What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Joey risks his future

bluesbreaker

Bench
Charlie Saab said:
provan summons is voted on by the fans...it is a popularity contest.

Yes, of course it's a popularity contest. What makes him have so many fans? His looks? His charisma (being barely able to speak in front of a camera)? :lol: It's because he's a top player, considered the best by the most significant majority of people since, i'd imagine, Wally Lewis.

You see, people like you, you're in the MINORITY, because you let your own jealousy/hatred/whatever it is cloud your judgement of the way he plays. You can't fault his game, so you try to undermine the awards in which he's received. If the roles were reversed, and Lockyer was winning all the awards on his own merit, you'd be talking about how well deserved they are.

Edit: Sorry, another paragraph got cut off somehow...

If Lockyer was the most dominant player around, and was as consistent as Andrew Johns, and didn't have the faults in his game that he does etc etc... Guess i'm saying if Darren Lockyer was Andrew Johns, and Johns was Lockyer, no one would be crying about this crap that you people bring up in every post. Just accept that he gets his accolades because he's a freak of a player, every bit as good as any other legend of the game.

perverse

Referee
Charlie Saab said:
read where i said 30 degree in australia...see where i said fly them to australia.
my mistake, sifting through your posts gives my brain herpes and my genitals concussion at the best of times.

stating that the comp over there is worse than the NRL in terms of quality is a given fact. saying that it's a "mickey mouse comp" (hahahahha that still cracks me up) is arrogent and pathetic. yes they're behind us, but not as far as you'd think. they also play a completely different style of football. different conditions for joey, different competition to conquer.

Raider_69

Post Whore
bluesbreaker said:
He wins his Provan Summons because he's the best player in the world. He wins his Dally M awards because he plays awesome almost every game.

You guys on here can see through the media circus around Johns and see what he really is, right? :lol: Please Raiduh, even with your hatred of the man, you can't honestly be serious with some of the things you say, right?

All his accolades are plastic, he's not the best player of his generation, he's not going to be an immortal, and he's not carving up all and sundry since his return from his jaw injury. It's all the media bias that are making up his unbelievable statistics etc etc :lol:

It's getting really old man, do yourself a favour and step out of any debated relating to Johns, it just makes you look ignorant.

And as for stroking his 'ego', was Wally stroking his ego when he did the same thing? IF Johns goes over to the Super League and helps win the comp, there's another thing you can add to your 'this never happened to Wally'... A picture of Andrew Johns as an ESL premiership winning player. :lol:

Nothing ive said about johns is false, he is over rated by the media, that has won him at least 1 of his so called Dally M's, he does win the Provan Summons of the back of the newcastle vote and if he wins the ESL GF it will plastic as he didnt in the hard yards that the other have.

i am taking myself out of this debate, as ive proved my point and its become a waste of time arguing the point with people who have their so far up joeys arse we cant tell here they begin and he ends. So you can continue to get owned by Sabb and co.

Good luck bluesbreaker, you'll need it, your pushing sh*t up a hill in this one, your way behind on points. But to your credit you keep fighting... admirable but stupid... sums you and well the entire johns love in fraternity up nicely

Mr Saab

Referee
blues...

for you information Johns is the best player in the world. I am not going to argue that fact as it would be pointless. Johns has proved time and again how great a player he is. Having said that, i dont need a bunch of galahs from newcastle who put 1000000000 votes for Johns in the Provan Summons category to prove that fact. It is a popularity contest and is not an indicator either way.
Johns' play on the football field is the indicator.
Jason Taylor won the Rothmans in 1996, but no way was he the best player in the comp in 1996. Awards can sometimes be clouded.

Mr Saab

Referee
perverse said:
my mistake, sifting through your posts gives my brain herpes and my genitals concussion at the best of times.

stating that the comp over there is worse than the NRL in terms of quality is a given fact. saying that it's a "mickey mouse comp" (hahahahha that still cracks me up) is arrogent and pathetic. yes they're behind us, but not as far as you'd think. they also play a completely different style of football. different conditions for joey, different competition to conquer.

not as far as i think? Go and talk to Phil Gould and he will tell you how far behind they are. I have heard him have debates on the topic.

different style alright...they are poor.
different competition? it would be like beating a bunch of 10 yr olds in backyard footy

bluesbreaker

Bench
I don't even love Joey, I think he's a freak of a player, and I love watching him play, but it's nothing to do with him playing for Newcastle. If he was a Bronco i'd still love the way the guy plays. I liked Locky as a fullback, a shame he's so average at 5/8th.

As for me being stupid, :lol:, what's a good measure of intelligence to you? Money? Success in life? Academic results? Sporting talent? Life experiences? Forming coherant sentences? :lol: I reckon i've got you beat on all counts, Raiduh.

~bedsy~

First Grade
Charlie Saab said:
blues...

for you information Johns is the best player in the world. I am not going to argue that fact as it would be pointless. Johns has proved time and again how great a player he is. Having said that, i dont need a bunch of galahs from newcastle who put 1000000000 votes for Johns in the Provan Summons category to prove that fact. It is a popularity contest and is not an indicator either way.
Jason Taylor won the Rothmans in 1996, but no way was he the best player in the comp in 1996. Awards can sometimes be clouded.

I agree with you there.... probebly the first time I ever have.
The Proven Summons is a popularity contest. However he is popluar because of how good he is.
FYI I voted for Lockyer last yr, not all of us are "galahs" mate.

bluesbreaker

Bench
Charlie Saab said:
blues...

Have you any proof that it's Newcastle people doing it? Nope, didn't think so. Another assumption. I've never voted for it, I don't know anyone who ever has. Using your logic, this must mean that NO ONE in Newcastle is voting :lol:.

