What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jim Beam Cup 2007 season

Nfed

Juniors
Trials:

10 Feb Cabra vs Parra P/L at Cabra, Wenty vs Belrose at Wenty, The Entrance vs Balmain Ryde P/L
17 Feb Windsor vs Penrith Flegg at Windsor
24/25 Feb Wenty vs Nelson Bay at Tomaree, Windsor vs Erina at Windsor, Sydney Bulls vs Chester Hill at Bankstown, Mounties vs Berkeley Sports at Berkeley, Shellharbour vs Penrith Flegg at Shellharbour, Asquith vs Norths Flegg at T G Milner, Cabra vs Central Charlestown at Cabra
3/4 March Sydney Bulls vs Windsor at Windsor, Shellharbour vs Souths Flegg at Telstra, Asquith vs Wests P/L at Milner, Seven Hills vs Doonside at Fairfax Stadium, Cabra vs Chester Hill at Cabra
10/11 March Wenty vs Windsor at Windsor, Seven Hills vs Kurri Kurri at Kurri, Mounties vs Cessnock at Cessnock, Cabra vs Chester Hill at Cabra

Nfed

Juniors
Sydney Bulls finished 3rd at the Orara 7's last week, repeating their position in the initial tournament in 2005. Windsor were losing quarter finalists.

Sharlon Taki, who is trialing with the Bulls scored several tries. Taki played in the Australian Maori team that beat the Newcastle Divisional side last October.

Two former Bull's wingers, Eparama Navale and Jone Kagi will be on ABC 2 tomorrow when they telecast the quarters, semis and final of the recent NT Rugby 7's held in Darwin. They were playing for the second Fiji team, FORE, who play Waisele Serevi's South Sea Islanders side in the semi. These guys are wingers but as big as props.

chester

Juniors
Regarding trials I believe Seven Hills are also playing against last years Penrith A grade winners Doonside.

Spike

First Grade

A few signings for Shellharbour Marlins

Former Great Britain and Wales representative Karle Hammond as agreed to turn out for Shellharbour this year. Not too sure whether it'll be for the Marlins or the Sharks but you'd think it would be for the Marlins. Don't know how that'll effect their points system but he would take up a fair bit.

Ian Catania - Fullback who played for the Dragons JF team in 2006

James Keelan - Backrower who played for the Dragons JF for past few years.

Luke Gilmore - Forward from the Kiama Knights

Simon Rushby - Backrower from Young in Group 9. Represented Riverina Under 21's.

Mark Mooney - Forward former Balmain SG Ball player

Nfed

Juniors
Karle Hammond is a 5/8. Has played for Widnes, St Helens, London Broncos, Salford and Halifax. Dont know what he has been doing for the last few years. He is 33.

Jamie Goddard played JB for Erina only a couple years after he played State of Origin. Erina got fined twice that season for being over the points cap.

Rise_Above13

Juniors
Spike said:
Grant Wooden has gone to Easts Tigers in the Qld cup
Matt Lamb and Travis Robinson are headed for Chester Hill

grant wooden has been trainin with us at erina for the past 2 months

Spike

First Grade
Rise_Above13 said:
grant wooden has been trainin with us at erina for the past 2 months

He was training with Easts Tigers however he is signed to Erina until the end of the year. Think he was trying to get a release but didn't get one and was forced to return to Erina.

Nfed

Juniors
Interesting story in the Sun Herald yesterday - Ray Dib, Chairman of the Sydney Bulls, is seeking election to the board of the Football Club at Canterbury. The article says that while Dib has been able to find sponsors totalling $200,000 for the Bulldogs over the last 3 years, the marketing guys have been unable to secure sleve and shorts sponsors for 2007.

The Sunday Telegraph said that the Roosters have been training Willie Brown hard over summer. He is down to 110kgs compared to 130 a couple of years ago. He was very big in 2005 when playing for Wenty - had had to wear No 25 every week cause he couldnt fit in any other jersey.

Nfed

Juniors
Joe Swamy from Asquith to Chester Hill. That makes 6 clubs in 4 years - Wests, Ourimbah, Cabra, Norths, Asquith and Chester Hill.

Nfed

Juniors
Some more player movements listed in RLR:

Dean Loder (Belrose) , Nathan Barry (Bulldogs) and Clayton Sellings (Dapto) have gone to Chester Hill. Rhian Gerard from Asquith to Seven Hills and Mounties have picked 3 more - Trent Horsey (Windsor), Inoke Amone (Narrellan) and Adam Bennett (Newtown).

It confirms that Great Britain international Karle Hammond will be playing with Shellharbour, who I estimate will be able to fit in 2 St George P/L players each week even if Hammond and ex Illawarra 1st grader, Brendan Tungate are in the team. If these guys are rotated, the Marlins could include 6 St George players.

Similarly, while Seven Hills are still recruiting, it looks like they are sticking mainly with last year's squad and will play all the excess players from the Parramatta P/L squad.

In what could be another blow to the Sydney Bulls, Nathan DeBartolo is considering an offer from Leigh Centurions in the UK.

Spike

First Grade
This year is going to be interesting to say the least. I'm expecting both Windsor and Sydney Bulls to struggle compared to previous years. Windsor have lost so many players to Mounties and the Bulls are losing keys players like Tippett, Jolley and now possibly DeBartlolo. I'm predicting Shellharbour to take the premiership in their first year.

Nfed

Juniors
Jolly is still with the Bulls. As of a few weeks ago the Bulldogs had not yet made offers to Charlie Farah and Fred Briggs. If they keep these guys they will still have the muscle to go with the flashy backs.

Cabra may have edged ahead as favourites but I would still have the Bulls up there and Wenty next. I agree that Windsor are looking very dicey but unlike last year where the finalists were virtually decided after 6 weeks, you might have 6 or 7 teams fighting for 2 spots.

Spike

First Grade
I might be thinking of Grech but I thought Jolly was headed to Cabramatta with Tippett?

Yeah Cabra will be strong and Wenty always manage to put a competitive side together.

This is my prediction of how they'll finish

1 Shellharbour
2 Cabramatta
3 Wenty
4 Mounties
5 Sydney
6 The Entrance
7 Erina
8 Asquith
9 Belrose
10 7 Hills
11 Chester Hill
12 Windsor

Spike

First Grade
Riddle would be a good pickup. Handy fullback/winger and a decent goalkicker.

Latest posts