What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

John Bateman - worth a look?

Belta

Juniors
I thought Bateman was one of the in form back rowers last season. He is at the very least a like for like replacement for Frizzel. Not easy to find players of that calibre seldom do they become available. If we have 700 k from Friz we could afford 800k for Bateman. If not I’d be even happier for big cash to be spent on an outside back.

The mountain we need to climb to redeem respect is already very steep, it will only be made steeper IMO if our recruitment doesn’t upgrade or at the very least replace like for like.

BLM01

First Grade
Come on , worth 550-600k max.Wants 800k and we dont know how much the cap will drop.High risk.Justify the 600k on flicking the coach a year early !
Cap is not going to drop Denis. They have stated it will be 9.9mill next year. The new renegotiated TV deal has ensured this.
There is potentially a bit of cut for players this year becuase of loss of income....but the NRL did guarantee their salary till you guessed it May 31.

Last edited:

_Johnsy

Referee
Sorry Johnsy but I'm going to be like Muzby and ask where is Option A) in thebigredv's post?

A = 1.

Some prefer numerals when discussing options, personally I prefer letters, although I have used numbers previously. Although I am happy to use the authors system from this point onwards if it helps the good will of this forum.

John Tanious

Juniors
If Bateman is avialable we should be going for him because...
1. we have lost 2 rep back rowers now, and likely more forwards are going
2. we are competing with an equally incompetent coach in Pay, so for a change its an equal playing field.

If he prefers the Dogs over the Dragons it would be very telling and sad

jak

Bench
If Bateman is avialable we should be going for him because...
1. we have lost 2 rep back rowers now, and likely more forwards are going
2. we are competing with an equally incompetent coach in Pay, so for a change its an equal playing field.

If he prefers the Dogs over the Dragons it would be very telling and sad
welcome to the asylum john.