What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jnr League brawl - Hadley calling for Cabra to be banned

Gronk

Staff member
Source: 2GB

Hadley just gave a Eels Jnr League official a spray about an all in brawl and think violence against the referee.

The game was U17's Wenty vs Cabra.

Hadley accused the Cabra club being serial offenders and even the Parra official confirmed that the players at the club had a culture of being above the game and it's officials.

Last edited:

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
just heard about this - there is NO EXCUSE for violence against match officials. EVER.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Anyone involved in violence towards an official should be wiped out, never to play the game again. Thats disgraceful if true.

Stagger eel

Staff member
yep, absolutely no excuse for violence against match officials and hope that the perpertraiters (sp) are rubbed out for the game for good..

is there a link to this story, I'd like to read more about it and I'm also wondering what action Terry Rose will take..

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Although if they are U14 it would be pretty harsh to ban them for good. They are only kids, although half of them are probably bigger than me. But there has to be a lesson learnt somewhere. I suppose a push isn't as bad as punches etc, but still not good.

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
There's a case of a player in down south somewhere, can't remember his name, who has only just returned to RL after serving his suspension from Junior Footy for physically abusing a Match Official.
The suspension was quite a few years, probably wiped out most of this guys 'prime' - i would say he learnt his lesson, and acted as a deterrant for the others around him.

Wiped out for life could be harsh, but it should certainly be on par with drug cheating suspensions etc..

Stagger eel

Staff member
Although if they are U14 it would be pretty harsh to ban them for good. They are only kids, although half of them are probably bigger than me. But there has to be a lesson learnt somewhere. I suppose a push isn't as bad as punches etc, but still not good.

we're taking about 2 seperate incidents here?..yeah look a shove by a 14 year old should see him sit out the season at the very least.

Gronk

Staff member
we're taking about 2 separate incidents here?..yeah look a shove by a 14 year old should see him sit out the season at the very least.

Yes two separate incidents.

The U17's Cabra v Wenty match was the one where the incident with the assault on the ref. Apprantly the game before that there were 4 players sent off as well.

whits106

Juniors
Guys, from what I understand the referee wasn't assaulted in the match between cabra and wenty 17s. He mentioned about the referee being thrown against the goal posts on may 1 i think when he spoke with terry rose... and then someone else called regarding another assault on the weekend with a player pushing a referee in the back...

Tyler Durden

Juniors
chillax cabramatta kiddies....

when you make it to the nrl and you're a big role model origin player, THEN you can swear at match officials because the authorities will not have the guts to put you in your place.

I dont think it is a laughing matter -considering a) how hard it is to get people to referee any sport, that alone RL & b) RL is in a war for the Western Suburbs of Sydney with the AFL - this sort of thing does not do the game any benefit, when parents are weighing up their child's sport options.

I dont support a life ban - however, whatever the penalty it must involve councilling for these kids. I fear the attitude of a lot of kids growing up in the current society, including what they get away with in schools, comes down to having no respect & the knowledge that as "children" they have nothing to fear in reprisals too often. (ie they will always get off light instead of being punished)

Nor do I... I'll be signing my kids up for Rugby Union tbh.

I played union for 10 years. After 6 years I played 1 season of league - in that season, due to lack of "officialdom" & a lot of games being refereed by coaches or the like, I decided that I would go back to rugby.

It is only my opinion, and my experience, but, there was a LOT more cheap shots taken at myself (and I considered myself a very clean player) and my teammates in League, than Union.

Im not going to get into the argument about union being a "gentlemans" game, because that is bullsh*t too - I witnessed plenty of crap in union as well, just not as bad as league.

I have stated before - I much prefer to watch top flight rugby league, than union - it is way more exciting - especially when Parra is winning.:D
If I were 10 years younger and 20+ kilos fitter, I would play rugby again in a heartbeat.;-)

SDM

First Grade
I played union for 10 years. After 6 years I played 1 season of league - in that season, due to lack of "officialdom" & a lot of games being refereed by coaches or the like, I decided that I would go back to rugby.

It is only my opinion, and my experience, but, there was a LOT more cheap shots taken at myself (and I considered myself a very clean player) and my teammates in League, than Union.

Im not going to get into the argument about union being a "gentlemans" game, because that is bullsh*t too - I witnessed plenty of crap in union as well, just not as bad as league.

I have stated before - I much prefer to watch top flight rugby league, than union - it is way more exciting - especially when Parra is winning.:D
If I were 10 years younger and 20+ kilos fitter, I would play rugby again in a heartbeat.;-)

But Rugby is much easier to ref, becasue no one actually knows the rules. When you make a mistake, no one even notices.

Parra Guru

Coach
Yep, I look at some Union clubs in comparison to league clubs in the area, and the willingness to make sure everyone gets a fair go and abides by the rules and Union kicks the absolute cr@p out of league in comparison.