What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jennings officially offered to rival clubs

Pearce won't happen he won't leave the Roosters nor will they let him the Dragons really missed the boat with Maloney also.

Other than him and thats at the end of 2013 Miller is off contract at the Tigers and at least he has played some first grade and didn't look to bad.

Townsend would be a good fit but the Sharks will make he wallow away in the NSW Cup he couldn't even get a crack with Carney out Graham got the gig but he is also off contract.

Stagger Lee

Bench
lets not lose sight that we need a good half before we need a bloke who commands 600k elsewhere. he wont win us many games if our halves dont get him the ball.
throw the good money at pearce first then see whats left. obviously chasing cronk so hard is where their mindset is for signings.

Good post

We or anyone wont be paying him $600,000. It may be a case of we pay $350,000 and panthers pay the rest until his contract is finished.

Mr Red

First Grade
Be good to get him but we won't pay anywhere near what he's on at present and he won't take a pay cut ....unless he's sacked.

... or stuck playing for wenty forever... players do have some pride, its not just about the cash.

Mr Red

First Grade
lets not lose sight that we need a good half before we need a bloke who commands 600k elsewhere. he wont win us many games if our halves dont get him the ball.
throw the good money at pearce first then see whats left. obviously chasing cronk so hard is where their mindset is for signings.
he wont get 600k anywhere - thats world class international money.
he will drop around 200k and i think 400k is worth it for an origin player who meets so many of our team requirements.

Fire

First Grade
I still have a lot of faith in Soward. Whether he is at 5/8 or HB, move Kyle or Cam into the halves with him, we'll be sweet.

I like Fein a lot (many will disagree and say he's too old). But I'm sort of happy he's injured and looking forward to Cam King getting a few games if he stays injury-free *touch wood*.

A lot of people are talking about signing players. But this season will bring the players closer together. How does it go, triumph through adversity or some shit. It will be good for the future (I hope).

nrlnrl

First Grade
I know Michael and his family personally for over 10 years now. If we want Michael, as mentioned in another thread, I hope we do a stanley family deal and sign his younger brother because he is a gun and Gould knows it. Penrith have bigger wraps on Robert and wont let him go in a hurry. It was always the case they needed to unload him cos he is on $600K and they are already close this year to breaching the 2nd tier salary cap due to their injuries.

It does fly in the face of "keeping our juniors in Penrith" and if Mick wants to stay he will have to drop to about $350 to stay there.

How old is Robert & how many brothers does he have ? One of them ( George ) is currently in Toyota Cup ( also a centre )

Slippery Morris

First Grade
He would be a sensational buy for the Dragons. Geez I hope Doust makes a play for him.

Saints apparently have a great half back in the juniors. Plays for the Aust Schoolboy's and they say he will be brilliant. Plus with Kyle, Soward, Hornby next season, Cam King and Fien they have cover for halves. A centre is higher priority imo. Especially of that calibre. Seriously, who would you prefer Saints splash the cash on a brilliant centre ( top 5 in the NRL) or a halfback who would probably not even be in the top 10.

Saints can do a Roosters and get Robert Lui when his 1 year suspension is up. He would be cheap halfback sollution. Similar to Carney when he went to the Chooks.

dougieswim

Juniors
Robert played in the SG Ball and George will also play for Penrith. They use to joke out there that they will have 3 Jennings, 2 Tia-Kalifi's in the one team.

nrlnrl

First Grade
Robert played in the SG Ball and George will also play for Penrith. They use to joke out there that they will have 3 Jennings, 2 Tia-Kalifi's in the one team.

cheers - I haven't seen George play Toyota Cup yet, have you ?

thommo4pm

Coach
He would be a sensational buy for the Dragons. Geez I hope Doust makes a play for him.

Saints apparently have a great half back in the juniors. Plays for the Aust Schoolboy's and they say he will be brilliant. Plus with Kyle, Soward, Hornby next season, Cam King and Fien they have cover for halves. A centre is higher priority imo. Especially of that calibre. Seriously, who would you prefer Saints splash the cash on a brilliant centre ( top 5 in the NRL) or a halfback who would probably not even be in the top 10.

Saints can do a Roosters and get Robert Lui when his 1 year suspension is up. He would be cheap halfback sollution. Similar to Carney when he went to the Chooks.

Who is this halfback you refer too, and what grade is he currently playing in (i.e S G Ball / Harold Matt's)?

Father Ted

First Grade
RLW alerted readers to the talents of Jackson Hastings - Son of Roosters son Kevin-earlier this season. Jackson, a halfback in hot demand from NRL clubs , has just made the NSW under-16 team for the curtain raiser to origin one next week.

Isn't this kid in our junior area ? I believe he is . If so why Doustie, haven't you got him signed sealed and delivered yet .. Try to show us you can be useful on rare occasions..

nrlnrl

First Grade

Saints apparently have a great half back in the juniors. Plays for the Aust Schoolboy's and they say he will be brilliant.

His name is Jackson Hastings ( yes, he's the son of former Roosters player Kevin ) & he's just been picked in the NSW under 16 team ( playing QLD next Wednesday in curtain raiser to Origin ). I think he goes to Illawarra Sports High ? I don't know whether he's contracted to the Dragons though. He played Harold Matthews for Illawarra this year - did anyone on the forum see him play ?

Father Ted

First Grade

You want us to be represented by a guy who thumps women .. We need to have a good hard look at our collective selves and what we stand for if we sign this gentleman.

Father Ted

First Grade

I think the Panthers might want Pearce and if they can unload the very talented Jennings they might have the cap space to do so. Why do the Panthers any favours ?
So at this point if I'm Doust I sound out Pearce first and decide if I'm any real chance of getting him and if so I make a play . If the answer is no then and only then do I go hard after the Jennings boys.

redvforlife

Juniors
You want us to be represented by a guy who thumps women .. We need to have a good hard look at our collective selves and what we stand for if we sign this gentleman.

That's what I was thinking. Not much could make me give up faith on my team, but signing him would. Very quickly.

Latest posts