What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Joey Interview Your Thoughts

gong_eagle

First Grade
Gus interviewing Andrew Johns, whats your thoughts about it
apparently he was intending to take the E tablet

Alex28

Coach
Gus looked genuinely shattered in his actions. Joey was pretty frank about it to be honest...

legend

Coach
Well done to Johns but why didn't Gould ask Joey, what other drugs have you taken?

Dogs Of War

Coach
legend said:
Well done to Johns but why didn't Gould ask Joey, what other drugs have you taken?

I don't see the point of asking that. Taking drugs is what mattered in the interview. More interested in the fact that Johns didn't want to go into any further details on others who may have taken drugs.

gong_eagle

First Grade
Matty knew about it all along as well, hence saying he was relieved that he was caught
12 years of living a lie, if the NRL's drug testing was so thorough, why wasn't he caught

legend

Coach
It's not up to Johns to name and shame other players but if Johns admitted to taking addditional drugs, we would have a clearer picture about what really transpired as other illicit drugs take longer to get out of your system.

gong_eagle said:
Matty knew about it all along as well, hence saying he was relieved that he was caught
12 years of living a lie, if the NRL's drug testing was so thorough, why wasn't he caught

because ecstasy stays in your system for 3 days MAX depending on how many you take. you'd be the unluckiest person ever to be caught

stuke

Bench
when i saw Gould interviewing him i thought it would be a crock of sh!t. quite surprised to see it wasn't. very frank admissions by Johns and good questioning from Gould. you could see both of them were going through many emotions.

Dazzat

First Grade
What was the main pressure Joey was under? What has driven him to depression, near alcoholism and illegal drug use?

Short answer: Being unaccountable for his actions.

He was permitted to have wild mood swings without any repurcussions while others were probably sent to reserve grade. He was permitted to take drugs while those around him turned the other way. I think Joey could have almost belted one of his team-mates, and he still would have been chosen for the team.

Sorry if this sounds harsh, but this is also why so many celebrities have trouble with drugs. It's not public expectations as most suggest, it's the fact that most of them are never called to task for their wrong actions.

Dazzat said:
What was the main pressure Joey was under? What has driven him to depression, near alcoholism and illegal drug use?

Short answer: Being unaccountable for his actions.

He was permitted to have wild mood swings without any repurcussions while others were probably sent to reserve grade. He was permitted to take drugs while those around him turned the other way. I think Joey could have almost belted one of his team-mates, and he still would have been chosen for the team.

Sorry if this sounds harsh, but this is also why so many celebrities have trouble with drugs. It's not public expectations as most suggest, it's the fact that most of them are never called to task for their wrong actions.

just because you never hear about your neighbour being a drug addict doesn't mean they're not. maybe because celebrities have these paparazzi watching their every move they get caught out? 206 people got arrested in london when joey did and i bet you 205 people's family don't know they were arrested

langpark

First Grade
Is that true that ecstasy can be out of your system in 3 days? I could have sworn i remembered hearing a drug expert once saying most drugs are tracable in your system for 6 months.

Charlie124

First Grade
What shocked me about the interview was when Gus asked if the Knights as a club knew about his drug use and he admitted that they did.

perverse

Referee
langpark said:
Is that true that ecstasy can be out of your system in 3 days? I could have sworn i remembered hearing a drug expert once saying most drugs are tracable in your system for 6 months.
very few drugs are tracable in your system for that long. the only one i can think of off the top of my head would be marijuana in a regular user - and even then it would probably only be detectable in your hair fibres. there are probably more. E would be out of your system in 24 - 48 hours.. maybe even quicker for an athlete on any sort of training regime/diet.

langpark said:

yeah pretty much maximum 3 days. that's why he would of never got caught, plus he said he used them only occaisonaly. you're probably thinking of more illicit drugs. i think i read somewhere cocaine can be traced back the longest. that's why more people get caught doing coke and marijuana they stay in your system longer and you have more chance of being caught. if you take a pill on on say sautrday night, chances are monday morning it's out of your system. if you have a small amount, say 1 pill it's pretty much gone from your system after your "come down" which is a few hours after it wears off. obviously the more you take the longer it's there

N.C.

Juniors
That interview was terrible. Gould the disappointed father figure reprimanding one of his favourite sons. Bah.

Andrew Johns is my new hero. To think that you can be the world's best rugby league player and a recreational drug user both at the same time...