What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Joel Monaghan quits Raiders over Twitter pic

Should he be banned from the game for life?

• Yes

Votes: 137 47.1%
  • No

Votes: 154 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

skeepe

Immortal
Shattered... Monaghan was one of my favourites. Surely this is the end of the road for him though.

ByRd

First Grade
Well there we have it, it is real and he has apoligised for it, truly disgusting and he should be heavily punished. If he does stay with the Raiders, i cant wait til they play us, oh the number of opportunities to give it to him haha

typicalfan

Coach
Maybe Todd Carney can visit him in Goulburn jail in the off season.

Disgusting act, what makes it worse is this guy is a senior player. If he doesn't see the inside of a cell then he is being treated lightly.

TheDalek079

Bench
it's harmless fun. he hasn't assaulted anybody. he hasn't murdered anybody. he hasn't stolen anything. he hasn't committed fraud. it's disgusting, but it's not over the top.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Speechless. Our club is in disgrace. What kind of person does this? Seriously, this f**ckwit has to be sacked and deregistered from the NRL.

Everything we achieved onfield means nothing, our club is in disgrace because of the actions of one 'man'. Shattered.

Speechless. Our club is in disgrace. What kind of person does this? Seriously, this f**ckwit has to be sacked and deregistered from the NRL.

Everything we achieved onfield means nothing, our club is in disgrace because of the actions of one 'man'. Shattered.

Just relax mate. Yes, f**king completely stupid thing to do, but he hasn't gone and killed a dozen people. The situation will die down if we handle the PR well & get rid of him

perverse

Referee
it's harmless fun. he hasn't assaulted anybody. he hasn't murdered anybody. he hasn't stolen anything. he hasn't committed fraud. it's disgusting, but it's not over the top.
the level of disrepute that this will generate for the game will be right up there with danny wicks... if not even more. drugs are pseudo-accepted by certain demographics of society. i don't know any demographic that would approve of having a dog play with your dong.

this is right up there with rape, drug cartels, etc, as far as damage to the games image goes. if the raiders are fair dinkum they'll have to be rid of Monas at least, and i wouldn't be surprised if the blokes with the cameras come under heavy fire, either.

typicalfan

Coach
Just relax mate. Yes, f**king completely stupid thing to do, but he hasn't gone and killed a dozen people. The situation will die down if we handle the PR well & get rid of him
No but it isn't too far off. Certainly worse than cheating the cap or being banned for drugs or being an idiot.

It is in the upper echelons of disgrace.

Iafeta

Referee
Surely he's outta here...? Right?

I'll be interested to see the outcome. I have my doubts that he'll get anything more than a slap on the wrist and some poxy PR community service deal. I heard that zoophilia/beastiality is illegal in all states of Australia, but not in the ACT.

Utterly gross and incomprehensible.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Nothing can defend this. Its just totally wrong on every level. This is a 28 year old man we're talking about here. I'm shattered that a member of the team I support would disgrace his club and game like this We're a laughing stock.

Last edited:

skeepe

Immortal
If the Raiders don't sack Monaghan, I'll have a very, very difficult time cheering for him on the field.

I'm certain they'll sack him. It's as sure as LU having a Database Error under a medium load.