What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

John Grant to Wests Tigers

super_coach

First Grade
Iam usually a little cynical about these sorts of signings, but just had a look at the highlight package on the official website, he looks very good

Tigerm

Coach
FFS guys (& gals), it is always a risk, he could be the best or the worst player ever to be signed, he wont be the last, that's what is great about footy, they are willing to test themselves & the clubs are willing to give them a try, as far as I know, there is no magic formular, in truth, did we all pick Benji to end up where he has. Be honest (the best player in the world), I didn't?
Let us hope this guy (or the next) is the best player ever to lace boots on & we were here to see it.
He may not, but at least he tried & if he fails, THEN we can say we told them so:lol:

Borat.

Juniors
I have wrapped a-lot of duds but have said for a long time I wouldn't swap Benji for anyone - Always thought he'd be the player he is today-

Imagine if he hadn't have missed all those games thru injury

Tigerm

Coach
Jesus Christ in heaven. THAT is why I, and most normal people, refuse to watch Rugby Union.
Sorry Westie, (not sure there is a heaven?) but how many normal ppl do you know that don't watch the NSW Tahs or the Aus Wallabies when they are able?

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sorry Westie, (not sure there is a heaven?) but how many normal ppl do you know that don't watch the NSW Tahs or the Aus Wallabies when they are able?
I don't know anyone that watches Union. I watch it if there's no league and only soccer, afl, cycling and union to choose from.

N.C.

Juniors
What do you mean by "normal people"? Cos I know plenty who might fit your description... Union sucks arse, no matter who is playing.

Tigerm

Coach
What do you mean by "normal people"? Cos I know plenty who might fit your description... Union sucks arse, no matter who is playing.
Not my words, just following a prevoius post.

But are you telling me, you wouldn't watch a a Waratahs or a Wallibies game?

N.C.

Juniors
That's right. Can't stand the game. For the love of god, just play the freakin' ball!

Mao the Tiger

Juniors
His highlight package is great, but there isn't much tackeling in there, put him in a hole and it's try time could be the x factor we are missing

TroopyF

Juniors
Highlight reel was an eye opener, he's certainly big,confident and can find the line. Would love to know that he can tackle too.

meltiger

First Grade
Week to week grind of an NRL season completely different world to Sydney club Rugby though.

It's good club is thinking outside the box but can only be an echo of the posts above and hope he is on a very base contract.

N.C.

Juniors
Highlight reel was an eye opener, he's certainly big,confident and can find the line. Would love to know that he can tackle too.

I am slightly concerned by the fact that nobody else in that highlights reel seems to be able to... Not only needs to learn to tackle, he needs to learn how to be tackled as well. He will get snapped in half if he turns up to an NRL game expecting outside and scrambling defenders to simply fall off him.

magpie guy

Juniors
I hope you guys realise that the first half of that highlight reel is rugby 7's. With the space and speed of that game you do not see a lot of tackling. Also, Suburban Club Rugby is probably equal to State Cup in terms of quality. Club Rugby still isnt very professional the upshot of this is we probably will not need to spend much coin on this guy. I also assume he will be able to contest and catch a bomb as well as probably having a decent boot on him. For the record, I watch and enjoy Rugby as much as league.