What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jim Beam Cup 2007 season

2BLUES

Juniors
Nfed said:
Premier League is still on next year. Sydney Bulls will be playing instead of the Bulldogs, probably Mounties instead of Parramatta and maybe Windsor for Penrith.

You serious?

So what happens to the JBC status next year if these teams do play PL. I dont see the point seeing that PL is going under soon. Also hearing that WA will enter the JBC comp next year. JBC is supposed to be getting bigger & better.

I agree with Jet fan... JBC can take on some of those PL teams easily........
Remember alot of talented contracted JBC players refuse to play for PL because they dont get paid enough or sh*t all.

Nfed

Juniors
2BLUES said:
You serious?

So what happens to the JBC status next year if these teams do play PL. I dont see the point seeing that PL is going under soon. Also hearing that WA will enter the JBC comp next year. JBC is supposed to be getting bigger & better.

I agree with Jet fan... JBC can take on some of those PL teams easily........
Remember alot of talented contracted JBC players refuse to play for PL because they dont get paid enough or sh*t all.

The Bulls will still have a side in JBC, their Premier League team will have 10 full time players with NRL contracts. Similarly if Mounties are the JV club with Parramatta they will have about 10 full time players. So those clubs will still field strong teams in JBC.

There was talk that St George were going to place full time players with Shellharbour in P/L but I since heard that are reversing that position and will continue to field a team.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Nfed said:
Premier League is still on next year. Sydney Bulls will be playing instead of the Bulldogs, probably Mounties instead of Parramatta and maybe Windsor for Penrith.

that's not a foregone conclusion just yet, I believe wenty are still in the frame. ;-)

Stagger eel

Staff member
There hasn't been anything concrete decided as yet but as Nfed has said there will still be a PL comp consisting off sides affiliated with NRL clubs and they will field teams in the team in the competition, this comp as far as i know is yet to have a name.

The JBC will, as far as I'm aware...still remain in it's format.

This is how I believe it may look like.

Belrose = Manly
Mountis or Wenty = Parra
Shellharbour = St george
Sydney Bulls = Canterbury
North Sydney = Souths Sydney
Newtown = Roosters
St Marys or Windsor = Penrith
Newcastle West or any of the Central Coasts sides = Newcastle
Belconnen = Canberra
Balmain-Ryde = West Tigers
Miranda or Carringbah = Cronulla

I could be way off the mark but that's how i see it going.

girvie

Staff member
eelavation said:
There hasn't been anything concrete decided as yet but as Nfed has said there will still be a PL comp consisting off sides affiliated with NRL clubs and they will field teams in the team in the competition, this comp as far as i know is yet to have a name.

The JBC will, as far as I'm aware...still remain in it's format.

This is how I believe it may look like.

Belrose = Manly
Mountis or Wenty = Parra
Shellharbour = St george
Sydney Bulls = Canterbury
North Sydney = Souths Sydney
Newtown = Roosters
St Marys or Windsor = Penrith
Newcastle West or any of the Central Coasts sides = Newcastle
Belconnen = Canberra
Balmain-Ryde = West Tigers
Miranda or Carringbah = Cronulla

I could be way off the mark but that's how i see it going.

I think it is likely that Manly and Cronulla will remain without a feeder, and Newcastle may as well. Canberra are linking with Souths Logan in the QLD Cup.

Stagger eel

Staff member
girvie said:
I think it is likely that Manly and Cronulla will remain without a feeder, and Newcastle may as well. Canberra are linking with Souths Logan in the QLD Cup.

how so??? where will their overage fringe players play??

2BLUES

Juniors
So can someone confirm whether PL will be scrapped in future or have they changed their minds again and decided to continue. Or what really was the real deal?

girvie

Staff member
2BLUES said:
So can someone confirm whether PL will be scrapped in future or have they changed their minds again and decided to continue. Or what really was the real deal?
Premier League will continue but probably under a different name.

Nfed

Juniors
Horo rushes Wooden back into cup team
17May07
CENTRAL Coast representative captain Grant Wooden has been recalled to the Erina Jim Beam Cup side for the clash against Chester Hill at Erina Oval on Sunday.

Wooden spent the past two weeks playing in first division as he shrugged off an ankle injury but coach Mark Horo wants the powerful front-rower in his starting side.
``Grant was outstanding in first division and made something like 40 hit-ups in the win over Woy Woy,'' Horo said.
``He showed he's over that injury and I think he will relish starting on Sunday.''
Wooden said he was happy to play wherever it suited the club. He said he enjoyed his stint in first division although he was targeted by opposition sides.
``I made 42 hit-ups and copped 42 high tackles,'' Wooden said.
``I was going to play Jim Beam Cup last week but volunteered to play first division as we were having trouble fitting players in under the points system.''
Wooden is one of five changes to the Jim Beam Cup side to play Chester Hill after the Eagles' 32-18 loss to Sydney Bulls on Sunday.
Ryan Tubridy was dropped from the Jim Beam Cup side for last week but returns to the fullback spot after starring for the first division side.
The Eagles will field a new set of wingers with Matt Brinckley and Piripi Ranga returning from injury. Zac Collett will play hooker while regular number nine Matt Hunt reverts to lock.
Erina has recorded just one win and two draws from eight games but Horo was not about to give up the semi-finals race.
``We're not panicking but we're close,'' Horo said.
Meanwhile The Entrance can consolidate its place in the Jim Beam Cup top three with a win over Cabramatta at Bateau Bay Oval. Both matches kick off at 2.45pm on Sunday.

source: Central Coast Express Advocate

jets fan

Juniors
lets hope chester hill continue that strong defence that they showed against belrose they really roughed them up

Nfed

Juniors
Sydney Bulls 24 (N Ford 2, W Naiqama, T Bushby, T Mansour tries, Bushby 2 goals) beat Shellharbour 0.

