What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Joey Johns????

The Preacher

First Grade
Sir Knight82 said:
I'd be suprised if he didnt play the anzac test and origin.

Touring will depend on how he handles the year.

And why shouldn't he ??? He is the best footballer in the world. If he's available he'll be picked.;-)

At this stage of his career and his ongoing injuries that he has to manage I think its time for him to put his rep career to bed sooner rather then later.

Will miss him in the sky blue though.

I think its time for Australia to move on quite frankly.

We cant afford to take a halfback into the Tri Nations that has broken down so many times nearing the end of the season. We need someone who can get in and has the ability to play the entire competition.

I think a lot depends on the Origin series and if Queensland decide to go for another stop gap measure in the halves....or pick for players. But I would like to maybe see two new Origin halves combo's on both sides fighting it out for the Australian 6 and 7 jerseys.

Steelers4eva

Juniors
nospam49™ said:

We cant afford to take a halfback into the Tri Nations that has broken down so many times nearing the end of the season. We need someone who can get in and has the ability to play the entire competition.

I think a lot depends on the Origin series and if Queensland decide to go for another stop gap measure in the halves....or pick for players. But I would like to maybe see two new Origin halves combo's on both sides fighting it out for the Australian 6 and 7 jerseys.

Can't argue with that LF. Be good to see what some of these young blokes have got. Although I must admit I'd love to see him stick it to the toad f*ckers and sheep shaggers this year.

garfunkel

Juniors
nospam49&#8482 said:

But I would like to maybe see two new Origin halves combo's on both sides fighting it out for the Australian 6 and 7 jerseys.

Who would be the new blood you would like to see in those positions?

No No No Joey will play origin if he is fit and is picked, he may play in the anzac test if he is jumping out of his skin fit but he reckons thats unlikely. The tri series is emphatic, no!!

ali

Bench
Sir Knight82 said:
I'd be suprised if he didnt play the anzac test and origin.

Touring will depend on how he handles the year.

There is no touring this year. The Tri Nations is in Australia and NZ!

knights 2004

Juniors
pretty sure its written in his contract that he has to quit rep footy after origin 06, and if he wants to prolong club footy like he says, he definatley should quit rep footy then

Coaster

Bench
Once again he makes a mockery of Test selection!

Why should he be picked for Origin if he is unavailable for Test ???

I thought there was a law against this??

The Preacher

First Grade
curious said:
Once again he makes a mockery of Test selection!

Why should he be picked for Origin if he is unavailable for Test ???

I thought there was a law against this??

I thought there was a law against the Canetoads picking Kumuls and Kiwis:?

Origin is picked by state selectors, not national selectors. It isn't a trial game, it's the best against the best, you pick whoever you think is going to do the job.

bluesbreaker

Bench
nospam49™ said:
But I would like to maybe see two new Origin halves combo's on both sides fighting it out for the Australian 6 and 7 jerseys.

Maybe i'm misreading here, but are you seriously suggesting Johns be robbed of his Origin farewell? If this is the case, the stupid ideas of the Pommy spastics on rlfans.com has rubbed off on you freaky my son.

Stranger

Coach
In his contract he states that he has to retire from rep footy after this years SOO....

Anzac test before SOO? there is your answer...