What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jennings officially offered to rival clubs

Father Ted

First Grade
Rein in the halves? Ahh no - King maybe but Rein...No.

Why not? Rein has good vision ( forgetting his Penrith blooper) Good pace and can defend and I see King as more the old style Hooker . It's nearly at the stage of the year where a well placed experiment , one brave piece of selection could resurrect our season .

Fire

First Grade
Just my 2c on the gist of this thread.

1. Pearce - I have been brought around by several people in the club and Dragons fans. He should be our number one priority (but as others have mentioned, it will be hard if we get into a bidding war with the Roosters).

2. Jennings - Could definitely use him. But I'd rather go after T-Rex and Manu first. But he would do no damage to the club at all.

3. Lui - I'd never stop going for the Dragons in my life. But gee it would leave a sour taste in my mouth watching him in the Red V. I would never cheer for him. Putting him in Carney's league is incorrect I believe. Carney is a functioning alcoholic, Lui bashes women, twice, once when the woman was pregnant?! No thanks.

4. Doust - What can you say, he's taken us back to the bad old days within three months. I believe he is butting in on Price.

5. Price - Still have a lot of confidence in him. However, Dell interviewed Bennett at the back end of last year. When Bennett was talking to the Dragons in 2008, he told Doust and the board in very clear terms to STAY OUT OF HIS BUSINESS. He was coach, and he picked the team, etc. I think Doust is doing to Price what he would've been doing to Brownie.

6. Stanley - Strongly agree with what others have said regarding him going back to the Cutters. THIS KID MUST LEARN HIS TRADE AT 5/8.

7. King and Rein - No problem with either one going to half-back. Would rather King there as Rein provides very quick service from dummy-half. But Rein could do the job. But I don't think this will happen barring Hornby getting injured, and I definitely don't want our captain injured (no matter if he does only catch and pass most of the time).

Last edited:

Minh

First Grade
We should go after Wade Graham he is a very talented player and could be a future star.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Why is Doust to blame for this? He brought in Bennett, won us a premiership, and held on to our key juniors in Hornby, Cooper, Morris, Nightingale, Gaz until this year, Young, Creagh, Prior, Hunt, Merrin, etc. He is a great CEO and has been able to do something not many clubs can and that is hold on to our talent. Saints are the only team that will have not 1 or 2 one club players but a heap of them and that is due to his great manangement. I would not swap Doust for anyone.

Not sure the name of the halfback as per my post above but apparently Saints have a gun junior halfback. I head this from a very reliable source who is on the St George Illawarra board.

Father Ted

First Grade
QUOTE=Slippery Morris;8339063]Why is Doust to blame for this? He brought in Bennett, won us a premiership, and held on to our key juniors in Hornby, Cooper, Morris, Nightingale, Gaz until this year, Young, Creagh, Prior, Hunt, Merrin, etc. He is a great CEO and has been able to do something not many clubs can and that is hold on to our talent. Saints are the only team that will have not 1 or 2 one club players but a heap of them and that is due to his great manangement. I would not swap Doust for anyone.

I just don't have the time to write all the silly things the CEO has done over the years . First Gaz left because his contract was not quite honoured not Dousts fault but leave he did and came back then left again . But the years 09 and 10 years were Bennetts ability to fend Doust off . I admire peoples loyality with Doust but deplore their short memories .

Not sure the name of the halfback as per my post above but apparently Saints have a gun junior halfback. I head this from a very reliable source who is on the St George Illawarra board.[/QUOTE]

So today someones cousins brothers sisters wife's best friend who is a reliable source tells you we have a gun half . Did they give a name or better still has your hero signed him yet?
Or is the CEO busy planning our move to homebush with his new buddies One of whom he says we should sue over Moltzen.
Perhaps the kid is the wrong body shape?
Maybe it will be announced on friday to our key shareholders?
My points
1 actions and not cliches win grandfinals .
2 You can't live on past glory you must always be planning in consultation with your fans if you want to stay successful.
3 We had a great crop of players come through but wheres the next lot? Whats the plan?

