What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jennings officially offered to rival clubs

Outlaw Pete

Juniors
Be good to get him but we won't pay anywhere near what he's on at present and he won't take a pay cut ....unless he's sacked.

The whole ploy to send him to the NSW Cup was simple the Panthers are rooted they have f**ked up big time with their salary cap and the Dragons have got cash with Scott and Young going.

They really need to sign him he replaces Cooper in a long term move and allows Green to mature who I see as a backrower in the future anyway.

Mr Red

First Grade
The whole ploy to send him to the NSW Cup was simple the Panthers are rooted they have f**ked up big time with their salary cap and the Dragons have got cash with Scott and Young going.

They really need to sign him he replaces Cooper in a long term move and allows Green to mature who I see as a backrower in the future anyway.

yep agree - use a discipline measure as a means to allow them to offload him - they a screwed big time on their salary cap..
makes you wonder how - they lost Bell and Tahu from last season and Civonaceva,Pritchard and Waterhouse from the season before..
they dont seem to have any big superstars apart from Luke Lewis and Jennings who would be on big cash...

Mr Red

First Grade
Mate you beat me to it!! We are screaming for a centre. Jennings would be brilliant. Needs a fresh start. He wouldnt get 600k a year anywhere.

Would be brilliant

can play left or right centre - CHECK
has x-factor - CHECK
we need a centre - CHECK
we have cash - CHECK
we need attacking options - CHECK

perfect fit...
f**k me if we dont make a play for him i dont know what Price, Craig Young and Doust are doing...
this was announced 50 mins ago - they should already have been on the phone to him by now if they are half decent...

Fire

First Grade
He's a great rugby league player, but seems like a total wanker of a person. Who the f**k turns up to training drunk (letting their teammates down) and leaves rehab to get pissed, too. THEN Sticky picks him for Origin. Jennings is laughing at all of us.

I'm sick of all this PC shit around alcoholism in rugby league. He's a bum drunk who needs to dry out before he comes anywhere near the Dragons.

Masterstroke by Gould and Cleary getting rid of this spoilt brat.

nrlnrl

First Grade
Knights, Bulldogs, Eels & Sharks

I reckon a few clubs would be telling their NSW players to convince Jennings to join their side

Last edited:

dougieswim

Juniors
I know Michael and his family personally for over 10 years now. If we want Michael, as mentioned in another thread, I hope we do a stanley family deal and sign his younger brother because he is a gun and Gould knows it. Penrith have bigger wraps on Robert and wont let him go in a hurry. It was always the case they needed to unload him cos he is on $600K and they are already close this year to breaching the 2nd tier salary cap due to their injuries.

It does fly in the face of "keeping our juniors in Penrith" and if Mick wants to stay he will have to drop to about $350 to stay there.

dougieswim

Juniors
He's a great rugby league player, but seems like a total wanker of a person. Who the f**k turns up to training drunk (letting their teammates down) and leaves rehab to get pissed, too. THEN Sticky picks him for Origin. Jennings is laughing at all of us.

I'm sick of all this PC shit around alcoholism in rugby league. He's a bum drunk who needs to dry out before he comes anywhere near the Dragons.

Yes Mick did something wrong last year but what early 20's bloke with a lot of money or none for that matter hasn't.

This year he had one beer at 10am on ANZAC day. Don't believe everything the grub Weidler says. Gould and Cleary have let it be known from day one that the club is going broke and they have had to pay overs for players. He has been in their firing line since.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
We have cap space, not sure about the cash....

Wow, Jennings with Best outside..........and Carney with Gallen offloads.....Jezza there too.

Mouth waters, but hey pipe dream more than likely.

blacklock

Juniors

didnt we go through this with carney??? his personal business sprays all over the back pages...

fast forward and who ended up with an origin spot and leading their team to awin over the storm.

so long as he performs when it counts...he could drink himself into oblivion. he cant do anything he wants outside the football. results are all that count.

Fire

First Grade
Yes Mick did something wrong last year but what early 20's bloke with a lot of money or none for that matter hasn't.

This year he had one beer at 10am on ANZAC day. Don't believe everything the grub Weidler says. Gould and Cleary have let it be known from day one that the club is going broke and they have had to pay overs for players. He has been in their firing line since.

Ok I'm sorry, and I'm sorry if I offended you as you know the family personally.

My initial blow-up was a little harsh and stupid of me. I understand he's in his early 20s (I work with some of the NYC teams and know they're far from perfect) and he's entitled to stuff up. I just hope his attitude improves.

What you said about his brother sounds promising.

Cheers.

dragoncountry

Juniors
lets not lose sight that we need a good half before we need a bloke who commands 600k elsewhere. he wont win us many games if our halves dont get him the ball.
throw the good money at pearce first then see whats left. obviously chasing cronk so hard is where their mindset is for signings.

Latest posts