What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jnr League brawl - Hadley calling for Cabra to be banned

Delboy

First Grade
I am involved in the Parra junior league and generally the behaviour is good, however the team that appears most involved does have some sideline crazies ( we played them early on), and I can see some justification in calling the game off. The reaction was pretty stupid and needs to be stamped out, but we must not lose sight of the enjoyment the kids get out of the game.

When I played soccer in Perth, I saw much worse sideline behaviour and I understand it is pretty much the same here , but there is no shock jock chasing these stories and with the profile soccer has adopted , they get a rails run.

Anyway, hope the junior league jump all over this, and stand up for the kids playing, not the spectators/parents ruining their enjoyment.

Suitman

Post Whore
West Penno, just like everyone other person in the north western suburbs. But we beat them on Saturday. Go Redbacks!

Good for you. :D
Yeh, I think WPHCFC is the second largest club in the state or country or something like that.

Suity

SDM

First Grade
So is the issue with the kids playing, or the spectators on the sidelines or both?

Delboy

First Grade
Suity, from what I saw previously, the kids just play and the sideline crazies carried on cursing and worse, and the female parents were the major culprits.

I feel sorry for the kids, but there appeared to be some connection between a lot of letters in the names and the behaviour.

Suitman

Post Whore
Suity, from what I saw previously, the kids just play and the sideline crazies carried on cursing and worse, and the female parents were the major culprits.

I feel sorry for the kids, but there appeared to be some connection between a lot of letters in the names and the behaviour.

I understand that the parents are the problem, so surely the only way to stop them is to stop their kids playing?

Suity

Delboy

First Grade
Suity, who knows what the answer is, this is a problem faced by all sports to be honest.

One of my colleagues here in work is from Melbourne, and was saying how these stories are very similar in AFL in the junior leagues. I know there are issues everywhere, he actually coached hockey and said he was appalled at what was said from the sidelines.

Go figure

Suitman

Post Whore
Suity, who knows what the answer is, this is a problem faced by all sports to be honest.

One of my colleagues here in work is from Melbourne, and was saying how these stories are very similar in AFL in the junior leagues. I know there are issues everywhere, he actually coached hockey and said he was appalled at what was said from the sidelines.

Go figure

Yeh, fair enough. I've seen and heard some terrible stories myself, particularly in junior rugby union, so it seems the idiots traverse all sports.
Thankfully, adult behavior has been good in my 3 seasons as a manager of jumpsuit's soccer team.

Suity

I understand that the parents are the problem, so surely the only way to stop them is to stop their kids playing?

Suity

The problem is that the parents were allowed to f**k each other and breed, despite having no aptitude for parenting (and probably plenty of other things too).

mmmm - i blame the parents and the govt

Its not "the government" as such, its the left wing loonies from the Greens, the minority parties & sitting members worried about losing their seats, and therefore listening to these minorities that has made society, not only in Australia, but most parts of the western world - that have made the world like it is today.

When I was 10, I was playing space invaders - wow! shooting flying saucers - hardly material that should/would concern people. My godson at the same age, is shooting/blasting/obliterating people in video games. It is so real, its a bit scary!

The imagery that young minds see these days, which therefore mould what they consider as reality, makes me worry what the world will be like when I am in my old age. Some of the violence that happens to people now is scary enough - whats it going to be like with the next generation?

I think society as a whole, have a lot to answer too.

I know that I am stuck in the 80's, and im getting old :D, this type of stuff didnt happen back then. Yeah we had parents swearing their heads off on the sideline. Plus in the 90's, we had two skinheads in our backs, that turned up with 3 of their mates one day, and had clubs of wood, ready for any "issues" that we may have had with the other team (Mt Colah), but, we ALL had respect for referees, and knew we were not to go near them or abuse them.

All referees should be hereby allowed to carry a truncheon onto the field I reckon.:sarcasm::lol:

SDM

First Grade
I blame it on OH&S and warning signs, safety rails, advances in medical science etc.
Natural selection is not working anymore.

planeteels

Juniors
I can assure you that we at the Junior League do everything within our Powers to discipline and remove these warts from our Competition whether they be Players, Parents, Officials or Spectators.

We have many mechanisms in place to deal with these pests and needless to say that these avenues are used whenever needed.

We have already de-registered several young players as a result of Parental/Guardian behaviour this year.

I run the Judiciary and have been amazed at the past few days and comments eminating from ill informed media personalities responding to an unsolicited email containing mythical facts .. not forgetting to mention "George" who called in to describe the incident involving the 14/2's player who pushed a Referee.

I agree when people say that Discipline starts at home, we at Junior League (which is 95% run by Volunteer Board & Advisory members) are there to make sure that EVERYONE is Safe and able to enjoy the game, however, there are loons out there who ruin it.

