What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Joel Monaghan quits Raiders over Twitter pic

Should he be banned from the game for life?

• Yes

Votes: 137 47.1%
  • No

Votes: 154 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Batman Returns

Juniors
I agree.

But tell that to batman returns.

Geez, I'm not offended. And Aussies shouldn't be offended at dog shagger jokes. They are just gonna be part of the good old Aussie vs Kiwi banter. It's gonna be great.

Phil Kearns loves the banter too aye.

Batman Returns

Juniors
I heard the dog was provided by a Raiders sponsor....

LL.jpg

I heard that too. I get the feeling Monaghan's being hung out to dry here.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
I don't see what all the fuss is about. Monaghan was just showing his guide dog that he was blind in one eye.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Geez, I'm not offended. And Aussies shouldn't be offended at dog shagger jokes. They are just gonna be part of the good old Aussie vs Kiwi banter. It's gonna be great.

Phil Kearns loves the banter too aye.
Haha. That's not what you said before.

dragon_around

Juniors
I thought he was a scientist.

Whenever he left training his usual goodbye would be

"If anyone wants me I'll be in the lab"

Brutus

Referee
He will be sacked and no NRL team will not touch him as all the sponors

will object !!!

Sponsors dont want bestiality....associated with their products..

How do you explain this to your kids ....

I'd have to agree with you there.

There is no way he could play in the NRL anymore for these very reasons.

Bye Joel.

He should have been sacked by now so we can all move on and enjoy some great footy at Eden Park on Sat night.

jaynie

Juniors
Aside from the actual act - which I still can't find words for - I do have to wonder, if this is not Joel's dog, who the hell would let their dog be involved in this?
There has been a lot of discussion of the photo taker and distributor in this thread, but I would seriously like to know what the dog owner was thinking if this happened in their presence.

chefman21

Juniors
Some part of me wants incidents like these to keep happening. I almost want it to get to the stage where the code itself is threatened and on the brink of going under (not quite but close). Hopefully by then the players and clubs will learn a lesson. They still haven't learnt anything it would seem. Year after year vile and lesser incidents happen. It might be harsh, but I think the only way for them to learn anything is for the code - in it's entirety - to get to the stage where their livelihoods are actually threatened. At least then things might change for the better.

Didgi

Aside from the actual act - which I still can't find words for - I do have to wonder, if this is not Joel's dog, who the hell would let their dog be involved in this?
There has been a lot of discussion of the photo taker and distributor in this thread, but I would seriously like to know what the dog owner was thinking if this happened in their presence.

The statement from him/his manager stated that the prank was aimed at an absent team-mate. Not sure if it says precisely, I think it was the absent team member's dog. So he wasn't there.

the biggest joke about this.. is that its not illegal what he did.

It is a disgraceful act. But not illegal in ACT.

This has got to be a wake up call to the goverment to change this.

Speaking of which, this from a Canberra forum site:

He picked a good time for it: We’ve received the following comment from an ACT Government spokesperson on the bestiality laws:
The government had already identified a deficiency in the Crimes Act 1900 and the government agreed in September 2010 to re-establish the offence of bestiality. The offence was removed from the ACT statutes prior to self government.
Legislation to re-establish the offence of bestiality is currently being drafted by the government and it is planned to be introduced into the Legislative Assembly in December. If passed, the ACT law will be broader in its application than most other Australian jurisdictions, because any sexual activity between a person and an animal would be an offence under the Act.

I'd like to believe that bestiality accidentally got left out of the Crimes Act some time years ago, rather than it being deliberately removed to cater to the dog f**king minority.

Whatever happened to the good old days when offences such as "crimes against nature" and "outraging public decency" would have applied to Monaghan's case. :shock:

BunniesMan

Immortal
Some part of me wants incidents like these to keep happening. I almost want it to get to the stage where the code itself is threatened and on the brink of going under (not quite but close). Hopefully by then the players and clubs will learn a lesson. They still haven't learnt anything it would seem. Year after year vile and lesser incidents happen. It might be harsh, but I think the only way for them to learn anything is for the code - in it's entirety - to get to the stage where their livelihoods are actually threatened. At least then things might change for the better.

That would work if they were all like that. But they're not. We have 16 teams with 25 guys each, I reckon 20+ on each team are great blokes. They work with charities without ringing the paper to take a photo of them while they do it, they spend Friday nights with their wives/girlfriends. A good night out for them is a quiet beer with close mates and a few hours spent playing Wii. This is the vast majority of players who go through their entire career without ever making a headline for the wrong reason.

A minority of them are dickheads, and they'll always be dickheads, they'd be dickheads if their livelihoods were endangered, they'd be dickheads if they worked at Maccas. We just find out about their dickheadedness because they work in a high profile job.

The only thing you can do about it is no 2nd or 3rd chance for people like Monaghan, sack em, let them be dickheads in their own life where it doesn't affect an entire code and millions of fans.

It saddens me that these incidents (which do happen too often) give all the innocent players a bad name. I happen to know a guy that plays first grade footy. He's a perfectly nice, polite, quiet bloke and he tells me most of his teammates are just like him.

It just feels like every 2nd player is troublemaker because its only the bad stuff that makes the headlines. Each night on the evening news we're not read a list of all the players who haven't done anything wrong that day.

BunniesMan

Immortal
The statement from him/his manager stated that the prank was aimed at an absent team-mate. Not sure if it says precisely, I think it was the absent team member's dog. So he wasn't there.

This. From what I've heard Monaghan is with several teammates in the home of another absent teammate. And the group in their drunken delusions thought it would be hilarious if they put peanut butter on Monaghan's junk and have the absent teammate's dog suck him off. That's why they took the photos, so they could show this other teammate, and everybody could laugh about it together.

Latest posts