What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

John Morris...

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
Delaney
Reddy
have to go

but J smith could be 5/8 if Morris is lock, but like half said we need Morris in our starting 13 and if we retain him for next yr, a good off season of bulking up would make him the ideal lock IMO - but even at 5/8 look at him last season he is half the reason we were minor premiers coz if he wasnt there tim smith would not have done the thing he did, bcoz he would not have had the support of the indomitable John Morris

Bazal

Post Whore
True EEL said:
Bazal and others knocking John Morris.....

he was among our best last night and hjis kicking game was easily our best last night between himslef, PJ, Piggy and J Smith

J Smith - although i like his effort was the problem - was very indecisive about whether to run, pass, kick or even who to pass it too and was stiffling our attack all night long because of the way he played

even without the unfortunate "incident" at the end of the game with Mr Bean (don't make me go there) which will see him suspended - he had to go regardless

as i said his effort is there, but is just not cutting it for mine and Tim Smith needs to come back in ASAP and freaking Brett Delaney must go too!!!!!!!

I don't know what game you were watching, as Jeremy was easily our best kicker last night. He is, however, not a halfback and should be five-eighth when Tim Smith returns. As I've said a few time he is a very good distributor and goves the backs good ball, as well as having a good kicking game. He is just not a player who can control a game. And Delaney has been playing well, he is a great defender and a very good back up centre, why knock him if he's just filling in and doing a good job?

Eelementary

Post Whore
Tim Smith MUST be our halfback.

And with Jeremy getting probably 6 weeks out, Morris will probably be our 5/8 anyway.

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
Bazal said:
I don't know what game you were watching, as Jeremy was easily our best kicker last night. He is, however, not a halfback and should be five-eighth when Tim Smith returns. As I've said a few time he is a very good distributor and goves the backs good ball, as well as having a good kicking game. He is just not a player who can control a game. And Delaney has been playing well, he is a great defender and a very good back up centre, why knock him if he's just filling in and doing a good job?

i agree with half, u r probably delaney

Bazal

Post Whore
no.2_lukeburt said:
Delaney
Reddy
have to go

but J smith could be 5/8 if Morris is lock, but like half said we need Morris in our starting 13 and if we retain him for next yr, a good off season of bulking up would make him the ideal lock IMO - but even at 5/8 look at him last season he is half the reason we were minor premiers coz if he wasnt there tim smith would not have done the thing he did, bcoz he would not have had the support of the indomitable John Morris

Delaney is a back up centre FFS!! He is filling in and doing a very capable job, he will be back in premmies when Ben Smith returns but until then he is the best option available and don't try and tell me he's not. Reddy likewise, he was brilliantly safe at the back last night and was one of our best, and he's not even in top form.

And this Morris at lock argument is silly, he is not big enough and never will be, he does not have the defensive skills and wouldn't know a hit-up if Carl Webb knocked him out making one. I wouldn't be too upset if Morris left next year to be honest. Also, hooker is number 9. Unless my maths is worse than it used to be, that is in the starting 13, no?

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
Yes, but pj and piggy are doing admirably servicing the 9 ( i think PJ should be on for 60 mins there atleast)

John Morris COULD be a lock, u tell me this, how many effective hit ups does widders/wagon/morrison take??? the only hit ups morrison took last night were runs out of Dummy Half (therefore they arent hit-ups right?), and Morris has proven he could do those better than most.

as for the delaney arguement yes fair enough he is a back up, but he will hopefully be gone.

But as for reddy, Hayne could and should be FB whilst Williams is at winger, reddy is NOT a FG player yet IMO, he has been given opportunity and hasnt shown a glimpse of potential

True EEL

Bench
Bazal said:

well u must have been watching with your "everything is rosey-coloured" glasses on then, because seriously......????

