Soward to half. I think our plans are for Kyle Stanley to play there which is a huge gamble as if he does not perform would likely set us back two or three years. I think Ben Hunt would be a good signing to cover for Stanley if the experiment fails.

Father Ted

First Grade
True good half's are very hard to get maybe Pierce and I wouldn't mind Wade Graham either at 5/8 Soward to half. I think our plans are for Kyle Stanley to play there which is a huge gamble as if he does not perform would likely set us back two or three years. I think Ben Hunt would be a good signing to cover for Stanley if the experiment fails.

I wish they'd start the Stanley experiment here or in the Cutters because this wasted time can only hurt the club and Stanleys Career. It takes more than the usual time to learn halfback. And either Craig Young or Doustie should drop their Latte's and sign young Hastings NOW

Elias1983

Coach

I reckon Mitch Rein.

I 've said it before in another thread he has the speed off the mark and the vision to see what's going on (apart from the errors against penrith).

Good ball skills and a pssing game but haven't seen his kicking game this year.

He can also defend pretty well.

Owen Da Saints

Juniors
1/ Morris
2/ Nightingale
3/ Jennings
4/ Cooper
5/ Vidot

That would be a formidable backline.

How about

1. Beale
2. Nightingale
3. Jennings
4. Cooper
5. Morris

Beale would need some catching practice.
Jennings to replace any second row centres we have left.
Cooper and Morris combination returns.

But in saying that, we still need to get the ball to them no matter which back 5 we use !

Minh

First Grade
How about

1. Beale
2. Nightingale
3. Jennings
4. Cooper
5. Morris

Beale would need some catching practice.
Jennings to replace any second row centres we have left.
Cooper and Morris combination returns.

But in saying that, we still need to get the ball to them no matter which back 5 we use !

That would be the exact backline I'd use next year if we got Jennings, it's a BIG "IF".

Minh

First Grade
I reckon Mitch Rein.

I 've said it before in another thread he has the speed off the mark and the vision to see what's going on (apart from the errors against penrith).

Good ball skills and a pssing game but haven't seen his kicking game this year.

He can also defend pretty well.

Interesting thoughts I think Mitch Rein is a very adaptable type of player I wouldn't put it beyond him he has it between the ears.

jenninga

First Grade
Yes Mick did something wrong last year but what early 20's bloke with a lot of money or none for that matter hasn't.

This year he had one beer at 10am on ANZAC day. Don't believe everything the grub Weidler says. Gould and Cleary have let it be known from day one that the club is going broke and they have had to pay overs for players. He has been in their firing line since.
Correct ,Weidler is best suited to New Idea or Womens Day,gossip artist at it's best,sick of bull s**t journalism.

Elias1983

Coach
Interesting thoughts I think Mitch Rein is a very adaptable type of player I wouldn't put it beyond him he has it between the ears.

Imagine Rein at halfback and king at dummy half?

Assuming Rein adapts that would one lethal combo.

Father Ted

First Grade
I'm with Elias1983 on this and it would bring King onto the field at the same time . Maybe the beginnings of a wonderful future , worth the experiment.

Minh

First Grade
Imagine Rein at halfback and king at dummy half?

Assuming Rein adapts that would one lethal combo.

Like Father said it would be worth the experiment and between Stanley, King and Rein we may have our Hooker half solution.

jenninga

First Grade
He would be a sensational buy for the Dragons. Geez I hope Doust makes a play for him.

Saints apparently have a great half back in the juniors. Plays for the Aust Schoolboy's and they say he will be brilliant. Plus with Kyle, Soward, Hornby next season, Cam King and Fien they have cover for halves. A centre is higher priority imo. Especially of that calibre. Seriously, who would you prefer Saints splash the cash on a brilliant centre ( top 5 in the NRL) or a halfback who would probably not even be in the top 10.

Saints can do a Roosters and get Robert Lui when his 1 year suspension is up. He would be cheap halfback sollution. Similar to Carney when he went to the Chooks.
Is this the half with the arthritic problem in his hands,heard about this guy but may have a problem.

Latest posts