What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Joey risks his future

bluesbreaker

Bench
Charlie Saab said:
dominate?????????
what... riding the coat tails of the team that got to the playoffs??????????
"step back guys...i am joey johns and i will lead the wolves to the GF.....thanks for getting this far but i will take over from here" :roll:
Johns plays 3 games in ESL and he has done it all.
why doesnt he quit the knights and play a full season over there and then he can say he has done it all.

You'd like that, just so Lockyer can dominate again... Remember what happens every time Joey is injured, someone else steps up to the plate to play more consistently, and better, than Lockyer :).

IF Johns goes over there and wins the Super League Grand Final (I personally don't think it'll happen), it will be solely on the back of him changing the team, Warrington have _no_ chance without him... It's like saying the Sharks could win our comp this year... Arguing otherwise just goes to show how little attention you've payed to the Super League.

God, ignore your jealousy and hatred for the next immortal and just enjoy the way he plays. If Lockyer went over to the Super League to win a premiership, no one would be having a cry about it.

As for your other idiotic post from like 10 pages ago that I missed, defending the indefensible again? What, pray tell, has Andrew Johns EVER done that's 'indefensible'... Made jokes about a young lady getting raped? Please, get over your sour grapes, it's just pathetic.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Raider_69 said:
Why not?
If he is gonna place a Mickey Mouse premiership game he cares f**k all about ahead of playing for his country then why should we grant him that honour again after he has thrown it back in our faces and spat on it for good measure?
We got no shortage of blokes itching to have the honour of playing for this great country. People who would cherrish wearing the Green and Gold, why should their dreams be dashed for a bloke who clearly couldnt care less about playing for his country
He clearly couldn't care less about playing for his country hey??? And how do u know that, well u don't. U'r just jumping to ur own little conclusions. Just because he wants to win a premiership in the ESL, when their GF just happens to clash with the first game of the tri-series, does not decrease what he thinks of the Aussie jumper. I'm sure he holds it in the highest regard, but the NRL, with their sh!thouse scheduling, put the TS opener on the same day. This isn't his fault.

I'll put this to u, if he didnt have to choose between Warrington and Australia, say the games were a week apart, we wouldn't be having this discussion, no-one would care about the fact he went over to England for a stint and then came back.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Razor said:
Once again you say this, but once again you keep saying that SL players who said that they didn't give a sh*t if they played for Australia or not, and signed with a rival organisation knowing they won't be playing for Australia, should have still been picked in the future. When I said in 1998 when the merger happened that SL players should be banned for life from rep football all these SL fans like said they should still be picked, and if they didn't want to play in some tests that was their decision. Now it's suddenly not their decision?

fine, if want to go this direction, then lets go.
The players didnt sign onto Super League knowing they would for go rep selection. ARL pushed that onto them after they had already signed legally binding contracts. A scenerio i already covered back in Page 7-8 of this thread.

They also had Super League tests and always had planed to have them, hence they knew that even if the ARL wouldnt let them represent, thats right, they were willing to play but we not allowed. They would still be able to represent this country. And again they missed club games to take this honour on. Johns is for going an honour to play a Mickey Mouse game he cares about as much for as i do for Johns in person.... ill give ya the tip, its not much.

100% TOTALLY Different circumstances. So argue the point, dont talk sh*t.

bluesbreaker

Bench
Hahahaha, SL has no relevance? Riiiiiggghhhhtttt. It WASN'T about loyalty afterall! You clowns :lol:

I guess it doesn't have relevance in the same way that TBA Carroll, cutie and Thorn turned their back on the Ram Rooter jersey (in the hopes of) playing for QLD and Australia. :lol:

Raider_69

Post Whore
Jobdog said:
He clearly couldn't care less about playing for his country hey??? And how do u know that, well u don't. U'r just jumping to ur own little conclusions. Just because he wants to win a premiership in the ESL, when their GF just happens to clash with the first game of the tri-series, does not decrease what he thinks of the Aussie jumper. I'm sure he holds it in the highest regard, but the NRL, with their sh!thouse scheduling, put the TS opener on the same day. This isn't his fault.

