What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

John Grant to Wests Tigers

westie

Bench
Physical attributes can only get you so far, look at Peni Tagive as an example

Peni was poorly managed, in my unscientific opinion. He put too much weight on too quickly and his body couldn't support it. No wonder he was perpetually injured.

That he couldn't catch also didn't help. Not playing any football probably contributed to that, though.

macnaz

Staff member
Even if he is good I doubt f**kwit Sheens will actualy even give him a game.. Just ask Koriebete. :(

Fordy20

Juniors
Didn't you ever see him playing on the wing for Eastwood. He's big and fast but he will be put under all sorts of pressure in rugby league. He was on the end of a very good back line at Eastwood all he had to do was finish off the backline movement. You're right time will tell.

Cause if he plays wing for the Tigers, the backline he'll be on the end of will be pretty ordinary eh?

All the dude needs to do is learn how to tackle and some positioning in defence and he'll tear it up.

drago brelli

Bench
western suburbs tigers should forget mason. it's over for him. the game has passed him by. he's passed his best. try boxing, willie, that's more you're style.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Should have done the same before you signed Blair as well, for half a mill per season. I could have saved you some cap room for superstars like Mason.

Peter Doust should hire you. Perhaps you would have gotten the appropriate release document before you signed a player who was under contract with another club?

Fingerbang

Bench
Peter Doust should hire you. Perhaps you would have gotten the appropriate release document before you signed a player who was under contract with another club?
No. I would have made the same mistake Doust made.....ie. think that Moltzen, his manager and Humphreys could be man enough and trusted to stick to their word. Seems to be a common trait for Tigers personnel.

Can't say I am sorry he is staying with your team....the bawling his eyes out thing was the icing on the cake.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Playing with us in the semis while your team is in Bali will be the real icing on the cake

Not even shi*t players want to go to illawarra post benny. Dark times ahead for the red v

Fingerbang

Bench
Playing with us in the semis while your team is in Bali will be the real icing on the cake

Not even shi*t players want to go to illawarra post benny. Dark times ahead for the red v
So you already know who the top 8 in 2012 is gonna be? Or was that your heart talking instead of your head, Vic? Or maybe like always....it was your arse again. :p

Fingerbang

Bench
And you already know that Grant and Blair will be crap signings.
I don't think Grant will make it in NRL, and I never said Blair was a crap signing. Just that spending 1/2 mil per year on him was not real clever. He is only worth half that amount.

Mr_Raditch

Juniors
I don't think Grant will make it in NRL, and I never said Blair was a crap signing. Just that spending 1/2 mil per year on him was not real clever. He is only worth half that amount.

I agree with you on Grant, hope I'm wrong because his size & speed is exactly what we need on the edges. I just think the step up from club rugby is too great. Perhaps with a full season with the team & playing nsw cup he might make a go of it in 2013, i just think expecting him to be a superstar next season is asking to much. I hope Im wrong though.

In regards to Blair I couldn't disagree with you more. He is worth whatever it took to get him from the Storm. I dont believe he is costing 500k a season in the cap, but if he is so be it. We desperately need his aggression in our pack, Ellis is the only player we have in the team who can hurt someone when he hits them. IMO Blair will be our best signing since Ellis.

super_coach

First Grade
Talking to a bloke who is on the coaching staff at another Sydney based club and he said Blair was the best forward bar none in the NRL, he said from a technical point of view he was by far the best. He said all the game plans revolve around not running plays at him, mainly because of his wrestling skills and ability to slow the play the ball down.
Big call, and I thought he was off the boil for most of last year, but I think he may surprise a lot of the doubters.

As for Grant,hard to see himm getting anywhere near top grade in the short term, when kids who come through the system, school comps,junior reps and than u20's struggle its hard to see a player from Shute shield nailing it straight away. He is big enough and fast enough to prove me wrong, but it will be a 100/1 shot if it comes off in 2012

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Blair is a class player. We lost nobody of significance to acquire his services. That is good enough for me.

DanOz

Juniors
i think we will miss gibbs for his defence, and time will tell about fifita???
Exactly. When Gibbs did not play the 2nd half of the Warriors semi final that is when they started to dominate us. Blair is a completely different kind of player.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
We will definitely miss Gibbs, but we have an adequate replacement.

We didn't lose any of our stars: Benji, Farah, Ellis, Lawrence, Lote, KG.