What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Joel Monaghan quits Raiders over Twitter pic

Should he be banned from the game for life?

• Yes

Votes: 137 47.1%
  • No

Votes: 154 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Just relax mate. Yes, f**king completely stupid thing to do, but he hasn't gone and killed a dozen people. The situation will die down if we handle the PR well & get rid of him
You're a raiders fan. This is gunna effect our club big time for a long time in a lot of ways. I'll stand by them but many won't and many people who might have become fans will leg it because of this. You're right in one aspect he has to go.

No but it isn't too far off. Certainly worse than cheating the cap or being banned for drugs or being an idiot.

It is in the upper echelons of disgrace.

Worse than the Storm rort? Highly unlikely

Look, the guy no doubt was blind off his tits and was playing a prank/was dared to do it, I don't think you'd go around saying Joel Monaghan f**ks animals on a regular basis.

I'm not condoning his actions, absolutely stupid f**king thing to do, but maybe we should look at it once the emotions die down a little

typicalfan

Coach
You're a raiders fan. This is gunna effect our club big time for a long time in a lot of ways. I'll stand by them but many won't and many people who might have become fans will leg it because of this. You're right in one aspect he has to go.
The only way to save face is to sack him before he blinks. It has to be demanded that this is completely unacceptable.

Could be one of the final nails in the coffin of mad monday in rugby league as well.

Prop Forward

Juniors
Anyone hear the idiots Gibbsy and Brandy "interview" the dog involved in the photo on 2UE?

Disgusting really. These guys should be reprimanded

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
I've seen the photo, and to be honest it's not actually clear that he was really having sexual relations with the dog- I suspect he simply dropped his pants and pulled the dog's head near his genitalia for the benefit of what he thought would be an amusing photo. So the harmless fun bit isn't really that far off the mark.

BUT, perception is all important in these cases and it LOOKS bad, and is extremely embarrassing for the NRL and the Raiders. He probably needs to be sacked for the club to save face.

shiznit

Coach
will he get the boot though???

what he did was bad... but lets be honest here... RL welcomed back a bloke who got caught multiple times put his fingers up other mens arse's.

if you can come back from that... you gotta say there must be a glimmer of hope for this bloke.

Dave Q

Coach
I've seen the photo, and to be honest it's not actually clear that he was really having sexual relations with the dog- I suspect he simply dropped his pants and pulled the dog's head near his genitalia for the benefit of what he thought would be an amusing photo. So the harmless fun bit isn't really that far off the mark.

BUT, perception is all important in these cases and it LOOKS bad, and is extremely embarrassing for the NRL and the Raiders. He probably needs to be sacked for the club to save face.

Tell that to the dog, its being counselled at the moment,

Special K

Coach
I hope he is banned for life.

Remember when Gallop said the next guy who f**ks up will seriously pay? Wasn't that a few years ago. GTFO Joel

Well put mate. I hope Don Furner has the best PR firm in the country working on this

SpaceMonkey

Immortal

Look, the guy no doubt was blind off his tits and was playing a prank/was dared to do it, I don't think you'd go around saying Joel Monaghan f**ks animals on a regular basis.

I'm not condoning his actions, absolutely stupid f**king thing to do, but maybe we should look at it once the emotions die down a little

Spot on. I'll still bark at him if I'm ever in the crowd and my club's playing his though.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade

Ok my emotions have died down..it's a f*cking dog licking his dick. It's 100000x worse than the Storm rort. The Storm rort is illegal in the competition, sure - but cheating in sport is common as homosapien sex.

This, is illegal (OK not in ACT,whatever) and f*cking disgusting. I know he's not probably doing this on the regular, but who cares. And don't get me wrong, I feel sorry for Joel. His life is f*cked. He'll be banned, he'll have to leave the country, he'll wear this until he dies. He must be in emotional turmoil. I hope someone is keeping an eye on him, seriously.

Just when you thought the NRL couldn't find a new way to have itself disgraced..here we go. You couldn't make this up.

typicalfan

Coach

You dont have to say he did it on a regular basis. He only has to do it once for it to be a disgrace. At the end of the day he had a sexual act with an animal. Certainly more morally reprehensible than the Storm hiding a bit of cash in fact it isn't even close.

If you can't at least be in some sort of control of your actions when you drink then don't drink.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Its more than about the act. Its about the prehistoric mentality behind it - get so pissed that you do things like this as if there a normal way of life. Maybe I'm just naive but normal people don't do this when they're pissed do they?

Latest posts