What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jets 2023

Don Tweddle

Juniors
This week’s Tuesday Team List is brought to you by Philter.

Newtown Jets coach George Ndaira has named his team for the KOE NSW Cup Round 17 clash versus Parramatta being played at Henson Park, Saturday 24th June, 3pm kick-off.

Many thanks to our Player Sponsors listed in brackets.

1 Connor Tracey (Glen Archibald & Kris Gale)

2 Josh Mansour (Golden Barley Hotel)

3 Mawene Hiroti (Belle Property Newtown)

4 Kayal Iro (Anytime Fitness Newtown)

5 Samuel Stonestreet (Golden Barley Hotel)

6 Braydon Trindall (Jeffrey Gabriel & Karl Cope)

7 Niwhai Puru (David Nelson & John Webber)

8 Rhys Dakin (Steve Helmich & Brasco)

9 Jayden Berrell (John Cahill & Jennifer Malone)

10 Jesse Colquhoun (Deicorp)

11 Jordin Leiu (Nifty Foods)

12 Charbel Tasipale (Loudon & Vaughan Private Wealth

13 Billy Magoulias (C) (Black Sheep)

Interchange:

15 Kyle Pickering (Adam & Linda Whyte)

17 Caleb Uele (Ray Buckland)

18 Sam Healey (Label Plus & Ferrier Silvia)

19 Brad Fearnley (Shire Mates)

21 Tuku Hau Tapuha (Brett Scelly)

26 Thomas Rodwell (Good Fellows Sports & Sox)

R-15-3

Bench
Could be wrong but the past byes we have had Tricky has been left out of the jets and given the week off with firsts. Not this week.

R-15-3

Bench
Y
So what do you think is the strategy?

Keep him fit for NRL?
Yea I’d say they are finally giving him lots of game time in the half’s.
Hasn’t been 18th man for a bit either. About f**king time, imo they have f**ked his development the past few years with very little football.
Id love to see how many 80 min games in the half’s he has had since 2020. Be very very few.

Tiger Shark

Bench
Could be wrong but the past byes we have had Tricky has been left out of the jets and given the week off with firsts. Not this week.
Well with Hynes out of origin I am assuming there was some precaution around keeping him injury free.

Guess that’s not as big of a concern and maybe now it’s about getting him game time and pushing to partner Nicho in first grade?

Well with Hynes out of origin I am assuming there was some precaution around keeping him injury free.

Guess that’s not as big of a concern and maybe now it’s about getting him game time and pushing to partner Nicho in first grade?
Last week Bennett had Felise Kaufisi play QLD cup to keep him fit.

bluefox68

Staff member
Have we seen the Perth Jets article in today’s paper - Courier-Mail (QLD Telegraph)?

WA expansion bid to partner with Newtown Jets…?!?

shadowboxer

First Grade
Have we seen the Perth Jets article in today’s paper - Courier-Mail (QLD Telegraph)?

What could go wrong..
Seriously, I’m all for it. Biased due to my time in and out of WA. Not sure what the contingent over there think though or how it will work.

Frenzy.

Post Whore

I would be OK with that to be honest

Give the Sharks a chance to field a dedicated Sharks team in the KOE NSW Cup. Sometimes I feel that being a combined team with Jets and Sharks contracted players creates dead space our kids can't move into. That can create arrested development

DJDL

First Grade
Thought Stonestreet was terrific yesterday, he's really improved significantly since he first came into NSW Cup. High involvement rate & always gets post-contact metres. A good prospect for sure.

I haven’t seen a lot of him, but I like what I have.
I love his intensity.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Thought Stonestreet was terrific yesterday, he's really improved significantly since he first came into NSW Cup. High involvement rate & always gets post-contact metres. A good prospect for sure.

Didn't see yesterday's game. How did Jordin Leiu go? Been watching him. His stats for the game are odd. 99 metres for 14 rpm but only 3 tackles in his 28 minutes

Don Tweddle

Juniors
Didn't see yesterday's game. How did Jordin Leiu go? Been watching him. His stats for the game are odd. 99 metres for 14 rpm but only 3 tackles in his 28 minutes

I've seen him have better games, but he looked good in attack. He's quite athletic and a bit Nikora-like in the lines he runs. He's not really a workhorse type player but 3 tackles is a bit alarming.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
I've seen him have better games, but he looked good in attack. He's quite athletic and a bit Nikora-like in the lines he runs. He's not really a workhorse type player but 3 tackles is a bit alarming.
Reminds me of the game the Sharks played where, I think it was BHU, made only 6 tackles by 1/2 time (9 for the game) but ran a 159 metres in 44 mins.

Tiger Shark

Bench
He's a great prospect

Curious if he's good enough to finally give Ronnie a legit crack at centre. Otherwise Katoa and Ronnie aren't going anywhere.

I know Stonestreet has played a few games at centre when Iro has been out

Frenzy.

Post Whore
He's a great prospect

Curious if he's good enough to finally give Ronnie a legit crack at centre. Otherwise Katoa and Ronnie aren't going anywhere.

I know Stonestreet has played a few games at centre when Iro has been out
If that does happen we may have Ramien and Ronnie in the centres. We'd better hire a passing coach.