What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jennings to the Roosters?

mxlegend99

Referee
Hopefully he does stay. I cant see the money going anywhere better in 2013, and hopefully they switch to trying to get rid of Coote or McKendry. Ideally we could keep them all and lower their contracts. But Jenko is being paid closer to his value then these guys.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Hopefully he does stay. I cant see the money going anywhere better in 2013, and hopefully they switch to trying to get rid of Coote or McKendry. Ideally we could keep them all and lower their contracts. But Jenko is being paid closer to his value then these guys.

Keeping Jennings and getting rid of Coote and McKendry for Thurston would be awesome!

Kilkenny

Coach
Keeping Jennings and getting rid of Coote and McKendry for Thurston would be awesome!

If Jennings stays, we do NOT seal and deliver on the Jonathon Thurston deal.

Jennings leaves the Thurston deal will be confirmed shortly thereafter.

It is that simple. I now which option I prefer.

BKB

Juniors

Totally agree. He's a game breaker and an Origin player and I believe he can deliver with the right service.

I don't want to start Coote bashing again but I'm still to be convinced he is of first grade standard. McKendry needs to recapture his lost form. Both should go before Jenko.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Coote is a first grader. However he is not worth half he is on. He is solid without being spectacular.

franklin2323

Immortal
Totally agree. He's a game breaker and an Origin player and I believe he can deliver with the right service.

I don't want to start Coote bashing again but I'm still to be convinced he is of first grade standard. McKendry needs to recapture his lost form. Both should go before Jenko.

Coote at 6 could be the answer. Too slow for fullback. He has a huge kicking boot. Actually runs the ball so could do something close to the line. Still can chase the bombs and support from 6.

Should never play in the 1 again but give him a run the 6 atleast til know he's no good there

mxlegend99

Referee
If Jennings stays, we do NOT seal and deliver on the Jonathon Thurston deal.

Jennings leaves the Thurston deal will be confirmed shortly thereafter.

It is that simple. I now which option I prefer.
The problem is Jenko at the moment is playing like a $400k a season player. But with Thurston in the # 7 he could be playing how a $600k a season player should be. Trading Jenko for a 31yo Thurston would be bitter sweet imo.

Doomednow

Bench
If Jenko ends up staying it will be because no one wanted to match or beat his current pay packet. That should send a very clear message to him that he is being vastly over paid. That means he should be prepared to cop a significant pay cut when it comes to time to ink a new deal. There's a small chance we could end up with both.

But then if he does go and we keep George we might be no worse off. Getting Thurston no matter how old he is is the right move, I think. Put him in there and give him an eager young partner and we should be reasonably set for a few seasons to come. Certainly moreso than we are now.

bellyache

Bench
Coote is a first grader. However he is not worth half he is on. He is solid without being spectacular.
That's a bit hard on Coote, Coote could be great running of Thurston. On his day Coote is as good as the better fullbacks in the comp, Slater has Cronk and Smith to benefit from...

Shire Panther

Juniors
Jennings was sighted at Roosters HQ yesterday, Negotiations?
Interesting can you let us know what time he was sighted?
The reason I ask is that I seen MJ with some others at Rouse Hill so it will be interesting to see if the time he was apparently at Rooster HQ clashes with the time I physically seen him in Rouse Hill......

soc123_au

Staff member
That's a bit hard on Coote, Coote could be great running of Thurston. On his day Coote is as good as the better fullbacks in the comp, Slater has Cronk and Smith to benefit from...

Coote on his day is a quality footballer. His only fullback like attributes are a great pair of hands (mostly) & committed support play. Other than that he is too slow & not up to it defensively as a fullback. He is also small without the attacking flair of Ben Barba or Matt Bowen to be able to compensate.

He has enough quality to be worth the shot he will get in the halves. I hope he has an injury free year & at least 24 games to see what he has got. If he doesnt make it in the halves then fullback isnt the answer.

soc123_au

Staff member
The reason I ask is that I seen MJ with some others at Rouse Hill so it will be interesting to see if the time he was apparently at Rooster HQ clashes with the time I physically seen him in Rouse Hill......

:lol::lol::lol:

Bellyache, BHP, Bunniesman or whoever you are :arrow:

bellyache

Bench
Like it or not Jennings was at Roosters HQ on Wednesday morning... Wether or not you sighted him at Rousehill makes no difference!

Kilkenny

Coach
There hasn't been a lot of discussion about how Jennings is viewed by his current teammates. Does he have there support and do the majority want him to stay with the club? I have a feeling I may know the answer.