What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jnr League brawl - Hadley calling for Cabra to be banned

mrpwnd

Bench
Bahh, if i recall Hayne was also from Cabbra right? I wonder what he thinks of this...Golden child must be very ashamed of his juniors club atm

The P Eel

Juniors
Just found out that the referees could be striking with weekends games, in the Parra district.

Hopefully commonsense will prevail, and all junior games are on.

Heard same rumour - a big fallout between Terry Rose Parra Junior League boss) and the referees - not sure what it is about. Hadley certainly gave it to him and made him sound a bumbling fool.:eek:

Delboy

First Grade
I understand that Ossie got heavily involved today, had a 2 hour meeting with the referees.

Not sure of the outcome but all is not lost I hear for this weekend.

To be honest , the job of secretary would be pretty thankless task with very long hours, I know the club I am involved with get emails at 2.30 am as he works through the night. Not always difficult to be a nice guy, but it would help I guess.

100yearsRL

Juniors
I believe a things need to be mentioned in regard to comments about the cabramatta club in regard to some mis-information.
However, before I do that let me state for the record that the incident regarding the 17-2s is a disgrace and the people involved from the cabramatta 17-2s should be dealt with in the harsherst possible way if found guilty.
Also the under 14 player who pushed the referee did not play for the cabramatta club

Like all clubs involved in rugby league there are the good and bad. And if people are involved in thuggery and assaulting officials, yes get rid of them.

Did any one metion the game carrawood, not involving cabramatta, where people jumped the fence wearing balaclavas and assaulted a player. In my time involved in junior league I would say that every club has had serious incidents where certain people have brought their club into the spotlight and disrepute, does that mean all people who are involved with a club mentioned are bad, no.

There are people at the cabramatta who are really dirty that this group have dragged all the people through this quagmire.

The parra refs dont have an issue with the cabramatta club or any other club, its their crumbling relationship with the junior league and some officials, this was told to me by a parra ref.

It won't be the last time a club will be dragged through a *&^%fight due to a minority of idiots but lets hope when they do they to will be given sufficient punishment too.

sooty

Juniors
More dramas today in an under 8's game. Hadley will be on the warpath come monday. look for Terry Rose to fall on his sword.

A female referee was verballed & then physically "attacked". It hasn't been confirmed yet, but, sounds like she was clipped over the head.

Apparently the young ref was here from a country area, as there was some sort of exchange thing happening.

She called off the game due to the foul language that was being hurled from the sideline. When she pulled the pin on the game, she was then abused further, followed by some sort of physical altercation from a male "trainer".

It's going to become a massive issue in the media, & is giving AFL such an easy leg up in the west.

It's a disgrace, & another shot in the foot for rugby league.

parra pete

Referee
A game being played by Eight year olds ....FMD....I would assume the abuser was a five year old, or younger...Were they playing for a sheep station?????

"Forgive them Father, for they know not what they do..."

sooty

Juniors
Hadley mentioned it a short time ago on 2gb Ossie also interviewed and apparently supporters aka parents and trainers involved. Very sad indeed at U/8 level

They are interviewing an 18 year old girl, who was refing a under 9's match. They didn't say which club, but Cabramatta police are handling it.

Suitman

Post Whore
A game being played by Eight year olds ....FMD....I would assume the abuser was a five year old, or younger...Were they playing for a sheep station?????

"Forgive them Father, for they know not what they do..."

No pete, it seems as though the abuser was an adult at an Under 9's game.
I just don't understand how these parents can be so stupid, and how they can't see what lessons they are teaching their own children. They are failed sports people themselves, and are trying to live their dreams through their children.
It's a disgrace but sadly, it a reflection of society these days.
We face this sort of agression every day in all walks of life.........on the road, at work, cyber-bullying at kids, even in the shopping centre car park.
It's really sad what a world our kids are growing up in.

Suity

parra pete

Referee
No pete, it seems as though the abuser was an adult at an Under 9's game.
I just don't understand how these parents can be so stupid, and how they can't see what lessons they are teaching their own children. They are failed sports people themselves, and are trying to live their dreams through their children.
It's a disgrace but sadly, it a reflection of society these days.
We face this sort of agression every day in all walks of life.........on the road, at work, cyber-bullying at kids, even in the shopping centre car park.
It's really sad what a world our kids are growing up in.

Suity

I TOTALLY agree with you. Bloody sad, unbelievably sad.

Titanic

First Grade
It's very frustrating that society doesn't really punish this type of behaviour while they expect rugby league to come up with the answers.