What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jennings to the Roosters?

MaxPower

Juniors
Yeah it does matter, it's a contract. Your boss can't have you sign a $50K per year salary and pay you $25K one year and $75K the next because he feels like it. Both parties would have to agree to renegotiate.

In this case they would be helping out the club, and getting paid early. Can't see why they wouldn't agree to that.

mxlegend99

Referee
Yeah why wouldn't a player be happy getting their money earlier?

Worst case scenario for the player is they get the bulk of their contract a year early and come out even anyway. Or they could be dodgy and seek a release or get sacked etc. and still manage a full value contract. Low risk for the player.

mxlegend99

Referee
Also would fans be entitled to refunds on their memberships if the club releases Jennings after him being a big part of the advertising for membership? I'm sure there wouldn't be many who would be bitter enough to want a refund, but it's basically false advertising if they know that Michael Jennings isn't going to be with us... or if they're atleast trying to push him out the door.

Just seems very dodgy for the club to use him in marketing if they don't want him with us.

franklin2323

Immortal
Exactly. I rate him as a player. I understand though $650k + 25% of any cap rise is way overs. The fact is this clause has been in his contract since pre-gus & it should of been sorted well before now.

Why do we need him out 3 weeks out from the 1st trial and not during last season? Why knowing this was on the cards why is he everywhere advertising the club? Even Gus' twitter has him on the top left corner.

Very poorly handled.

HankScorpio

Juniors
"Very poorly handled" is the unofficial club motto.

Yep. Seems like we take one step forward and two steps back lately.

Community efforts step up - Bye bye Flash.
Junior grades doing well - Bye bye Lewis.
Debt almost reduced - reportedly forcing out Jennings.
Etc, etc.

franklin2323

Immortal
Then we will reportly need a strike centre & go after Folau. He comes Thurston retires. It's alway something with the club. Very hard to be a supporter at times.

Ausguy

Coach
Im not sure i could be as calm as some of you blokes if my club was doing what your club 'seems to be doing'.

Sure there is probably a plan or atleast a silver lining but it must be hard not knowing what the real story is.

What is the vibe in the general supporters groups about what is going on? Do you think it will affect ticket sales and memberships this year?

MaxPower

Juniors
The club is in a shit position. There is either going to be short term pain, or long term pain. No way around it.

soc123_au

Staff member
Im not sure i could be as calm as some of you blokes if my club was doing what your club 'seems to be doing'.

Sure there is probably a plan or atleast a silver lining but it must be hard not knowing what the real story is.

What is the vibe in the general supporters groups about what is going on? Do you think it will affect ticket sales and memberships this year?

I think for the most part we are just used to this sort of shit. It's how we roll, one upheaval to the next. I am confident this time that those on charge have a plan. But you are right, it is f**king frustrating not having a clue what the big picture is. I just hope Gus knows the goal, sometimes I wonder.

franklin2323

Immortal
Spot on. It's horsesh!t but it's common practice. We are alway rebuilding. Always lose players we should keep.

Sure our $600k centre being sold 3 weeks from the 1st trial is a joke.
So was releasing our last 2 captains.
So was pulling a half out of NYC close to the finals for a op so he has the full season only to release him during that pre-season leaving only an inconsistent 7 at the club.

As for the fans. Take a poll of fans the top 3 players: Gordon, Lewis & Jennings. All gone in the same season it will hurt.

The fact Jennings has been our only All Star rep shows others feel the same. I think we will have a drop in fans/members

franklin2323

Immortal
So you are 100% ok with everything at the club? We get things right then take them away. It's frustrating.

Are the reserved seating and Grandstand's so full we can't keep the blackhole??

Tried to buy anything from the club recently?? Website doesn't work. Shop's very small with a limited range.
We didn't have that problem with Shaun incharge.

We needed a 7 so much Siejka had to miss the end of NYC so too have a full pre-season yet was allowed from his last year to go to NZ.

This 25% clause has been there since Jenko signed. Yet 3 weeks out we simply can't afford him. In the meantime he's training. We are doing ballwork, set moves etc with him a vital part yet come trials he will be gone.

Just doesn't make sense.

I just scratch my head sometimes.

Not all bad Financially it's stronger, Juniors look stronger (though we are still losing them).

It's just the same things no matter who is in charge that's frustrating.

Richo was here. Killed us backending Lewis, Rooney etc.
Didn't have the forsight to lock up Whatuira knowing Girds was retiring. Leaving us with no centres.
Wallace wants 7 goes for an opportunity. Within a month Gower's released. 5 years later we are still searching for a 7.

Big Mick

Referee
I'm not 100% ok with everything at the club....

I've just learnt to take the good with the bad and not give a shit really any more.

Last edited:

Doomednow

Bench
That's not great for building a loyal fanbase, though. "Panther Pride" seems a bit difficult swallow at the moment. Right now I'm just hoping like hell there's a master plan and this isn't all just more of the same BS.

Big Mick

Referee
I guess I'm just willing to see how this all plays out and then pass judgement.

Right now noone knows what is going on and that is probably how they want it.

That's just why I'm having that attitude right now.

Last edited:

darkbloom

Juniors
Hard to argue with the thought process. We always have this sort of stuff going on.

Really? When was the last time we lost 3 SOO or senior rep players in a season - assuming Jennings goes. Under Elliott I think we lost 2 - and that is precisely the point, it was Elliott.

Or when was the last time a star player was shopped around for 18 months with continued uncertainty weeks away from the start of a season? When did we last lose a home bred captain of the club, who was one of our best performers and who wanted desparately to stay but couldn't because he wasn't wanted but who had to suffer the turmoil of not even being told the truth of that and having to decipher for himself the meaning of the silent treatment and the unreasnable attitudes he was experiencing.

There is always change and often turmoil it is the nature of the game but when was the last time the main communications device of the club (read Panthers Den today) faced turmoil and hard times with information about having home-made pizza for dinner, photos of his boat on yowie bay, observations on the cricket or tennis, news about foxtel not working - you tell me in all this turmoil just wtf is the leader of the organisation doing???

Last edited:

Latest posts