What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Joey Johns and his walk off.

RABK

Referee
JessEel said:
i was gunna clap you for this RK

but you've taken a turn for the crap in your last couple of posts, so [-(

I was speaking to a guy today who works for the knights and he said the parramatta organised the game ball presentation and DID NOT INFORM NEWCASTLE, so the first Joey heard of it was as he was walking past JT and the ball.... mind you, he could've stopped! ..

Its not like JT is just another:

I beg your pardon. Whoosh, there goes my argument over your head.

I criticized Johns for his appaling behaviour on Saturday night, my defence of him was in regards to things like hanging around out the back of the sheds after the game.

And who said your quote about the Knights not knowing?

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
i don't have to tell you who told me:lol:!!, but i will say that its someone fairly high up in the club's organistation.

and hun, i know what you were saying, i was just drawing a comparison in how you say Joey should be able to treat fans, and how he treated JT!!

now, be a nice boy, or i'll have a word in a certain young female parra fan's ear about you! ;-)

RABK

Referee
Lol she already knows i'm a bum.

JT got the last laugh anyway, though i'm sure Joey will send him a signed copy of the 2001 GF one day. :p

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
no worries, JT will show Joey his Ken Stephens Award from the same year! ;-)

RABK

Referee
Oh come on, that's almost as bad as the amco cup argument the sharks have! :LOL:

I'll leave now.... :(

Parra Guru

Coach
C'mon RABK, I've been there after the games, not hounding him for anything, but seeing him trying to sneak out behind the trucks, and telling little kids "I'll be back in a minute" only to run off and grab a sandwich.

stuke

Bench
The Colonel said:
***cough*** bullsh*t ***cough***

i've got the same cough as you Colonel!

it was in the papers on Saturday, so even i knew about it.

they don't preplan the MOM awards but he always seems to have time to stop for those. :)

Hellsy

Immortal
:LOL: :LOL:
DK looks pretty forlorn
DK.jpg

Caption:
SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA - JULY 8: Damien Kelly, the Eels media manager, waits as Andrew Johns fails to attend the presentation for breaking the all-time point-scoring record during the round 18 NRL match between the Parramatta Eels and the Newcastle Knights at Parramatta Stadium July 8, 2006 in Sydney, Australia.

Poor Poor form from Joey Johns, don't know that I expected him to act like a decent person for the evening so I can't say I was disappointed personally. But I am disappointed for our Club that made the effort and was shot down because he wasn't happy with his and his teams performance on the night.
Shows who are the bigger people in this incident, and I sure am glad it was Parra, I'd take all of our on field messups and off field indiscretions as opposed to having Joey represent our club.
Timmy... time to find a new person to use as your role model... or at least focus just on the footy he plays and not the person he is

Hurriflatch

Referee
Johns knew that the ball was to be presented

A quote from Johns himself in the RLW

"I know the game ball was there to be taken but I was that devestated I just wanted to get in the sheds"

Parra Guru

Coach
Hurriflatch said:
Johns knew that the ball was to be presented

A quote from Johns himself in the RLW

"I know the game ball was there to be taken but I was that devestated I just wanted to get in the sheds"

Perhaps he would have come out if this was on offer:

dummy.jpg

Hurriflatch

Referee
There was a great letter to the editior in the RLW

saying

"If there is a planned presentation at the Knights home game next week they better do it before the game as if the Knights lose they won't be able to find Johns after the match"

Nikki said:
I just dont get his problem. Yes as a team we wiped them all over the park. But he has just received one of the greatest personal honours someone could ever acheive. And I doubt there will be another player great enough to break his record. TBH, I dont give a f**k about the bloke. Never have, never will. I do feel for the Newcastle supporters who made the trek down, pre-emting that last nights game would be the one he would do it in. How fans can support an arrogant little boy (he is not a man) like that is beyond me. He is a bad role model to all the kids that support Rugby League and its time that he falls off his pedestool that the head honchos in the NRL have him on...

Actually i've heard that if Hazem El Mazri keeps scoring points at his current average he could take the record in another 5-7 years

Mr Saab

Referee
The EELiminator said:
Actually i've heard that if Hazem El Mazri keeps scoring points at his current average he could take the record in another 5-7 years

EL masri is 30, he wont be playing till 35-37.
Still, if Johns retires next yr and elmasri plays until 2008/9 then he has a chance to break it

Hurriflatch said:
thought it was more like 3 years not 5
either way it can't come soon enough for me go hard hazem wipe that whining baby's name off the record books! same goes for you jarryd hehe