What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jennings to the Roosters?

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Robert is off contract this year and I tend to think he will follow Michael.

As for Dallin, it is actually Zelezniak not Melezniak. He is currently off contract and is negotiating with Panthers but there is plenty of interest elsewhere.

Big Mick

Referee
To be honest why would Robert go there.

Shaun Kenny-Dowell and Jenko if he goes there will be the centres for 5 years.

The wingers will be Moga and the other young kid they got.

Fullback will be RTS.

I don't think the Jennings brothers would be that stupid to just go for the sake of it. They'll do what is best for them and what is the best chance they have at making first grade...and without his brother there...the best chance for First Grade is at Penrith to be honest.

We'll see how we go...but I couldn't care less any more.

Bob

Juniors
Robert is off contract this year and I tend to think he will follow Michael.

As for Dallin, it is actually Zelezniak not Melezniak. He is currently off contract and is negotiating with Panthers but there is plenty of interest elsewhere.
I hope with his brother joining the Warriors it doesn't influence him

soc123_au

Staff member
Has Malakai gone to the Warriors? He seemed to dissapear off the radar. I was hoping he would kick on at Penrith.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Today could be the day we get an answer. Plenty of negotiations between Penrith and the Roosters,Sharks and Titans on the agenda.

Panfas

Juniors
Can someone please explain what benefit we get from releasing him THIS YEAR will be? If MJ is the final issue to resolve to get JT, why release this year when JT wont be until 2014?

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Can someone please explain what benefit we get from releasing him THIS YEAR will be? If MJ is the final issue to resolve to get JT, why release this year when JT wont be until 2014?

The huge benefit would be to front end the likes of Coote and McKendry so we can possibly get rid of them earlier from when their contract ends. They will then be worth less under the cap next year so therefore clearing further cash for a Thurston bid.

Last edited:

Panfas

Juniors
The huge benefit would be to front end the likes of Coote and McKendry so we can possibly get rid of them earlier from when their contract ends. They will then be worth less under the cap next year so therefore clearing further cash for a Thurston bid.
Hmmm, interesting. Would this be allowed, altering the contract and all?

darkbloom

Juniors

I thought there was a fairly emphatic, definite, statement on the Panthers website that Panthers was not chasing JT.

franklin2323

Immortal
If only I had a dollar for every time I've heard that.

My source is Michael Jennings. That will do me.

Not that I care, his brother is going to be better anyway.[/QUOTE

Understandable. However, I simply point out I am not in the business of posting made up stuff by me. Just like the stuff being talked about around Michael Jennings the same applies to Jonathon Thurston. There is a reason he has not yet committed to NQ and it largely revolves around the Panthers. All will become known very soon.

I have heard the same thing from reliable sources. The fact neither the club or Jennings has said anything is usually a give away that his gone

BKB

Juniors
Yes it is.

If Sam is on $2m over 4 years. As long as he gets the $2m it doesn't matter how much we pay in each year.

Yeah it does matter, it's a contract. Your boss can't have you sign a $50K per year salary and pay you $25K one year and $75K the next because he feels like it. Both parties would have to agree to renegotiate.

franklin2323

Immortal
Because they just don't want him there and why make a statement that they were not chasing JT?

Why say Petero has a job for life to release him a week later?
Why pull Siejka out of NYC who are top 4. To have his shoulder operation so he's fit for round 1. only to release him during the pre-season?

I can handle Jennings staying or going. I understand both sides of the argument.

Like the Lewis captaincy. It's been handled very poorly

Latest posts