Not a great game but the defence would have pleased the officials of both clubs. The Bulls rested Debartolo and Smith while Wynn was elevated to Premier League. Saleh was a casualty late in the game.

The ground was in superb condition and featured a schoolboys carnival from 9 am. the Bulldogs beat the Sharks in Flegg in the main support game.

Nfed

Juniors
Sunday 20 May

The Entrance vs Cabramatta at Edsacc
Erina vs Chester Hill at Erina
Belrose vs Mounties at Lionel Watts
Wenty vs Windsor at Ringrose
Asquith vs Seven Hills at Storey Park

Cabra go into the TV game without forwards Teupa, Weaver, Alifaologo and Takchi. They have adapted by moving big wingers Dave Moore and Matt Gruzka into the second row.

Jonelle

Juniors
Cabra played The Entrance today beating them in a close tough match which would be great to watch on tv.

With injuries left right and centre, it has been a Challenge for Cabra. They have proven themselves as a TEAM seeing that they were majorly down in fowards using players in various positions they wouldnt normally play and succeeding.

Francis Betham scored 2x tries, Dave Moore 1x and Goals by Tippett.

Penalty kick awarded to Cabra in the last half when the score was 18 all. Adam Tippett had a successful conversion resulting in a win for Cabra 20-18.

Well Done Cabra! Keep it up wooop woop! :D

Nfed

Juniors
Wenty 54 (S Gwynne 2, A Frost 2, B Sargent, M Woodlands, B Bailey, A Capovilla, M Luland tries, S Mowbray 9 goals) beat Windsor 16 (L Bannon 2, R Tremonte tries, J Baira, J Willoughby goals).

This was a must win game for Wenty and they came out and blew Windsor off the park. They led 12-0 after 12 minutes and then consolidated their position by keeping out some useful counter attack from the Wolves. Wenty led 18-4 at the break.

Back to back tries in the first 5 minutes after oranges put the result beyond doubt at 30-4. Some more length of the field tries saw the score blow out further. Wenty got on top of the big Windsor forwards and totally outplayed them in the backs while Mowbray produced perfect stats in the goalkicking department.

This win plus Cabras means that Windsor, THe Entrance, Bulls and Cabra have only 2 points separating them.

Nfed

Juniors
The trifecta for teams 5-7 over the top 3 was completed when Mounties flogged Belrose 52-24. Erina beat Chester Hill 38-16 and Asquith beat Seven Hills 48-22.

The table now is:

14 Windsor (+87), Belrose (+67)
13 The Entrance (+138), Bulls (+66)
12 Cabramatta
10 Mounties
8 Wenty
6 Erina (-28), Chester Hill (-130), Shellharbour (-174)
4 Asquith
2 Seven Hills

2BLUES

Juniors
Does anybody know when the JBC NSW Representative side will be chosen and where is the comp this year?

Nfed

Juniors
I believe the quad series is in Tamworth in July. NZ are not coming and Western Australia will play instead. No idea when JBC side will be selected.

Nfed

Juniors
Belrose vs Mounties

The high flying Eagles had their wings clipped by competition newcomers, the Mounties, who trounced them 52-24 in a nine tries to four rout at Lionel Watts yesterday.

The Mounties scored after just 2 minutes and, apart from a brief period where the Eagles hit back with a converted try put together by Hilton, Lammana and finished by Hollingsworth to lead 6-4, were never threatened. The Mounties spread the ball across the park at every opportunity and captilised on every scoring chance. The Eagles were in the contest until the 30 minute mark but tries either side of the break gave the Mounties their winning edge.

Tries later in the game to Tim Mortimer, Matt Forrest, Michael Lammana added some respectability to the scoreline but the Eagles were well and truly beaten by the better team on the day.

Best for Belrose were debutant Michael Lammana, Peter Delaivuna and the hardworking James Mortimer.

Congratulations to Jay Cunningham on making his JBC debut at just 18 years of age. A star in the making.

With the first loss of the year out of the way, the Eagles can now concentrate on consolidating their place in the top five. Depth, patience and persistence will all get tested during this long season. Although disappointed with the loss, coach Peter Camroux must be happy with the performance of the players who came into the side during the week. This adds valuable experience to the squad.

Mounties 51 (9t 8g) d Belrose 24 (Hollingsworth, Mortimer, Joseph, Forrest, Lammana tries Pangai 2 goals)

Source: Belrose website

Latest posts