I'll put this to u, if he didnt have to choose between Warrington and Australia, say the games were a week apart, we wouldn't be having this discussion, no-one would care about the fact he went over to England for a stint and then came back.

IMO by placing a Mickey Mouse ESL GF he cares f**k all about ahead of playing for and maybe captaining his country, shows his disregard for the Australian jersey.

But they did schedule it then and Johns knows this. It is his fault as by signing the contract he knew full well what he was getting myself into. And he must now accept the consequences of his actions.

Mr Saab

Referee
Lockyer hasnt and wouldnt go to SL and MISS a test match...remember now, the the debate is all about MISSING a test match.
I dont care that he is playing in england...good luck to him and i hope he kills it over there. But the whole 11 pages of crap debate is about him missing a test match to play a mickey mouse game.
Lockyer made a joke...sure...it was wrong.
Johns has not caused a problem on a plane with drunken behaviour? I remember well documented dramas of that. Plenty of drinking and threw up.
Fighting with BK in a public place.
I can get picky tooo ball breaker.....but to be honest, i couldnt care less what a player does off the field (as long as its nothing toooo bloody stupid)

no one played better than lockyer when Johns was away.

Note SAAB and Kiwi shut up the 2nd you mention Lockyer making fun of a young womans rape allegations and about the bulldogs.

Which was without a doubt the moment that many people totally lost respect for him as a person.

bluesbreaker

Bench
Actually Raiduh, i've got a question for you...

I was digging around on some old posts, and I came across one where you and some bulldogs fan was claiming your cousin dated Andrew Johns at one stage? Can you PM me her name please? I'd be very curious if i've seen her before or not.

Thanks

Mr Saab

Referee
Knight82 said:
Note SAAB and Kiwi shut up the 2nd you mention Lockyer making fun of a young womans rape allegations and about the bulldogs.

Which was without a doubt the moment that many people totally lost respect for him as a person.

is that all you have? to turn this back onto lockyer?
Show you have nothing.
The player you want as captain of this wonderful country is tossing up whether he will play or not....mickey mouse game or country.
Johns will never captain australia ever again.

Charlie Saab said:
Lockyer made a joke...sure...it was wrong. - Damn right
Johns has not caused a problem on a plane with drunken behaviour? I remember well documented dramas of that. Plenty of drinking and threw up. - Got drunk and threw up better lock 90% of the people on this forum.
Fighting with BK in a public place. - And knifes and baseball bats where used as well.......

Saab = Mr know nothing.

bluesbreaker

Bench
Charlie Saab said:
Lockyer hasnt and wouldnt go to SL and MISS a test match...remember now, the the debate is all about MISSING a test match.
I dont care that he is playing in england...good luck to him and i hope he kills it over there. But the whole 11 pages of crap debate is about him missing a test match to play a mickey mouse game.
Lockyer made a joke...sure...it was wrong.
Johns has not caused a problem on a plane with drunken behaviour? I remember well documented dramas of that. Plenty of drinking and threw up.
Fighting with BK in a public place.
I can get picky tooo ball breaker.....but to be honest, i couldnt care less what a player does off the field (as long as its nothing toooo bloody stupid)

no one played better than lockyer when Johns was away.

At the very least, Buderus, Finch, Fittler, Orford and Kimmorley all had better years last year than Lockyer.

I agree about the off-field stuff too, it doesn't impact on a player on the field at all, my question would be why you brought it up if you yourself don't care? Just as another excuse to try to bash the great man :).

As for the Kennedy thing, nothing happened at all, I wasn't there personally, but a good friend (and Knights player - Michael Young) was, and it wasn't even an argument, let alone a fight.

And what the f**k, this Mickey Mouse cliche, stop saying it in every post, it's getting annoying :p

Mr Saab

Referee
Knight82 said:
Saab = Mr know nothing.

so now you quote things i never said.....you really are pathetic.
Go and enter in the data on the computer...you are falling behind.

Raider_69

Post Whore
bluesbreaker said:
Actually Raiduh, i've got a question for you...

