What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jnr League brawl - Hadley calling for Cabra to be banned

SDM

First Grade
Its not exactly a new thing though, there was a blokes dad when I was playing under 7's soccer in the Ryde area in 1987 who used to abuse everyone on our teamn except his son for being useless, he bailed myself up after a game, and screamed at me about working on my fitness to support his son more, I was 6.
Being a 6 year old, my solution was to pick on his son at school, which ended in his old man coming up to school and chasing me around the playground, seems I was fit ewnough to outrun him.

Its human nature, some people are just f**kwits.

Gronk

Staff member
Some people have no idea about being a role model for their kids. Well done mum/dad, your kids will grown up to be a bogan feral just like you.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
I was a referee. I had the flag in a Saturday night game to be played after Hinchinbrook and The Warriors U16, two teams that were invited by the Parra district to play but due to violence in previous games against other clubs by these sides at their home grounds, they decided to hold the game at Cabramatta's home ground.

I had gotten ready for my game and was standing on halfway when there was an incident against the team in possession, the officials saw it but as is the correct practice they allowed the play to go on to see if the team could score a try. The next tackle it blew up because the team didn't realise advantage was played. A brawl broke out and I had players coming from all around and off the bench as well as parents and friends running in to where I was near the players benches and where the brawl started. Luckily for me an official from Cabramatta and junior league were there and shielded me out past the brawl onto the field. All the match officials were then told to seek refuge in a change room that they locked until the police arrived and dispersed the crowd.

Luckily the Cabramatta and Junior League guys acted quickly or I may have been turned on with nowhere to go. I just find it disgusting.

The second point is that the problem was that no one knew if they saw the incident, so I think the referee needs to signal somehow that an advantage is being played out until loss of possession in all games. I happened in the Titans Bulldogs game and neither team knew about it.

fish eel

Immortal
I was a referee. I had the flag in a Saturday night game to be played after Hinchinbrook and The Warriors U16, two teams that were invited by the Parra district to play but due to violence in previous games against other clubs by these sides at their home grounds, they decided to hold the game at Cabramatta's home ground.

I had gotten ready for my game and was standing on halfway when there was an incident against the team in possession, the officials saw it but as is the correct practice they allowed the play to go on to see if the team could score a try. The next tackle it blew up because the team didn't realise advantage was played. A brawl broke out and I had players coming from all around and off the bench as well as parents and friends running in to where I was near the players benches and where the brawl started. Luckily for me an official from Cabramatta and junior league were there and shielded me out past the brawl onto the field. All the match officials were then told to seek refuge in a change room that they locked until the police arrived and dispersed the crowd.

Luckily the Cabramatta and Junior League guys acted quickly or I may have been turned on with nowhere to go. I just find it disgusting.

The second point is that the problem was that no one knew if they saw the incident, so I think the referee needs to signal somehow that an advantage is being played out until loss of possession in all games. I happened in the Titans Bulldogs game and neither team knew about it.

Deadset? Thats a disgrace.

Why would you want to be an official?

Stagger eel

Staff member

I bet you enjoyed writing up your incident reports on saturday night...

that's really disgusting from all concerned.

Do these people not remember that this is sport, not WWF!!!!

Suity

Yeah - leave the Panda's out of it!

wwf_large.gif

hybrideel

Bench
have you been to a game at Cavanagh reserve. i don't know if it's still there but there used to be a cage on the sidelines for the refs to be locked up in for protection from the spectators. anytime you went to play against lalor park you had to prepare for nothing going your way from the refs who were too scared to make a call against the home team. I'm 6'2 and i lost count of the amount of times tackles started at my chin and went up from there and i don't recall ever getting a penalty. this was late 90's though so things could have changed in the past 10 years or so

strider

Post Whore
just a flow-on from the increasingly disciplinless society that has come about in recent times .... no disciplin at school, no disciplin on the streets - why would anyone expect disciplin at a footy game .... people don't learn disciplin and respect these days, so they think they can do what they want anywhere

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Wow. I had no idea this goes on.
My two boys will be playing sport in a couple of years. I always thought league would be the way to go. I'm not so sure now.

Gronk

Staff member
Wow. I had no idea this goes on.
My two boys will be playing sport in a couple of years. I always thought league would be the way to go. I'm not so sure now.

I am told that the Moore Park Tigers AFL Club (Trumper Park Paddington) & Maroubra Junior AFL Club (Heffron Park) have kids in huge numbers this year.

Suitman

Post Whore
Jumpsuit is playing soccer to begin his sporting career.

(incidently for the club on that McDonalds add where the kid gets a trip to South Africa)

Suity

Gronk

Staff member
Paddington has good AFL participation?
Like fathers like son?

Those two clubs service the entire eastern and south eastern suburbs. It certainly is parents driven, but fuelled by word of mouth from the kids.

I am also told that numbers are down in the Souths Juniors Comp for this reason.

Haynzy

First Grade
just a flow-on from the increasingly disciplinless society that has come about in recent times .... no disciplin at school, no disciplin on the streets - why would anyone expect disciplin at a footy game .... people don't learn disciplin and respect these days, so they think they can do what they want anywhere

I hear you....
As a school teacher my hands are tied re discipline... Have to give kids so many warnings before they can even be excluded from class.
You suspend a kid for anything and the parents are sooooo pissed with you because suddenly their day care has gone and they have to take responsibility.
In the majority of cases it all comes back to the parents.

Haynzy

First Grade

strider

Post Whore
I hear you....
As a school teacher my hands are tied re discipline... Have to give kids so many warnings before they can even be excluded from class.
You suspend a kid for anything and the parents are sooooo pissed with you because suddenly their day care has gone and they have to take responsibility.
In the majority of cases it all comes back to the parents.

mmmm - i blame the parents and the govt

the govt for listening to the idiot do-gooders who think molly-coddling kids irrespective of their sh*t attitudes is the way to go ... show some balls and give the schools the right to punish kids and keep em in line

the parents for: a) having a chip on their shoulder and not admitting their kid actually makes mistakes and f**ks up; b) having a complex if their kid isn't perfect; c) trying to be their kid's bestest ever buddy and trying not to upset the kid by starting the discipline at home

84 Baby

Referee
Society in general but especially noticeable in sports are losing the stoic hardness that truly is the difference between a man and everyone else. Everyone's now got to put their 2 cents or scything remark in at every opportunity on the field and when it comes back those same people take what is said/done personally. Perhaps if there weren't insults flying at every stoppage there'd be less animosity on the field.

Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.

Jumpsuit is playing soccer to begin his sporting career.

(incidently for the club on that McDonalds add where the kid gets a trip to South Africa)

Suity
West Penno, just like everyone other person in the north western suburbs. But we beat them on Saturday. Go Redbacks!