What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jeremy Smith

Utey

Coach
His first 25 mins were terrible, after that he really directed the boys around well. Did all the little things right. Showed his pace with that line break and had a pretty tops game after that.

He mightnt have the flair of Tim Smith but I sure enjoy watching him play. Much better performance and is improving every week.

The quicker we get Tim Smith in the better. Jeremy would make a fine 5/8 but he is no organiser and Lacks Vision. But He has done a good job in filling in.

Avenger

Immortal
John Morris also showed some inconsistency. He makes some stupid judgement calls. Like that banana kick he tried instead of passing it to Hayne. Even Hayne went off his head. I am excited about Finch coming. He is twice the player Morris is.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Avenger said:
John Morris also showed some inconsistency. He makes some stupid judgement calls. Like that banana kick he tried instead of passing it to Hayne. Even Hayne went off his head. I am excited about Finch coming. He is twice the player Morris is.

God bless Finchy, but...He's twice the player with half the defence...

TheParraboy

Staff member
I dont mind jeremy at all, he is going alright

most of our last 8 wins have been with him at No7

Stagger eel

Staff member
speaking of Finchy!! hw was f**ken brilliant tonight..he will definitely be a dangerman for us next week.

bartman

Immortal
The combo is going alright, despite the odd fluctuation. The guys in the team now look like they enjoy playing together and know they all must make an effort.

I'm still of the (minority) opinion that if Tim gets himself fit he should have a full game in Prems before being catapulted in for either of the guys that have been doing the job while we've climbed up the ladder.

Had Tim shown the fortitude to have a strong season himself up to injury it would be a different matter. I still also think Tim's habit of occasionally screaming at teammates on the field for dropping his passes probably wasn't as helpful to team harmony and morale as whatever spirit we have going on the field now.

caylo

Bench
i realy like the rosters halfback, he has some great vision... player of the future... for the rosters id say him (lewis? is that his name?), and sowary would make a good halves pairing. for us, im realy likeing some of the things finch is doing, he has a good running game 2, mabey would could even do somthing off a scrum every now and then... lol

Utey

Coach
eelavation said:
speaking of Finchy!! hw was f**ken brilliant tonight..he will definitely be a dangerman for us next week.

I saw bits and he shone in that 2nd half. Best Ive seen him play for a few years now.

Hurriflatch

Referee
Dusty has a much better running game then Timmy at least what has been seen so far both in 1st grade and last year when Jeremy was in reggies.

I actually wouldn't mind seeing the Smith's together in the halves with Jeremy at 5/8 to see how it goes

Morris hasn't really done anything wrong but of the 3 (Morris, J.Smith and T.Smith) Dusty seems to have the best running game.

Eelementary

Post Whore
But a halves combination of T. Smith and J. Smith would get shredded apart in defence...

Having said that, Jeremy's got some speed on him!

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I' not knocking him tho

it was one of his best games I thought,

he's very fit, he seemed to get more involved and better as the game went on

Eelementary

Post Whore
I'm with you, Twizz. It was far from a perfect game, but I really believe after those initial 25 minutes, he settles nicely and played quite solidly. He's quite dangerous on his feet, which is good to see. And his kicking game, while at times poor, isn't woeful - that kick he placed in for Burt's first try was superb.