What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jennings to the Roosters?

murraymob

Coach
Fair point, but you guys could have given it a go in 2013, while hawking him around for 2014 if it didn't work. Better then paying the BBQ chooks a shite load of cash to take him. I would say, you will probably lose George and Robert as well.

don t you need to catch the ball to be a fullback.Jennings had a chance there and had all sorts of problems .Experiment over after a few games

Fair point, but you guys could have given it a go in 2013, while hawking him around for 2014 if it didn't work. Better then paying the BBQ chooks a shite load of cash to take him. I would say, you will probably lose George and Robert as well.

But the certainty of moving him now means we can be one of the earliest & big players in the 2014 player market.

Even if he turned into a great fullback we'd still be searching for a 6&7 on limited money.

Losing his brothers could really hurt though you're right.

magpie4ever

First Grade
elliott gave him a run there to get him more involved he droped more than he caught.And his positional play on the kick was way off.They gave him a few games there but it was just not working

Ok, it just seems he has many of the same attributes as Slater - thought it might have been worth a shot to get value for the money.

Kilkenny

Coach
If the other Jennings brothers choose to leave well there's nothing we can do about it, so be it.

If they are smart and advised correctly they may just hang around a little while because if there good enough there may be some openings in an NRL side called the Panthers.

mxlegend99

Referee
Well with the likes of Tighe, Naiqama and Daniela being the main competition for a spot in first grade, these guys would be odds on to get a shot at our club before others. Trouble is a shot will be a game here and there and possibly do more harm then good. They need a club with faith in them. That won't be us.

rabbitohs95

Bench
Hope Penrith do recover from the onslaught of losses.

I think in 3 years they should be right if they do blood young players, they have a whole crop of future stars in the squad atm such as Austin, Robinson and Mansour etc etc

Doomednow

Bench
3 years is a long wait. I want to see some promise this year. We don't have to make the finals, or even the top 12, but I want to see promise, development, and the right choices being made.

natheel

Coach
Does the loss of Jennings upset you guys? As in like feel like how u are losing Lewis? He may be a loss early on but you guys will be right. But how will you feel if you miss thurston?

franklin2323

Immortal
I think in 3 years they should be right if they do blood young players, they have a whole crop of future stars in the squad atm such as Austin, Robinson and Mansour etc etc

Every year it's always we will be good next year or in a couple of seasons. It never happens we always sell good players and keep garbage.

franklin2323

Immortal
Does the loss of Jennings upset you guys? As in like feel like how u are losing Lewis? He may be a loss early on but you guys will be right. But how will you feel if you miss thurston?

No this is worse. Lewis was cut mid season and gave us time to replace him.

Since late 2011 this Jennings issue has been brewing so why release him when we have no time to replace him?

So why the immediate release? We could of done it anytime. You also don't put that player in membership flyers or ads for the upcoming season.

The roosters remeber were in long negotitations with SBW. They likely couldn't commit to anything until they knee what was happening there.

For all we know the club may have tried to do this for the past six months.

chrisD

Coach
Who do kids growing up in the Penrith Area aspire to play like this season? No real superstar player that evokes any real excitement.

Worse than the team just sucking, they're shaping up to be boring.