What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Jerseys, Logos, Mock Ups, Photos ANYTHING

65AEE2A1-FDA6-44B9-9BA0-6C6DB16134B1.thumb.jpeg.c2b05a1c3aa19c478d91be13ee5dcd7e.jpeg

Salford Reds S.L.

boatboy1269

Juniors
Given the stature that their brand has in rugby league and Australian sport, it is staggering that the Broncos have had some of the most uninspired jerseys in the NRL for the last 15-20 years.

Excluding their last Nike jersey (2015/16) and first ISC jersey (17/18) (which were both actually really nice), the Broncos designs have generally lacked any identity, tradition or imagination.

While 2019's hoops design isn't necessarily bad, it just doesn't look like a Broncos jersey.

Here's my attempt at modernising a 90's classic, a design I wish the Broncos would stick with permanently.

Thoughts?

Attachments

• Broncos Jersey.jpg
    Broncos Jersey.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 53

Saint Doc

Coach
To be honest I reckon saints, Souths, easts etc hate the fact that their fans would burn the stadium down if their primary jersey changed. They no doubt feel hamstrung by it and envy the clubs who change every year or two.

A club like the Broncos know they can move away from their core design, get a spike in sales from the people who need to have the latest design, then return to the old design in a few years time or as a heritage to cash in on the traditionalists.

The warriors will change again next year, as will the titans.

boatboy1269

Juniors
Understandable.

I wonder if a model more so like the NBA would work.

Teams rarely change their home and away jerseys, but every year have two different alternate jerseys which they occasionally wear. This is where teams could move away from their core designs and experiment with their colours. Sometimes they'll be a big hit and other times they'll be hated, regardless they're usually gone after a year without doing any damage to a teams identity.

Rooster8

Juniors
As the 2019 jerseys start to be unveiled, you get a sense of who you'd like to see in the Grand Final, jersey wise. After the Titans mercurial jersey unveil, i'm sure there are many people who wouldn't want them to lift the Trophy for their maiden premiership wearing a very confusing sense of identity.

As for past Grand Finals, we've been pretty lucky that all our premiers have had their traditional jerseys, or a solid club identify. If i had to choose the worse NRL premiers jersey of the last 20 years, it would probably be the 2006 Broncos white and navy away jersey. I know Brisbane had no say in what jersey they could wear, but depicting the Broncos brand, it was hard to tell who they were if you were an occasional NRL supporter.

Although, the remaining Premiers have had great identifying jerseys. Some of the best have been Roosters 2013/2018, Rabbitohs 2014, Knights 1997, 2001, Panthers 2003 and Bulldogs 2004.

Let's hope for jersey sake that the 2019 Grand Final isn't between Gold Coast Titans wearing their home jersey, and the Parramatta eels wearing their away jersey.

Saint Doc

Coach
As the 2019 jerseys start to be unveiled, you get a sense of who you'd like to see in the Grand Final, jersey wise. After the Titans mercurial jersey unveil, i'm sure there are many people who wouldn't want them to lift the Trophy for their maiden premiership wearing a very confusing sense of identity.

As for past Grand Finals, we've been pretty lucky that all our premiers have had their traditional jerseys, or a solid club identify. If i had to choose the worse NRL premiers jersey of the last 20 years, it would probably be the 2006 Broncos white and navy away jersey. I know Brisbane had no say in what jersey they could wear, but depicting the Broncos brand, it was hard to tell who they were if you were an occasional NRL supporter.

Although, the remaining Premiers have had great identifying jerseys. Some of the best have been Roosters 2013/2018, Rabbitohs 2014, Knights 1997, 2001, Panthers 2003 and Bulldogs 2004.

Let's hope for jersey sake that the 2019 Grand Final isn't between Gold Coast Titans wearing their home jersey, and the Parramatta eels wearing their away jersey.

St.George in 2010 was pretty iconic. Not sure how you could have wiped that one from your memory. Shall I refresh you? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Jason-Nightingale-celebra-006.jpg

Also I wouldn’t keep yourself up at night worrying about a Titans vs Eels grand final

Nuke

Staff member
While ESL clubs have always had odd-coloured and designed alternate kits compared to their main kits, however prior to about a month ago I'd never noticed that their club logos also change colour to go with the alternate kits. This Warrington kit and I think it was St.Helens a few weeks ago are the two that I've now seen do this.

I don't particularly like the fact that ESL clubs have an alternate kits that in no way resembles the club it's meant to represent, however it's something I (we?) are used to, so I can tolerate that, however the changing of the club's logo to match the random colours of the alternate jersey I'm not a fan of. The club logo should remain the correct colours in my opinion.

While ESL clubs have always had odd-coloured and designed alternate kits compared to their main kits, however prior to about a month ago I'd never noticed that their club logos also change colour to go with the alternate kits. This Warrington kit and I think it was St.Helens a few weeks ago are the two that I've now seen do this.

I don't particularly like the fact that ESL clubs have an alternate kits that in no way resembles the club it's meant to represent, however it's something I (we?) are used to, so I can tolerate that, however the changing of the club's logo to match the random colours of the alternate jersey I'm not a fan of. The club logo should remain the correct colours in my opinion.

I'm not a fan of the monochrome badges that a lot of UK clubs are doing these days, think it dilutes the club brand by just blending into the design of the jersey and the numerous sponsors that jerseys are covered with these days.

TDD91

Juniors
I'd say the alternate kits being in unusual colours is largely down to a lot of teams sharing colours, so there's a higher number of clashes, just in Super League for example only Huddersfield & Castleford have kit colours that are unique, but both clash with reds. At least Wigan have kind of created a 'tradition' of having an alternate kit that is either blue or black.

kdalymc

Bench
I'd say the alternate kits being in unusual colours is largely down to a lot of teams sharing colours, so there's a higher number of clashes, just in Super League for example only Huddersfield & Castleford have kit colours that are unique, but both clash with reds. At least Wigan have kind of created a 'tradition' of having an alternate kit that is either blue or black.
yeah its pretty gross- every team in the ESL is red, and every team in the NRL is blue