What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

John Cartwright

Titanic

First Grade
The relationship between the core playing group, the coach and Searle has to have a large influence on their attitude. I totally agree with comments on here stating that the pack plays soft ... last weekend was a case in point but only one of many. Hunger drives commitment and our team just doesn't have it ... time for a change as we keep letting quality youth slip through our fingers and the ones that stay are marking time or going backwards.

Danish

Referee
The titans have won 1 less game of footy than the knights, and everyone in the media is falling over themselves to tell us how much of an awesome darkhorse threat Newcastle are.

They have some critical injuries and will fall by the way side this year, but honestly they aren't going that much worse than plenty of sides in the comp

Coaster

Bench
We had 40 put on us from the Knights.
And we have had 28 tries scored against us in last 4 games.

Silent Knight

First Grade
The titans have won 1 less game of footy than the knights, and everyone in the media is falling over themselves to tell us how much of an awesome darkhorse threat Newcastle are.

They have some critical injuries and will fall by the way side this year, but honestly they aren't going that much worse than plenty of sides in the comp

There are two teams that the Sydney media have been fapping over the past few weeks.

And it's not Newcastle. I'll even give you a hint, the year 1908.

Titanic

First Grade
That was before the ad lib players all retired and he had to try and work out the meaning of game plan and structure ... that's proved to be a tad too difficult.

Lambretta

First Grade
Titans forwards ages:

Luke Bailey - 33
Ashley Harrison - 32
Mark Minichiello - 31
Luke O'Dwyer - 30
Greg Bird - 28
Nate Myles - 28
Luke Douglas - 27
Dave Taylor - 24 (25 next week)
Matt Srama - 22

Not seeing where you're seeing a pack that is too old. Your suggestions that they shouldn't have bought Taylor and should have sacked Douglas after 12 months are a bit bizarre. Minichiello is a depth player. Sacking him would have achieved nothing.

Frankly, there is nothing wrong with that pack in terms of either age or talent. It's 100% lack of application, and for that ultimately the buck stops with the coaches, and ultimately ultimately the head coach.

That's pretty much their best lot of forwards
All their younger players either haven't played or are fill ins for injuries

Taylor is lazy and I was thinking of O'Dwyer and said Douglas - my mistake

It's just me, but I wouldn't have bought Taylor and would have looked to replace some of the older players with some talented youngsters that are ready for regular first grade football.

The group are too settled and have been there a while. A faster turnover and talented, hungry younsters would see them pick their game up.

They're lazy because there's no competition for their spots.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Disappointed in the lack of development from James. Whether the coaching or player are to blame I don't know, but expected to see a bit more from him by now.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Disappointed in the lack of development from James. Whether the coaching or player are to blame I don't know, but expected to see a bit more from him by now.

I think injuries played a big part in that too. Thought he was gonna enjoy a similar rise to JWH but hasn't kicked on as of yet.

no name

Coach

He has been injured but I have always thought he has the enthusiasm of T-Rex and is always looking for short cuts.
Apparently he killed it in Q Cup on the weekend so hopefully he looks to put in the hard yards.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
The titans are building into a good side, just need some time - young halves with huge potential. Does not help that their two highest players are not playing - idris who is injured but was in brillant form and Taylor who is just a lazy waste of space. If those two players were playing and in form the titans would be a very hard side to beat and dare say a lot higher on the table.

God-King Dean

Immortal
Whoops, wouldn't have bumped the other thread if I'd seen this.

John+Cartwright+NRL+Rd+20+Titans+v+Broncos+TZF0EcWiq5Tl.jpg

_Johnsy

Referee
It's quite astonishing how much i hate the titans. I dont even know why i do, but i genuinely hate them, and want to see them do poorly... So no, i dont think its time to shine the light on Cartwright. In fact i think its time for an extension

Being a local, I had no real opinion of them, however that all changed in 2009.

The titans were playing souths & golden boy Zillman bit Jamie Simpson.

The GC Cpt, club coach & club CEO all came out & attacked Simpson in the media, the evidence was as clear as day. Yet the club chose to attack an opposition player, rather than make comment along the lines of "It's out of character for Zillman, he had a brain explosion, he's extremely remorseful, we do not condone that type of behaviour from any representative of our club & we will accept the punishment handed down", etc etc

An absolute scumbag club.

Yeah I hold a grudge.

Last edited:

Latest posts