What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Joel Monaghan quits Raiders over Twitter pic

Should he be banned from the game for life?

• Yes

Votes: 137 47.1%
  • No

Votes: 154 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

maccattack

Juniors
Well there must be at least one more photo, coz the one I seen shows someone else taking a picture too.

El Diablo

Post Whore
i really don't think it's him

looking at the Raiders mad monday pics he has a receding hairline when seen from the side

the guy in the pic is seen from the side and has no receding hairline

Last edited:

skeepe

Immortal

looking at the Raiders mad monday pics he has a receding hairline when seen from the side

That and on Mad Monday the colour of the hair in the Raiders photos was different to that of the other photo.

The Tank

Bench
You know what's sad (and somewhat twisted)... I saw the photo and thought 'meh'. Is this a normal reaction to someone getting a blower from an animal? The internet is a weird and twisted universe - that photo is nothing to me (but that guy's life is now over... what an idiot).

P.S. Are we sure that's a dog because it slightly resembles Bourbon Beccy...

LeagueNut

First Grade
I didn't think the photo looked like him.

A serious question (which might be difficult in this thread) - is this actually illegal in Australia? Or just disgusting??

Raider_69

Post Whore

i keep changing my mind
at first i thought no way, then i thought it was definitely him... now im thinking its probably not

its not clear cut one way or the other though.

skeepe

Immortal
If it's proven not to be him, I can see Jim Banaghan losing a lot of clients over his comments.

Not only has he failed to stick up for his client, he has in fact added fuel to the fire, with many now assuming that Banaghan's comments confirm the identity of the man in the photo.

Vic Mackey

Referee
I feel a bit sorry for him

can anyone honestly say they've never had a few too many, dipped their rod in some gravy and let the family dog go to town on them?

applesauce

Bench
If it's proven not to be him, I can see Jim Banaghan losing a lot of clients over his comments.

Not only has he failed to stick up for his client, he has in fact added fuel to the fire, with many now assuming that Banaghan's comments confirm the identity of the man in the photo.

I searched Joel Monaghan on twitter and a lot of people have said his manager has confirmed it etc. So I would say you are right.

perverse

Referee
the difference in hair colour to other mad monday pics is interesting.. but given the extreme difference in camera quality and lightning it's hard to make a judgement either way.

his managers comments were unusually damning. skeepe - i reckon he'll lose clients, guilty or innocent. i still wouldn't want my manager coming out at this stage and saying that, even if i was dumb enough to do such a thing.

ByRd

First Grade
Saw the pic yesterday and it does look somewhat like him, i guess you can make a case either way but honestly, if this is true, then i dont know what to say....

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
can anyone honestly say they've never had a few too many, dipped their rod in some gravy and let the family dog go to town on them?
I can say I have never done this.

And the Melbourne players got $50 notes shown to them......what will Joel get?

I can see it now, "You can't catch, You dog farker"

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I feel a bit sorry for him

ummm.....................yeh

not even beer goggles would make my dog look that good