What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Joey is ready to quit

Misanthrope

Staff member
If I were Joey, I'd probably leave to. He's only got a year left to run on his contract, and next year we're no chance of winning the premiership. This is probably his last genuine opportunity to win the premiership, and if he's going to be robbed of that due to PC bullsh*t, he may as well pack his bags and make some cash in England before he hangs up the boots.

Master Vippo

Juniors
No that would be so lame. Ice777 is right that it makes him look like the biggest sook. Losing at Chess so you just tip the board over and go home.

Show some class Joey and dont act like a sook.

keeney

First Grade
Onan the barbarian said:

I commend your word choice, but I'm only being one because I went through the trouble of bitching about this already on the NRL forum. As I am the axis point of past and future existence, how dare he defy my desire?

Ever since the JT snubbing petulant has gotten more use than the word 'and'.

Ice777

Bench
keeney said:
Man f**k, you and every other idiot who over uses this word needs to chew on my left nad. Why not tap taht super awesome vocabulary and come up with a synonym?

Now now keeney there's no need to talk to me like that. If you keep that up i may have to call you a petulant little sook like i did Joey :lol:

I've been using that word for many years, especially when it comes to footballers of any code who don't get their own way. I'm sure you do know the meaning of the word but i'll refresh your memory just in case. It means unreasonable irratable or ill tempered. Easily irritated or annoyed, contemptuous in speech or behaviour. Among many other things.

Are they not all traits possessed by Andrew Johns? Why use a synonym when petulant sums up the man in perfect detail? No offence but i'm not going to stop using a word that's been part of my vocabulary because a poster on a forum chucks a hissy hit because he doesn't like others using the word. Surely there's other things in your life you have to worry about than something so very trivial as that?

B-dos

Referee
Ice777 said:
I've been using that word for many years, especially when it comes to footballers of any code who don't get their own way. I'm sure you do know the meaning of the word but i'll refresh your memory just in case. It means unreasonable irratable or ill tempered. Easily irritated or annoyed, contemptuous in speech or behaviour. Among many other things.

Dictionary.com said:
pet·u·lant Audio pronunciation of "petulant" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (pch-lnt)
adj.

1. Unreasonably irritable or ill-tempered; peevish.
2. Contemptuous in speech or behavior.
You lifted the rest from the dictionary, why not include "peevish"?

or dont you know what that means?

Ice777

Bench
B-dos said:
You lifted the rest from the dictionary, why not include "peevish"?

So what's your point? Of course i got it from the dictionary, where else do you get meanings from? :lol:

I never tried to hide the fact as i knew someone would go and google it just to satisfy their curiosity. It would seem i wasn't let down at all. If i wanted to i wouldn't have made it sound like it came out of the dictionary.

It doesn't change the fact he's PETULANT now does it?

keeney

First Grade
If one is familiar with a word as you claim to be, one sould be able to draw a suitable deifnition from ones mind without the aid of a dictionary.

Dazzat

First Grade
I match officials were meant to swear at they'd all wear white hats and drive Volvos at 60 in 100 zones ...! But they don't so Johns is getting everything he deserves for his lack of respect.

TooheysNew

Coach
Ice777 and troll, consider this a warning. Continue trolling and you will have your access removed. Thankyou.

Ice777

Bench
Just a quick question? What did i do that could be considered trolling? If you read back i merely stated my opinion on Joey sooking about packing his bag should he not get his downdrading. Is that trolling telling people what i think my thoughts on what has been the biggest issue in the game the last few days?

Or was i trolling for retaliating for duly being told "f**k you" for calling Joey petulant and then i was told i was a troll and told to piss off. Now i'm still not sure what is constituted as trolling. Now what is it that i'm not allowed to do? State my opinion in a clear and concise manner which i did and at the same time not abuse any of the members here which i didn't?

The fact is that they got pissed off at me becuase they didn't like what i and the majority of the rugby league public think about Joey's childish antics and no matter how you want to make it look otherwise, what i did was not trolling. I never threw one bit of abuse anyone's way, it was first directed at me and i never replied with the same "f**k you" or "piss off" as what i recieved for dareing to give my opinon on the games best player who just happens to be a Newcastle Knight.

ShadesOfTheSun

Juniors
This is just getting childish. Ice just expressed an opinion - he wasn't even particularly aggressive in expressing it, unlike 99% of the other anti-Johns posters on the main NRL forum.

Back on topic, I really hate to say I told you so, but I did.

Latest posts