What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jim Beam Cup 2007 season

The Wrong Eye

Juniors
I heard that Joesph Swamy was playing with Doonside in Penrith A Grade.
Also Windsor Jim Beam have the following players at there club Dave Watters and Adrian Priem from Doonside , Brad Clews and Chris Morson from Blacktown.
Seems they will need a few to replace all those players that have gone to Mounties or are they building up there A Grade team ?

Nfed

Juniors
4 reasonable players for Windsor there. They would definately be for JBC. Windsor will also have access to Penrith's excess players from P/L squad.

Spike

First Grade
I thought the affiliation between Penrith and Windsor wasn't taking affect until 2008????

Nfed

Juniors
RLR put forward a hypothetical that Penrith might vacate P/L in 2008 and place players with Windsor but currently players that are in the P/L squad but not picked in any week go back and play A Grade for St Marys or Brothers. In 2005 Grant Purdon and Ryan Rolfe would be scoring tries in P/L one week and playing for Windsor A Grade the next. At that stage Windsor had a strong JB team so these guys played A Grade but this year Windsor will want to put them in the top team.

Nfed

Juniors
Cabramatta beat Parramatta 26-6 in a trial at Cabramatta last night. I believe that Cabra have also added Luke Carr (Wenty) to their squad.

In the Parramatta team were Sam Aiga from Cabra, Nathan McKay, Lee Cameron and Brad Clark from Asquith and Lino Salafai from Windsor as well as Alf Betham from Penrith Brothers.

Nfed

Juniors
Some gains for Sydney Bulls - Darren Brown (Bulldogs), Ali Karouche (Aust Unis/Lebanon), Suli Koroibulileka (Manly/Fiji A), Troy Bushby (Moore Park) and Josh Dixon (Cronulla).

Some gains for Windsor - Drew Dalton (Parramatta), Anthony Dalton (Group 6), Sean Lawrie (Ballina), Joel Willioughby (Temora), Wiremu Weepu (Penrith) and Stepen Kim (Armidale)

Stagger eel

Staff member
Nfed said:
Cabramatta beat Parramatta 26-6 in a trial at Cabramatta last night. I believe that Cabra have also added Luke Carr (Wenty) to their squad.

In the Parramatta team were Sam Aiga from Cabra, Nathan McKay, Lee Cameron and Brad Clark from Asquith and Lino Salafai from Windsor as well as Alf Betham from Penrith Brothers.

Cabra will win the comp me thinks..

I was very impressed with both Aiga and Cameron but McKay is a monster and half.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Nfed said:
Some gains for Sydney Bulls - Darren Brown (Bulldogs), Ali Karouche (Aust Unis/Lebanon), Suli Koroibulileka (Manly/Fiji A), Troy Bushby (Moore Park) and Josh Dixon (Cronulla).

Some gains for Windsor - Drew Dalton (Parramatta), Anthony Dalton (Group 6), Sean Lawrie (Ballina), Joel Willioughby (Temora), Wiremu Weepu (Penrith) and Stepen Kim (Armidale)

that's an interesting signing considering Drewy is currently going to Wollongong Uni, he'll be travelling a bit.

chester

Juniors
A very good signing for Seven Hills I believe he had several clubs chasing him including Chester Hill,has a strong all round game and can goal kick, I still think Seven Hills will find it hard to get many wins.I have been told Peachey knocked back a offer to return to France and a new offer to play in England.

Stagger eel

Staff member
chester said:
A very good signing for Seven Hills I believe he had several clubs chasing him including Chester Hill,has a strong all round game and can goal kick, I still think Seven Hills will find it hard to get many wins.I have been told Peachey knocked back a offer to return to France and a new offer to play in England.

someone told me that our off shoots from Premier League are turning out for 7 Hills this year so players like Jimmy Storer, Simon Micallef, Tim Wynn and Blake Blackburn could be playing for them whil they're waiting to get a call up for premier league.

I'll have to try and get that confirmed.

one_eyed_demon

Juniors
eelavation said:
someone told me that our off shoots from Premier League are turning out for 7 Hills this year so players like Jimmy Storer, Simon Micallef, Tim Wynn and Blake Blackburn could be playing for them whil they're waiting to get a call up for premier league.

I'll have to try and get that confirmed.

Yes this is true, 7hills will continue its relationaship with parramatta as it did last year when players like jimmy and tim played for them if not selected in premier league that week.
in fact they have already had 3 or 4 "fringe" premier league & flegg players completing pre season training with 7hills one day a week since xmas.

Stagger eel

Staff member
one_eyed_demon said:
Yes this is true, 7hills will continue its relationaship with parramatta as it did last year when players like jimmy and tim played for them if not selected in premier league that week.
in fact they have already had 3 or 4 "fringe" premier league & flegg players completing pre season training with 7hills one day a week since xmas.

thanks mate.

I'm going to try and get to as many Demons games as i can but can you keep us posted on the progress of the that you have training, also do you have a list of the player roster at all?

Shadow Man

Juniors
Cabramatta also played Penrith on Sat night, Penrith came out winners 28-10. Very good game of Rugby League, Cabramattas foward pack are monsters!

Nfed

Juniors
Cabramatta A Grade played against Penrith Flegg. These are the players outside Jim Beam squad.

one_eyed_demon

Juniors
eelavation said:
thanks mate.

I'm going to try and get to as many Demons games as i can but can you keep us posted on the progress of the that you have training, also do you have a list of the player roster at all?
yeah i have all those details, probably cant give up too much info, Tim O'Brien would kill me, he likes to keep team stuff close to his chest. Thats why he is playing trials out of sydney, kurri and well originally a trial against a wollongong side but that fell through so we are now trialing doonside instead.
they have resigned approx 10 players from last years A grade squad, out of that probably only 5 or 6 are expected to play jim beam. The rest of the squad are all new to the club, players from premier league, beam and flegg from clubs such as balmain, parramatta, newtown, cabbramatta, asquith plus the 3 or 4 premier league players parramatta send down.
the squads been training well, looking at what they have got they should be reasonably competitive.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Nfed said:

hey Mate, what do you know about this bloke other than where he came from? he was quite solid on saturday and is chosen to play in our firstgrade tiral against the sharks on the weekend.

Latest posts