Godz Illa

Coach
3 We had a great crop of players come through but wheres the next lot?
Kyle Stanley (21), Cam King (21), De Belin (21), Merrin (22), Rein (22), Vidot (22), Chase Stanley (22) and so far next year Gerard Beale (21) and Tyson Frizell (21). That alone is an exciting crop of young players to build a team with, and all have first grade experience. A few pieces of the puzzle missing here and there but it's a strong young bunch

Last edited:

Father Ted

First Grade
Kyle Stanley (21), De Belin (21), Merrin (22), Vidot (22), Chase Stanley (22) and so far next year Gerard Beale (21) and Tyson Frizell (21). That alone is an exciting crop of young players to build a team with, and all have first grade experience. A few pieces of the puzzle missing here and there but it's a strong young bunch

I'm with you on DeBelin , Merrin and Beale but the rest I have reservations about big guy and I still want to hear that we have signed young Hastings

Last edited:

saint06

Juniors
If we have a no dickheads policy at the club, why would we go after a guy who is breaking the rules at a rival club? Why would we go after Jennings if he has had issues over the past few years???

Personally, i would love him in our side.

Beale
Morris
Jennings
Cooper
Nightty

Awesome 1-5 for next year - yes please!

Bring back choc

Juniors
Just wanted to ask, and all jibes and BS aside, surely we could be looking at him??
I mean seriously we need a strike centre don't we? Coopers retiring soon??
I would have thought players like this don't come on the market that often and could be perfect chance to do a deal. Panthers don't want him. C'mon dousty!

Elias1983

Coach
Nah we'll end up signing someone like Leilua......

But they should at least be looking at Jennings.

Mr Red

First Grade
souths are after jennings and are just trying to offload a few players to free up the cash.
Fetuli talanoa one of the players they are trying to offload. they dont need him anymore with the emergence of Hunt and Everingham out wide..

Elias1983

Coach
souths are after jennings and are just trying to offload a few players to free up the cash.
Fetuli talanoa one of the players they are trying to offload. they dont need him anymore with the emergence of Hunt and Everingham out wide..

No wonder, worst winger/fullback I have ever seen.

Father Ted

First Grade
Just wanted to ask, and all jibes and BS aside, surely we could be looking at him??
I mean seriously we need a strike centre don't we? Coopers retiring soon??
I would have thought players like this don't come on the market that often and could be perfect chance to do a deal. Panthers don't want him. C'mon dousty!

I think it may be under the heading of Fiduciary Responsibility. Not totally sure. By the way Luke Lewis is quite Peaved by all accounts . He and Jennings are close mates I'd like him ( Lewis ) in red and white. Perfect replacement for Youngie imo.

Mr Red

First Grade
I think it may be under the heading of Fiduciary Responsibility. Not totally sure. By the way Luke Lewis is quite Peaved by all accounts . He and Jennings are close mates I'd like him ( Lewis ) in red and white. Perfect replacement for Youngie imo.
yeah lewis would be an awesome signing.. but he is the heart and soul of the panthers, i cant see him leaving...
still only 28 so got a good 4 - 5 years left in him..

Bring back choc

Juniors
It's interesting to hear people on talk back starting to raise the fact the dragons are too reliant on juniors and need to buy some players. I know I have banged on about this for an eternity but guys it's so bloody true. I would absolutely love to know if price, Doust actually see this. I heard that 13 out of 17 players on sat are juniors. That's brilliant if the players are up to it!
What are people's thoughts on this? I honestly can't understand why we are not bringing a few top players in. Jennings would be perfect start.

Mr Red

First Grade
more than happy to look to juniors as the first option, if we have a gun junior then by all means groom him for first grade.
however its pretty simple - if you dont have a junior ready to step up, or a good junior in a key role at all then you must recruit.
i woudlnt just promote a junior to first grade for the sake of using a junior if they werent up to it..
first grade is not a training ground.. you have to hit the ground running...
just like manly did with cherry evans - deliberately held him back an extra season in QLD cup to ensure he was 100% ready for first grade...

Fire

First Grade
^ We're not bringing in players because we don't have 'pulling power' anymore with Bennett gone.

Pearce is pissed off at the way Smith treated Anasta and (apparently) wants to leave. It's a three-way race between us, Knights and Sharks. I believe Knights will get him.

It doesn't help we're sitting in the middle of the table.

The club is still talking the G Stewart.

Choc, you say you're a successful businessman. Even primary school students know businesses go through booms and busts. With the salary cap, the NRL is cyclical in nature.

Price and Doust are not sitting on their hands. They thought they signed Moltzen last season, and they went hard after Cronk and Foran.

Latest posts