What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jersey Changes?

DIEHARD

----
Gunna Matter said:
If I'm going to walk round in public with a large advertisment on my chest and back I should be paid for it. Why therefore should I have to pay $160 for the privilege?

Exactly. Jerseys should be more like $90. AFL jerseys are about $90 and have discrete sponsorship.

They should pay you $160 a month to walk around wearing it.

Choppies

Coach
its a joke the price of jerseys

and as for the Bulldogs jersey I like the current design
If it aint broke dont fix it

the_knights_rule

First Grade
yeah the knights are definately changing their jersey, they were seeling all 2004's jersey for really cheap so they could get rid of them

izzo

Juniors
DIEHARD said:
Gunna Matter said:
If I'm going to walk round in public with a large advertisment on my chest and back I should be paid for it. Why therefore should I have to pay $160 for the privilege?

Exactly. Jerseys should be more like $90. AFL jerseys are about $90 and have discrete sponsorship.

They should pay you $160 a month to walk around wearing it.

no sleeves on the afl

weird how club rugby jerseys are 80bucks and how the same sponsorship and so forth as an nrl jersey.

thats why your purcahse them at the end of the season when they are cheaper

pyro

Juniors
Choppies said:
its a joke the price of jerseys

and as for the Bulldogs jersey I like the current design
If it aint broke dont fix it

Damn straight.

I like the Dogs jersey, it really stands out.

Same goes for the Roosters jersey. the away jersey looks really good too IMO.

thuganomics

Coach
bedsy said:
thuganomics said:
I heard rumours that the Knights may even be lpaying in their 80's jersey next year. I wish they would change to the one they wore in the World Club Challenge in Feb 2002.
Oh no that was ugly the WCC one.
There will be a new jersey for the Knights... and yes an idea was to use the one they wore in 80's week.

I liked those WWC ones 8)

KulaShaker

Juniors
This (next) season is the last year for our jersey... I think... the federation jerseys (hoops) have to come back. Soon.

Parra_Eels

Bench
the retro knights one is awesome - should definitely be their normal jersey. also whats wrong with the bulldogs one? its fine

Saint Doc

Coach
My understanding is home jerseys must stay for 3 years and away jersey's for 2.

Its common for premiers and grand finalists to change jerseys - they sell so much merchandise in grand final week that anyone who didnt already have a jersey and that was ever going to buy one would have bought one by now.

So from a financial point of view it makes sense to change, ride the wave of success and screw the fans for their every last dollar!

I think you'll find Penrith kept their last jersey four four years.

I also think you'll find fans were not upset to pay $160 for their latest jersey. Its one of the best jerseys you will find....even the sponsors logo fit in well.

DIEHARD

----
The AFL jerseys may have no sleeves, but I fail to see how that amounts to a difference of $70 plus.

yakstorm

First Grade
SANYO fits in well, though NTG could of fitted in better than being a white box. That said at least when you see the Penrith's new one you can tell its Penrith.

Panthers also changed clothing suppliers, so when that happens its almost part and parcel that one of the jersey's are going to change. These suppliers generally invest a lot into the clubs and expect that they can add in their own little bit of 'uniqueness' to the club to help both promote their brand and I spose try and put their mark on the club's history.

Atm the following clubs wont be changing any of their jerseys or have given the indication to the NRL they have no plans of changing.
- NZ
- Penrith
- Souths
- Sydney
- Penrith
- Wests Tigers
- Parramatta
- Canberra
- St George-Illawarra

So thats 9 from 15
- Melbourne as stated before are changing their collars and away jersey
- Newcastle are changing their home jersey at least, maybe both
- Cronulla are rumoured to be changing their away
- Manly maybe changing their away jersey
- Cowboys not sure whats happening...........
- Bulldogs not sure either.....

DIEHARD

----
You should know better than to refer to the Roosters as 'Sydney' yakstorm! :x

Newcastle are due for a new jersey. Besides they need to sell jerseys to keep the doors open.

macavity

Referee
no, we hate it, hence we want it gone...

be warned peoples, every time the Knights have changed their home strip, they have won the premiership that year..

2005 YEAR OF THE KNIGHTS!!