However, i'm glad you can admit he's a freak. BUT you're still trying to argue that, even though he is far and away the best player in the world, and has been for a considerable amount of time, his accolades aren't deserved? Because that's what you're saying by undermining the credibility of the award.

The facts are, he deserves everything he gets, he's just that good.

Mr Saab

Referee
bluesbreaker said:
I don't even love Joey, I think he's a freak of a player, and I love watching him play, but it's nothing to do with him playing for Newcastle. If he was a Bronco i'd still love the way the guy plays. I liked Locky as a fullback, a shame he's so average at 5/8th.

As for me being stupid, :lol:, what's a good measure of intelligence to you? Money? Success in life? Academic results? Sporting talent? Life experiences? Forming coherant sentences? :lol: I reckon i've got you beat on all counts, Raiduh.

if he is sooooo average at 5/8 then how do you explain brisbane being on top of the comp. Allegedly the broncos have an "average" halfback too.....thus explain how they are on top? Must be because of Scott Minto and Dane Carlaw!

I didnt call you stupid so dont bring me into this.

Green Machine

First Grade
Razor said:
Knowing if he did he wouldn't be able to play for Australia for a potentially long period of time. Johns is choosing to play for Warrington knowing he could miss only ONE test.

Why would it have been a very long time out of international football for Ricky Stuart considering the New Zealand, French and RFL had already signed up to Super League? Why would it have been long time when Packer cut a deal with News Ltd 12 months later?

Again, I don’t know why you are questioning me over Andrew Johns playing a few games for Warrington. Have I said I’m against it?

bluesbreaker

Bench
On Topic:

Johns has provided valuable service to the Australian jersey. Missing one game to play in a grand final doesn't mean he's not loyal to Australian Rugby League, it means this might be his only chance to play in a grand final, why the hell should he miss out on it? Mickey Mouse competition or not, this will be the best publicity injection for the ESL, and that is far and away more productive than a singular match against the Ram Rooters. It will be BETTER for Rugby League IF Warrington make and win the grand final then if Joey leads Australia to another flogging of the Kiwis.

I simply don't see what the problem is.

Mr Saab

Referee
bluesbreaker said:
However, i'm glad you can admit he's a freak. BUT you're still trying to argue that, even though he is far and away the best player in the world, and has been for a considerable amount of time, his accolades aren't deserved? Because that's what you're saying by undermining the credibility of the award.

The facts are, he deserves everything he gets, he's just that good.

i might not like A Johns, but i am a realist and not THAT naive. I know he is the best player in the world.
As for the awards, all i was talking about was the Prov/Summ award, nothing else in relation to A Johns. All i said was that is was a popularity contest and it was backed up by a novocastrian in Bedsy on this page. That was my only point. The Prov/Summ award is not an indicator of being the best player in the world.

bluesbreaker

Bench
Charlie Saab said:
if he is sooooo average at 5/8 then how do you explain brisbane being on top of the comp. Allegedly the broncos have an "average" halfback too.....thus explain how they are on top? Must be because of Scott Minto and Dane Carlaw!

I didnt call you stupid so dont bring me into this.

Obviously I was talking to Raiduh mate :p, I don't have an opinion on your intelligence levels really, i'm sure you're a smart enough guy! :D

bluesbreaker

Bench
Provan Summons is as good an indicator as any other award. When you combine it with everything else he consistently wins, it's very hard to make a case against him being one of the greats. I UNDERSTAND THAT CHARLIE SAAB HAS NOT ARGUED THIS, THIS IS MORE FOR RAIDUH. You don't have to worry about it dude :p

Mr Saab

Referee
its a moot argument really, but i dont agree on the prov/summs as an indicator. We will never agree so i will drop it.

What is also so disappointing, is that there are so many players out there that would kill for an Australian jersey, yet Johns will say no to it for a short stint in England. If he doesn't want it, there will be another player even more hungry for an opportunity, and I'm sure they wouldn't take it for granted.

Furthermore, seeing people say Johns is one of the greats, and is possibly the best player in the world, isn't it a poor image to give young developing players who look up to him? The one's which dream to play for Australia? Now there is apparently something better, more important to aspire to according to Johns.

bluesbreaker

Bench
JoeysChiropractor said:
What is also so disappointing, is that there are so many players out there that would kill for an Australian jersey, yet Johns will say no to it for a short stint in England. If he doesn't want it, there will be another player even more hungry for an opportunity, and I'm sure they wouldn't take it for granted.

Furthermore, seeing people say Johns is one of the greats, and is possibly the best player in the world, isn't it a poor image to give young developing players who look up to him? The one's which dream to play for Australia? Now there is apparently something better, more important to aspire to according to Johns.

And with a name like yours, obviously you're unbiased and can fairly appraise Joey... "possibly"... :lol: There goes that thought.

knights 2004

Juniors
if johns is creating the media stir over in england that matty alluded to on tonights footy show, if andrew goes over there and keeps creating major publicity (something the english game never gets) it will roll on to the tri nations and then it could end up being really really good for the publicity of the international game

Misty Bee

First Grade
Raiders dickheads still claiming Ricky Stuart didn't turn his bac on his country, despite this conversation between him and Ken Arthurson.

ARKO: Ricky, we will make you test captain. You will captain your country in the World Cup, and 3 tests v New Zealand this year.

RICKY: NO. I'd rather have the $$$$.

Then all of a sudden Raider IQ 65 has massive feelings of sorrow for Nat Wood, the bloke he never even knew before tonight, who has had a career of being dropped for players scuch as Adrian Lam.

Misty Bee

First Grade
Besides, Australian Traitor League played no international matches in 1995. Stuart shunned his country for the money PERMANENTLY.

Latest posts