I was digging around on some old posts, and I came across one where you and some bulldogs fan was claiming your cousin dated Andrew Johns at one stage? Can you PM me her name please? I'd be very curious if i've seen her before or not.

Thanks

:lol: searching my posts, would of taken a while. And they say i have no life.

But no i dont wish to devolve the name of my cousin. She passed away a touch over a year ago due to cancer. Even resting peacefully, she has a right to her privacy. I know the old "your full of sh*t" line will come up, which doesnt concern me. I couldnt care less who believes me.

Mr Saab

Referee
bluesbreaker said:
At the very least, Buderus, Finch, Fittler, Orford and Kimmorley all had better years last year than Lockyer.

I agree about the off-field stuff too, it doesn't impact on a player on the field at all, my question would be why you brought it up if you yourself don't care? Just as another excuse to try to bash the great man :).

As for the Kennedy thing, nothing happened at all, I wasn't there personally, but a good friend (and Knights player - Michael Young) was, and it wasn't even an argument, let alone a fight.

And what the f**k, this Mickey Mouse cliche, stop saying it in every post, it's getting annoying :p

finch???????? please.
so who comes 2nd in the dally Ms as voted by Paul Kent, KArl De Kroo, Dean Ritchie, James Hooper and Ray Chesterton. That'll do me.
Kimmorley?? where did the sharks finish last yr? how many games did he play?

you are the one that brought up he rapist joke (off field incident) not me.

Mockey mouse...mickey mouse...mickey mouse......................mickey mouse

bluesbreaker

Bench
Raider_69 said:
:lol: searching my posts, would of taken a while. And they say i have no life.

But no i dont wish to devolve the name of my cousin. She passed away a touch over a year ago due to cancer. Even resting peacefully, she has a right to her privacy. I know the old "your full of sh*t" line will come up, which doesnt concern me. I couldnt care less who believes me.

My condolences, however, I wasn't digging up YOUR posts, I was looking through posts about Lockyer vs Johns, good job jumping to conclusions though :).

Raider_69

Post Whore
Well i recall that was long ago, and in the dogs forum from memory so the only concludsion was that you searched my posts... should have known it would of taken longer that than ;-)

perverse

Referee
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaHAHAHAAHAHAHHHHHHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
*deep breath*

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

what is this MICKEY MOUSE comp bullsh*t? is this the new slang that morons use to describe the ESL? why is it that the ESL teams almost ALWAYS win the world club challenge then?

curious to see the fecal matter dribble out your mouths on this one...

joey has been quoted nearly his whole career saying he'd love to play in england, in an ESL grand final. it is the final thing he is to accomplish in his career. as we have already established, there are precedents on this already.. not exact same situation, but the same principle. and we're all for talking about morals in this thread arnt we? joey, even if he misses the first tri-nations match, is 10x the leader that lockyer will ever be.

this is such a non-issue anyway - if this situation even becomes an issue in the first place (wolves still have to make the GF) then we all know what will happen. joey will sit out the first match, and come back in the second and represent his country with the same pride and honour that he always has. whether he will get the captaincy back or not is debatable (as we've seen), however it doesn't matter who has (c) on their name, we all know who will run the show once they take the field.

Razor

Coach
He didn’t pick to play for Canberra over Australia. He chose to play for the Raiders over Manly or the Roosters.

Knowing if he did he wouldn't be able to play for Australia for a potentially long period of time. Johns is choosing to play for Warrington knowing he could miss only ONE test.

bluesbreaker

Bench
Charlie Saab said:
finch???????? please.
so who comes 2nd in the dally Ms as voted by Paul Kent, KArl De Kroo, Dean Ritchie, James Hooper and Ray Chesterton. That'll do me.
Kimmorley?? where did the sharks finish last yr? how many games did he play?

you are the one that brought up he rapist joke (off field incident) not me.

Mockey mouse...mickey mouse...mickey mouse......................mickey mouse

Finch played excellent last year, you can't deny that... I don't think he's better than Lockyer, Lockyer just did NOT play good last year. Rib injuries or something was the excuse I believe? Broncos getting bundled out of the finals again is as relevant as your Sharks one.

Latest posts