What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Jerseys, Logos, Mock Ups, Photos ANYTHING

yakstorm

First Grade
When were the Chargers ever sponsored by Westfield? I only remember Chandlers and Home Hardware.

They never took the field with Westfield. The kit was creates prior to the 1997 season and was used in a few promotional shots, but looks like the deal fell through.

blue bags

First Grade
^^^^^^^^

I did a super rough mock-up a while ago of a a beardy, trident thing for the Titans
20604170_1396594773727659_4874086605107443039_n.jpg

Obviously it is a bit shit, but i think these are good elements to start with for a new logo
gold coast kings ?

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
titans were Colosseum warriors, they wore armour, in battle

Well thats just not true

The helmet is clearly a reference to the Spartan-Greeks, not the Romans.

What a Spartan helmet has to do with a “Titan” i don't know beyond both being from a similar place and time...

Last edited:

The Great Dane

First Grade
Well thats just not try.

The helmet is clearly a reference to the Spartan-Greeks, not the Romans.

What a Spartan helmet has to do with a “Titan” i don't know beyond both being from a similar place and time...

The Helmet is a type of Hoplite helmet.

Hoplite were a type of Greek solider, normally they fought with spear and shield. Because of the 300 Spartan Hoplite are the most famous these days, but all of the Greek states had Hoplite (or their version of them).

Aside from both of them being Greek and the Titans being part of their religion, Hoplite don't have much to do with Titans.

The Great Dane

First Grade
Dont need to change the name. “Titan” is such a vague name, it could be used for any large thing (ship, whale, sea monster, god)

Better than Gold Coast Helmets

Titan isn't really a synonym for very big.

If you were to call someone or something a Titan it generally means that they are very important in their field of work, or that they are very successful at what they do.

For example the saying 'clash of the Titans' means a competition between the two best people/groups in their field, not a clash between the two largest people/groups in their field.

It's similar to calling somebody an immortal in RL.

BTW, if you were being dramatic and you wanted a mythological word for a giant whale, ship, or sea monster, you'd call them a leviathan.

Last edited:

The Great Dane

First Grade
Trident is a nice touch!!

Ditch the helmet, replace it with a beardy dude and you have a winner (basically a proper Poseidon reference)

Poseidon.jpg

I will never understand why they chose a helmet to represent a titan......

Since I'm talking about Greek mythology and history I may as well point out that Poseidon wasn't a Titan, he was an Olympian.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Titan isn't really a synonym for very big.

If you were to call someone or something a Titan it generally means that they are very important in their field of work, or that they are very successful at what they do.

For example the saying 'clash of the Titans' means a competition between the two best people/groups in their field, not a clash between the two largest people/groups in their field.

It's similar to calling somebody an immortal in RL.

BTW, if you were being dramatic and you wanted a mythological word for a giant whale, ship, or sea monster, you'd call them a leviathan.

Id argue that these are references to the metaphorical “big guys”. You could exchange “Giants” for “Titans” in most saying and it would be about the same thing.

Also, we do use Titan to mean big; Titanic, titanoboa, Titan (moon), etc.

I think everyone would generally agree that “titan” would metaphorically mean “biggest and most important”

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Since I'm talking about Greek mythology and history I may as well point out that Poseidon wasn't a Titan, he was an Olympian.

If you wanna get that picky, Oceanus would actually be a pretty good match

e9b1a4c3e8712b6338382545b33aa99a.jpg

Big blue water monster on a gold sunset/beach would be a pretty good logo

But given we are starting at “greek soldier”, i am not gonna be too picky for accuracy. Just give us something not shit!!!

kdalymc

Bench
People going on about whether titans had helmets, Vikings had horns... We have a team called the dragons, they aren't even real..

Btw when you google "titan" and f**king moon comes up. Maybe should have went with a space theme, would bring the kids back

Saint Doc

Coach
It always seemed to me that to obvious soft reboot for the titans jumper was to slightly shift their blue towards green

92561271_2831506793569776_1435833779238207488_n.jpg

-The teal is totally unique in the NRL, so they could centre their brand entirely around this colour (re: Raiders - Lime Green)
- It is super close to their current strip, so accusations of "they kills ANOTHER gc team"
- It has a bit of a call-back to the Gladiators design without being overtly retro
- They could keep it simple or go crazy with the design and it would still clearly be "the Titans"

Trident is a nice touch!!

Ditch the helmet, replace it with a beardy dude and you have a winner (basically a proper Poseidon reference)

Poseidon.jpg

I will never understand why they chose a helmet to represent a titan......

geeze you can set your watch to this nonsense. Talk about a broken record.

That teal and yellow makes me want to vomit.
And as to the obsession with ditching the helmet and going on about mythology like some kind of world expert...just google image “titans logo”. Almost every single titans team in the world uses the same imagery...helmet and knives.

I would tidy up the titans logo...it’s too busy, and the font is a bit clip-art. Sharper lines, less detail. But I would not be changing club colours or the entire branding. The two shades of blue + yellow + white is a great combo for a beachside club, just needs better execution.

D6DB92F2-9FEF-4396-9815-30594AEA9444.jpeg

The Great Dane

First Grade
If you wanna get that picky, Oceanus would actually be a pretty good match

e9b1a4c3e8712b6338382545b33aa99a.jpg

Big blue water monster on a gold sunset/beach would be a pretty good logo

But given we are starting at “greek soldier”, i am not gonna be too picky for accuracy. Just give us something not shit!!!
I wasn't making a comment on the GC's branding, I was simply pointing out that in the Greek myths Poseidon wasn't a Titan.

I don't really care if the GC want to use the imagine of Poseidon in their branding, if anything I think it'd make their brand more unique and interesting if they did.

The Great Dane

First Grade
People going on about whether titans had helmets, Vikings had horns... We have a team called the dragons, they aren't even real..
The Dragons motif makes sense within the context of the St. George Dragons brand though.

In the context of a brand named for Titans the GC Titans imagery doesn't make any sense. They're called the Titans but have an image of a Hoplite, two things that are only very vaguely connected.

It'd be like if a team was called the tigers but used a lion as their mascot and logo. Not only would that be random and not make sense, but I think most people would say that it's pretty stupid and should be changed.

BTW, the Titans weren't real either lol.

unforgiven

Bench

Btw when you google "titan" and f**king moon comes up. Maybe should have went with a space theme, would bring the kids back
pfft I believe in Dragons!

The Great Dane

First Grade

And as to the obsession with ditching the helmet and going on about mythology like some kind of world expert...just google image “titans logo”. Almost every single titans team in the world uses the same imagery...helmet and knives.

I would tidy up the titans logo...it’s too busy, and the font is a bit clip-art. Sharper lines, less detail. But I would not be changing club colours or the entire branding. The two shades of blue + yellow + white is a great combo for a beachside club, just needs better execution.

View attachment 37485

One of the main things that makes a successful brand is to be unique and memorable, if you copy somebody else (or in this case everybody else) all you are going to achieve is reminding your potential customers of the companies that did it originally, and probably do it better you.

If you line up fifty Titans brands and the only one that doesn't have a Hoplite or swords in the imagery is yours, then at least your brand will stand out from the pack and be memorable simply because it's different.

Same goes for colours, if you are the only team in the league with teal as your as your main colour surrounded by a seas of blue, yellow, and white teams, then you'll instantly stand out and be memorable.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade

View attachment 37485

I think Saint Doc has a crush ;)

But, yeh. What Great Dane said^^^^^^^

Latest posts