What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jennings to the Roosters?

murraymob

Coach
interesting that roosters staff are saying he will be there when they pretty much have no say in it.It comes down to gould letting him go and we know gould will not pay a big chunk of his contract to go.
Jennings will need to take a pay cut and he would be mad if he did

The OX

Juniors
He would need a huge 3rd party deal to go elsewhere.

Why would we pay 200k+, then have to find another competitive centre.

What $$$ do we save. And if we arent substantially better of financially, why let him go?

Kilkenny

Coach
He would need a huge 3rd party deal to go elsewhere.

Why would we pay 200k+, then have to find another competitive centre.

What $$$ do we save. And if we arent substantially better of financially, why let him go?

Panther Daz made the very good point about most clubs paying the highest salaries to the key players in the 1,6, 7 & 9. Not us were obviously to smart for that. I think moving Jennings on is simply business decision which is seen as necessary to bring about correcting some poorly negotiated contracts from the four players we have all talked about. If other clubs were knocking Gould's door down to take Coote and McKendry off our hands it would all be so different. They would be going and Jennings staying. It's that simple. Jennings is being released because he is in demand and Grant not for sale.

Kilkenny

Coach
Someone better let Jenko know, as far as he's concerned he's staying at the Panthers and pumped for the new season.

I think you are making up rubbish my friend.

Can't reveal the source but Jennings leaving is a very real possibility and should be known one way or the other this week.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Can't reveal the source but Jennings leaving is a very real possibility and should be known one way or the other this week.

If only I had a dollar for every time I've heard that.

My source is Michael Jennings. That will do me.

Not that I care, his brother is going to be better anyway.

murraymob

Coach
if a amount can be negotiated between the panthers and jennings manager he will be a rooster.I hear at this point it is a big gap on what both want.Next week the guy acting on behalf of jennings manager is back from holiday.Then we will know

murraymob

Coach

both brothers have great potential would be a interesting side in a few years with 3 jennings a cartwright a mckay and at a pinch maybe a geyer

Kilkenny

Coach

Not that I care, his brother is going to be better anyway.[/QUOTE

Understandable. However, I simply point out I am not in the business of posting made up stuff by me. Just like the stuff being talked about around Michael Jennings the same applies to Jonathon Thurston. There is a reason he has not yet committed to NQ and it largely revolves around the Panthers. All will become known very soon.

bellyache

Bench

You'll Know the truth soon enough... I've heard many times about players brothers being better, Most have failed. His brother hasn't yet played NRL week in week out, Big call!

Kilkenny

Coach
You'll Know the truth soon enough... I've heard many times about players brothers being better, Most have failed. His brother hasn't yet played NRL week in week out, Big call!

George and Robert Jennings are both talents. Different players to Michael both bigger in size but both have the potential to play NRL. Robert is the youngest and play Matts last year so he is a little way off being considered for the NRL. Bellyache, remember the name Dallin Watene Melezniak he will be the next Panther superstar.

bellyache

Bench
George and Robert Jennings are both talents. Different players to Michael both bigger in size but both have the potential to play NRL. Robert is the youngest and play Matts last year so he is a little way off being considered for the NRL. Bellyache, remember the name Dallin Watene Melezniak he will be the next Panther superstar.
Na, Dallin doesn't ring a bell. Hope they both make it.. Most players that are "going to make it big" get a start by the time they are elidgable, how old are these boys?

franklin2323

Immortal
If Jennings does leave. It won't be because he hates the club or anything. It will be the fact the club didn't want to honor a deal done with previous management.

Given all 3 brothers have the same manager you would think the chances of the others staying would be close to zero.

darkbloom

Juniors
Is it true that the real problem for us is that the Jennings contract contains a guarantee for a 3rd party payment but the club hasn't been able to secure a third party. Therefore we have to pay it and therefore it takes up salary cap.

If that is the case I can't really understand why people think the contract was a terrible negotiation. What is terrible that is that neither the previous nor the current administration have been able to secure the third party deal.

rem286

Juniors

Petero told me he was happy and staying at Penrith 2 days before the announcement he was leaving so I wouldn't have much faith in what the player says. And why on earth should or would Panthers have to pay any of Jennings salary if it is him who asks for a release from his contract. If he wants out it should be bad luck buddy you are stuck with whatever deal you make elsewhere. Panthers are not in a position to be paying for another club to have a decent player.

Latest posts