We are just as embarrassed with regards to the behaviour displayed by Players and Adults. We are looking at ways of increasing penalties. Unfortunately it seems that despite the threats of being banned and evidence of people having been banned - it still doesn't deter those loons who go over that imaginary line and descend into idiocy.

sooty

Juniors
I can assure you that we at the Junior League do everything within our Powers to discipline and remove these warts from our Competition whether they be Players, Parents, Officials or Spectators.

We have many mechanisms in place to deal with these pests and needless to say that these avenues are used whenever needed.

We have already de-registered several young players as a result of Parental/Guardian behaviour this year.

I run the Judiciary and have been amazed at the past few days and comments eminating from ill informed media personalities responding to an unsolicited email containing mythical facts .. not forgetting to mention "George" who called in to describe the incident involving the 14/2's player who pushed a Referee.

I agree when people say that Discipline starts at home, we at Junior League (which is 95% run by Volunteer Board & Advisory members) are there to make sure that EVERYONE is Safe and able to enjoy the game, however, there are loons out there who ruin it.

We are just as embarrassed with regards to the behaviour displayed by Players and Adults. We are looking at ways of increasing penalties. Unfortunately it seems that despite the threats of being banned and evidence of people having been banned - it still doesn't deter those loons who go over that imaginary line and descend into idiocy.

Planeteels,

Bit over the top with your thread, dont like the term "warts" as you call it and also your call on the media personality. Forget George and the 95% volunteers we as supporters and volunteers need to and want to make sure we are not dragged into the spotlight like the previous week. There are many great junior clubs within Parramatta that contribute towards our great club. Remember there is no I in Parramatta

The Engineers Room

First Grade
Deadset? Thats a disgrace.

Why would you want to be an official?

Because I love this game. I gave it up when we had our first child, takes up too much time.

I bet you enjoyed writing up your incident reports on saturday night...

that's really disgusting from all concerned.

I hated the reports and it made it so some guys wouldn't send off players or bin them due to the paperwork.

Do these people not remember that this is sport, not WWF!!!!

Suity

Well with the jumping over barriers and running in it looked like a WWF brawl except without the tights.

Most of the time being an official is great and you get treated well but it was a stupid move having U16/U17 on Saturday nights. Mates would turn up and being drunk would get abusive. That is when the trouble used to start.

planeteels

Juniors
Planeteels,

Bit over the top with your thread, dont like the term "warts" as you call it and also your call on the media personality. Forget George and the 95% volunteers we as supporters and volunteers need to and want to make sure we are not dragged into the spotlight like the previous week. There are many great junior clubs within Parramatta that contribute towards our great club. Remember there is no I in Parramatta

I am not sure why you are going the way you are with your comments because I, like you and a majority of League fans want the game to prosper and thrive. And all of the people who are on the PDJRL Board and it's Advisory committee strive to ensure that the game is SAFE, HEALTHY & FAIR for ALL PARTICIPANTS.

Call it how you will, I will call people who cause trouble in Junior Rugby League "warts" because that is what they are!! They make the game Ugly for all the decent people involved and all those that have gone before them!!! They don't deserve respect as they are the ones that are putting the game in the position it is in.

My call on the Media personality is SPOT ON!! I know the details of both of the cases (though one is still being investigated). I am not refuting the media's right to commentate, though I am refuting the accuracy of what was reported before any proper, accurate investigation was done by them.

We have 22 Clubs in the District with over 300 teams who play around 150+ games on a weekly basis and often those games are spread over all 22 grounds between a Friday Night through to Sunday afternoon so you can imagine the logistics involved in overseeing every venue.

We have a very comprehensive Code of Conduct covering behaviour of Players, Officials and Spectators and subsequently we have power to penalise/ban anyone who is proven to break any of those rules.

All I say is, as the elected members of the Board and the Advisory Committee's our people are busting a gut to ensure that these type of incidents don't happen and if they do, then they get dealt with fairly and with respect to due process - we can't just form a Lynch mob and settle issues.

There is definitely no 'I' in Parramatta and I don't recall stating that there ever has been. I am merely putting my point forward from an informed point of view.

The game belongs to the people and it is up to all people to ensure it flourishes.

El Diablo

Post Whore
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...arged-with-lying/story-e6freuy9-1225885452300

Teenage woman referee who claimed assault at Cabramatta charged with lying

* June 29, 2010 3:08AM

A WOMAN who said she was assaulted whilst refereeing an under 9s football match has been charged with lying.

Police from the Cabramatta local area command charged the 19-year-old woman with knowingly making a false statement, NSW Police Force said in a statement at 2.55am.

The woman, aged 19, was refereeing an under 9’s football game in Cabramatta on Saturday, June 19, when she claimed to have been struck on the back of the head by a trainer assisting the Mounties' under 9's team.

Detectives obtained a statement from the woman and conducted a full investigation.

The woman went to Cabramatta police station about 5pm yesterday where she was interviewed by detectives.

She was later charged with knowingly make a false statement, and false representation resulting in a police investigation.

She was given bail and will appear in Liverpool Local Court on 16 July.