What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Jerseys, Logos, Mock Ups, Photos ANYTHING

yakstorm

First Grade

Never understood why Great Britain never stuck with this template after first using the Red and Blue Vee in the 30s. It is so instantly recognisable as being both League and Great Britain.

The other kits they rolled out in the late 80s / early 90s really detracted from the brand in my opinion.

images

images

images

images

images

England
images

images

For some reason I've always like this GB jersey (don't ask me why)
73381e51-mcdermott-edit.jpg

I think this also looks great, with the touch of green on it... just missing the Lions logo, and it would be perfect.

kdalymc

Bench
80s / early 90s really detracted from the brand in my opinion.
haha yep, theyre are definitely the only "national" side that went all over the shop with jerseys...

should have just let it die when they killed the concept a few years ago...
they couldnt even say if they included Ireland or not.

The union side, which is a special thing, are the British Irish Lions, and never lose..
The league team doesnt know who they are or when theyre playing, and get smashed cos theyre just england with a blue Vee....

Perth Red

Post Whore
That gold colour looks a little too green.

something akin to the 49ers old gold would be nice. I like the logo though, much less busy than the current one. I actually used this many years ago in some supporters club mock ups, good to see it resurrected :)

E1A743A8-CEBA-4E87-BDDD-15885B7ED1B8.jpeg

PARRA_FAN

Coach
I was always a fan of that late 80s GB jersey and also the 2001 one.

That 1999 look almost like the Roosters away jumper.

I have seen footage of them wearing that red one, I think it was against France.

It's one thing NRL needs to do more of and get leaders, celebs, etc wearing their footy gear and talking up their love of the game.

I'm no ScoMo fan but at least he has his Sharks gear, goes to games and doesn't seem to have jumped on AGL bandwagon. Sure...as PM, wear national jerseys etc when Kangaroos Wallabies Socceroos Matildas Opals etc play.

yep agreed.

someone in here mentioned street wear for NRL a while ago, got unsurprisingly knocked down by a few... but I’m all for it.

Most of the gear has sponsors slapped all over it, no doubt part of the deals they agree with sponsors. But they can look like something from nascar.. and not that cool.

An example..

I Bought a retro dragons hoodie from Mick Simmons a while ago. Red, simple “Dragons” text of the front, with the St George Emblem on the back.

Moved to Adelaide last year and my partners’ 15 y/o daughter basically claimed it, wanted me to buy her one but they aren’t around anymore so I gave it to her. Wears it everywhere and her friends want one too. I’ve also got a dragons jacket that has sponsors but she doesn’t like that one.

She loves it because it’s simple, unique, loves the logo design and not “afl” which is everywhere. She doesn’t follow the sport but wants me to buy her anything else in a dragons range like that. And her friends have put in their requests too.

YoHadrian

Juniors
Well I saw an Eels NRL fishing shirt today for the first time.

Butt ugly is the nicest thing you could say about the range. I'm posting the Eels one but the rest are just as bad if not worse. I seriously thought it was some sort of knock off & couldn't believe that it's actually official merchandise.

upload_2020-4-23_15-21-26.png