What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Joey Johns and his walk off.

Gronk

Staff member
How low was it for the new all time points record holder to walk off the ground ignoring the presentation prepared by Parra staff on his behalf. He acknowledged that he knew they were there but chose to leave JT holding the game ball in a glass case and walk into the sheds.

He said in the press conference (see Fox Sports News on digital) that he knew they were there "but you've got to understand how gutted I was."

Not good enough Joey. No class mate. :roll:

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
he certainly drops his bundle if things dont go his way

pretty sore looser

get over it Joey, it wont be the last game that you lose

eelz47

Coach
stuff the arsehole, after a grand final loss do you see the losing team just run off the field?

MrT

Juniors
I'll never forget the night Joey got the record.....as JT was the only one with a smile on his face.

Joey has no class

eloquentEEL

First Grade
The stupid moron should've given the 2nd conversion to someone else in the first place so that he could break the record in Newcastle next week and maybe even have a chance of doing it in a winning performance.

eloquentEEL

First Grade
PS. Joey, maybe if you concentrated on footy for now and waited until AFTER your retirement to do commentary duties and turning cricket into a media circus, then maybe your own personal form wouldn't be so crap right about now

Agent Mulder

Bench
Sore Loser, No Class at all, Did you see him play his usual "Im Injured" Crap towards the end of the game when we were smashing the Knights all over the park?

Kornstar

Coach
You know a large majority of the crowd stood up and gave him a standing ovation and people stayed back to watch (Parra fans i might add) and the A$$HOLE walked off the field!!!!!

May be the greatest player to play the game but unfortunately also the greatest dick*ead aswell

V1er

Juniors
Such a lousy thing to do. he says he's sorry in the telegraph but thats just not good enough, very poor loser, taking the ball from JT would have only taken a short time.

scottyeel

Bench
A$$hole Joey. My wife and I both stood and clapped for him because he is a champion. We then waited 10 minutes after the game to see him get presented with the game ball instead of starting our 2 hour drive home.
Champion on the field.
Wanker off it.

eel4life

Juniors
To be a true champion you have to be gracious and humble in defeat, the gesture was there from parramatta as a sign of respect.

None of the greats from the past liked to loose, but they all knew deep down that being humble shows your true character, i have never liked johns and now definately i will not, get of you high horse buddy, and watch his brother defend him on the roast where johns should get roasted for his childish attitude.

Taylor is a class act, and he showed it all week and he showed it last night ...

strider

Post Whore
for the champion player that he is, he sure knows how to be a f**kin great sook .... they make excuses for him about being such a "competitor" etc - but its the same for everyone, no one likes losing, you just gotta take it in your stride and get on with things and show some class

CliffyIsGod

First Grade
He acted like a kid and completely disrespected everyone in the NRL with that performance. What a sook.

Well done to Parra on not just a great win, but going to the length of presentin g the ball to Johns. Well done to JT, and well done to Hayne.

RABK

Referee
Disgraceful if true.

I was unaware of any such planned presentation as i was saying goodbye to friends.

It's embarrassing for us.

scottyeel

Bench
Red and Blue Knight said:
Disgraceful if true.

I was unaware of any such planned presentation as i was saying goodbye to friends.

It's embarrassing for us.
They took the ball he kicked the goal with straight in the rooms and mounted it in a glass case. JT was standing out on the field waiting for him to come back out but he never showed.

RABK

Referee
Well thanks to the Parramatta club for arranging that. That shows a lot of respect. Also thanks to those fans that payed their respects to him as he slotted the record conversion.

As for Johns, i apologize for his behaviour. We defended him for not shaking hands with all the Dragons players when they thumped us but this is something else.

Grow up or retire Johns. I'd rather have a sh*t player with a little bit of modesty in him then have an absolute champion with a ton of arrogance.