What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

joey should retire

Johns-All-Day

Juniors
knighty said:
mellieze, you have stated twice that im being negative,then you tell me wat there is to be positive about.no johns, no perry, no wins, no sponsor, no leagues club, no money.jesus you goose wake the f**ck up!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

What is that supposed to be? Spot the odd one out?! Having no Josh Perry doesn't exactly rank as highly devastating as the others. Oh knighty. Nighty night to you.

pegson said:
cwb u dope read and try to understand what i said. These Admins and Mods need to be looked at arnt they suppose to set a good example and keep things in order. u guys are like a f***ed ref who cant keep the teams apart.
And as a forum member, there are rules to be followed. Making racist comments is hardly abiding by the rules. Ditto to the swearing that kept appearing in this thread despite a warning.

Ben

Bench
Newcastle Knights captain Andrew Johns has dismissed speculation that he will announce his retirement after suffering a broken jaw in yesterday's loss to the New Zealand Warriors in Newcastle.
http://www.abc.net.au/sport/content/200504/s1347150.htm

pegson

Juniors
damn well lets hope he uses his time on the sideline well than maybe teaching if he can some new player some league tactics or something atleast that will benifit the knights in the future.

Misanthrope

Staff member
damn well lets hope he uses his time on the sideline well than maybe teaching if he can some new player some league tactics or something atleast that will benifit the knights in the future.

That's what he did during his extended stint on the sideline last year. He groomed Kurt Gidley to replace him as Newcastle halfback.

antonius

Coach
Johns-All-Day said:
knighty said:
mellieze, you have stated twice that im being negative,then you tell me wat there is to be positive about.no johns, no perry, no wins, no sponsor, no leagues club, no money.jesus you goose wake the f**ck up!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

What is that supposed to be? Spot the odd one out?! Having no Josh Perry doesn't exactly rank as highly devastating as the others. Oh knighty. Nighty night to you.

pegson said:
cwb u dope read and try to understand what i said. These Admins and Mods need to be looked at arnt they suppose to set a good example and keep things in order. u guys are like a f***ed ref who cant keep the teams apart.
And as a forum member, there are rules to be followed. Making racist comments is hardly abiding by the rules. Ditto to the swearing that kept appearing in this thread despite a warning.
Knighty and Pegson have both been suspended from the forums for 2 weeks, and 4 weeks respectively.

Gidsgal

Juniors
I bet the Knights management are wishing they let him go now and kept Tia and BK, the managament can't be too happy at the moment, paying all that money to keep him just for him to get injured again, i agree, i think it is time that he considers retirement, he has been no where near his best this year, and then this again, he gets injured again, he hasn't finished a season since the 01 grand final, thats not good for the games #1 player is it.

Joey is a fantastic player, but i think it is time he considered giving up the game, before he does some permanent injuries to himself

Matt23

Staff member
It's a broken jaw, it's hardly an injury that will have lingering effects! FFS he'll be back training in 2 weeks

Johns Magic

Referee
Gidsgal said:
I bet the Knights management are wishing they let him go now and kept Tia and BK, the managament can't be too happy at the moment, paying all that money to keep him just for him to get injured again, i agree, i think it is time that he considers retirement, he has been no where near his best this year, and then this again, he gets injured again, he hasn't finished a season since the 01 grand final, thats not good for the games #1 player is it.

Joey is a fantastic player, but i think it is time he considered giving up the game, before he does some permanent injuries to himself

He has shown form this year, and what do you mean "permanent damage"? Everyone who plays footy is just as likely to incur "permanent damage" as he is.

Gidsgal

Juniors
Yeah, but lately in the past few years, it seems as if all he is good for is getting injured and sitting on the sidelines, he is probally gonna injure his butt one day from sitting down on the sidelines not doing anything cause thats all he seems to be doing lately

TooheysNew

Coach
Gidsgal said:
Yeah, but when was the last time he was 100% fit though, 2001!!!

A 60% fit Johns is still better than most of the players on the field. His ability to read the play, his ability to direct his players... neither of these are hampered because of a broken jaw.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Oh, THIS is precious

You're supposed to be a mod yet you come up with THIS masterpiece. Go get a dog up ya!

:lol: 'Get a Dog Up Ya' was the motto of my old college.

Latest posts