What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Joey LIVE again - Hull vs Warrington

lockyno1

Post Whore
In-goal said:
funny that his brother who was NRL leading scorerer couldn't

Which brother! Ben was the one who was the lkeading pointscorer, he did it for Manly.

ali

Bench
Ben Walker got cut by Leeds after 2 seasons. I think he even spent time in reserve grade. He sucked.

ali said:
Ben Walker got cut by Leeds after 2 seasons. I think he even spent time in reserve grade. He sucked.

It's just the players around him at Manly and Souths make him look good... Seeing they've been so ordinary.

Sheddy

Juniors
Raider_69 said:
looking forward to the shock headlines "Johns MOTM again"

Please! sub par comp, with mostly sub par players, and sub par teams, it will surprise only the dunces that he will carve it up again... as would any Australian international

Dont talk crap, what did Johns do that was so special vs Leeds? He was playing behind a very dominant pack and a Leeds team that havent won in four (which is the first time they have lost as many in a row since 1996, this shows how poor they're playing). He didnt deserve the MOM but it was obvious from day 1 he was going to get it. If he had been sat on his backside in the stands I've no doubt he would have got it. Apart from the odd kick and a drop goal he didnt show his 'best player in the world' tag.

One things for sure he got Warrington fired up!

gunnamatta bay

Referee
Agreed. I watched the game. He played pretty good but not that good. I think he will improve though. Remember he virtually just got off a plane, a trip he undertook the day after a hard game in which he suffered some form of injury. He was limping noticeably during the St George game but the injury was kept pretty quiet afterward. The Wolves officals would have seen that and must have been worried.

Was he playing on needles against Leeds? Who knows.

Raider_69 said:
looking forward to the shock headlines "Johns MOTM again"

Please! sub par comp, with mostly sub par players, and sub par teams, it will surprise only the dunces that he will carve it up again... as would any Australian international

Are you insuating that Kimmorley or Gower would be able to single handedly turn a team on the slide around, that his never met or played with after being with them for 3-4 days after having a minor shin injury.

And ur also saying that any front rower, winger, fullback, back rower ect could do what Joey's done.

If you are then your a dumbf**k R69!

Dennis Moran almost won the player of the year award in SL once.

SL IS that bad.

Once Joey settles in....he will tear them to shreds.

ESL - Wire

Juniors
Sheddy said:
Dont talk crap, what did Johns do that was so special vs Leeds? He was playing behind a very dominant pack and a Leeds team that havent won in four (which is the first time they have lost as many in a row since 1996, this shows how poor they're playing). He didnt deserve the MOM but it was obvious from day 1 he was going to get it. If he had been sat on his backside in the stands I've no doubt he would have got it. Apart from the odd kick and a drop goal he didnt show his 'best player in the world' tag.

One things for sure he got Warrington fired up!

Don't worry mate, he hasn't a brain to post, i have shot that kid down many times. He tries to post facts but overall it's just made up bs, at least he tries though...............A for effort?

ESL - Wire

Juniors
nospam49™ said:
Dennis Moran almost won the player of the year award in SL once.

SL IS that bad.

Once Joey settles in....he will tear them to shreds.

No he didn't, he scored the most tries in one season, that was the only award he got. He did all the work for London, as they were known as a one man team, don't recall him being nominated.

You shouldn't be so ignorant, if i remember you were gloating about the cricket on RLFANS, saying England would get smashed up by the aussies, just like the captain Ponting said..........oh and what happened the no.1 ranked team in the world got beat, pretty easily.

ESL - Wire

Juniors
Did he get an award? nope

almost means nothing..........you should know that. Just like you are with the British fans who were claiming they almost beat the aussies in three tight matches in 2003, but you continually claimed the aussies despite winning by two points or with a extra man throughout the game were light years ahead.

So i will say again did Moran get the award? the answer is no, you're an amateur wanting to make it big.
I'd stick with RLFANS, you don't have much competition over there, over here you're a nobody.

Alan Shore

First Grade
I can't believe the favouritism and sycophants surrounding Johns. He shouldn't play this year's Tri Nations.

coldhardbitch

Juniors
Leeds were outplayed, and are in a form slump at the wrong end of the season. they need to pull themselves together or they won't win the comp.

The bulls look red hot at the moment and will be hard to topple. Adding Morley to their pack will add a little more and i predict a grand final for the bulls.

Saints also look unstoppable, but with an injury to Long, they could be vulnerable. I think Joey's Warrington will fall a little short due to the class of his opposition in Super League

jed

First Grade
coldhardbitch said:
I think Joey's Warrington will fall a little short due to the class of his opposition in Super League
I think you're right - they beat Leeds, who were missing a few key players, and are down on form, having lost the previous 3 games. Wires opposition this week, Hull, have been hot & cold the last 2 months, but at home could grind out a hard fought win.

innsaneink

Referee
ESL Wire:

I saw a banner in the crowd or a sign somewhere saying "Joey is a wire" or similar...wtf? :|
--------------------------------------------

I love getting up early on a sunday morning to watch live footy from the old dart, always been the Roos, usualy in the offseason... novel to watch an aussie in a club team, novel for me anyhow....the young fella even joined me last w/end.

Just hate it when its over....7am wide awake on a sunday morning, notmuch to dothen.