J Smith kicked ok....epsecially his short kicks and his kicking is easily his best skill, but honestly, who did all of the best, deep, driving kicks deep down intoi St. George terriroty last night???? - John bloody Morris - end of argument

Morris did one poor kick which was a result of the "incident" at the end of the game

and if you Delaney is playing so well...seriously...glasses on again, please!!!!

and if you are going to play:

6. J Smith
7. T Smith
9.. Morris

what excatly are you going to do with our other "two" hookers are are playing really well right now in PJ Marsh and Mark Riddell???????

it's a moot point anyway, beause J Smith might be on the sidelines for 6 weeks, but regardless of that he would have been dropped for T Smith as he is just not offering enough and not cutting it in first grade although he tries hard

anyway, are you Brett Delaney or are you J Smith???

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
True EEL said:
well u must have been watching with your "everything is rosey-coloured" glasses on then, because seriously......????

J Smith kicked ok....epsecially his short kicks and his kicking is easily his best skill, but honestly, who did all of the best, deep, driving kicks deep down intoi St. George terriroty last night???? - John bloody Morris - end of argument

Morris did one poor kick which was a result of the "incident" at the end of the game

and if you Delaney is playing so well...seriously...glasses on again, please!!!!

6. J Smith
7. T Smith
9.. Morris

what excatly are you going to do with our other "two" hookers are are playing really well right now in PJ Marsh and Mark Riddell???????

it's a moot point anyway, beause J Smith might be on the sidelines for 6 weeks, but regardless of that he would have been dropped for T Smith as he is just not offering enough and not cutting it in first grade although he tries hard

probably their lovechild

Bazal

Post Whore
True EEL said:

6. J Smith
7. T Smith
9.. Morris

Wow people are imaginative on here, really they are.

Delaney is a fill in, please tell me what the f**king hell he has done wrong. Morris made some decent kicks but the majority was done by J Smith. Riddell is playing poorly and needs a stint in reserves. God some people are f**king stupid, if you haven't got a logical argument then shut up, honestly...

Eelementary

Post Whore
Joel Reddy hasn't shown a glimpse of potential?

You can tell we're struggling for form, because everyone starts getting :crazy: .

True EEL

Bench
Bazal said:
Wow people are imaginative on here, really they are.

Delaney is a fill in, please tell me what the f**king hell he has done wrong. Morris made some decent kicks but the majority was done by J Smith. Riddell is playing poorly and needs a stint in reserves. God some people are f**king stupid, if you haven't got a logical argument then shut up, honestly...

your talking to me about logical arguments.....???

i don't care if Brett Delaney is a fill in or he is Mark Gasnier - it's irrelevant

he is playing poorly and should be dropped - he offers nothing attack, often drops the ball and his decision-making in defence is often poor also - his best attribute is his goal-kicking and even it has been dipping - thats what he has done wrong and why i am being critical of him

Mark Riddell was both effective and a spark off the ebnch last night and had an impact on the game, not sure why ytour attacking him and PJ has been brilliant starting recently, but you would drop him back to the bench to accomodate Morris at hooker, just to accomodate J Smith at 5/8???

and your talking about logical arguments to me??????

and the majority of long kicks "were" done by John Morris, J Smith was mainly putting in shallow grubbers and the majority of high kicks or bombs were also put up by John Morris - and the high ball was the best option last night

yes, some people are stupid and should shut up, but i won't resort to swearing in this now closed slanging match........

True EEL

Bench
although Reddy hasn't been fantastic, but was very solid and safe last night in terrible conditions, especially for a fullback

i'm still open for giving another chance

Eelementary

Post Whore
no.2_lukeburt said:
Eelementary, tell me of an instance when he has done something other than what ws needed in FG?

* In his First Grade debut, he plamed off Mason to score a great try

* Against the Chooks he made a linebreak, and we scored off the next play

* He was solid against the Dragons and he never shirked off any work; he got heavily involved out of dummy half, too.

I don't think he's at his best, but so say he hasn't shown ANY potential is just harsh on the kid.

Bazal

Post Whore
no.2_lukeburt said:
Yes, but pj and piggy are doing admirably servicing the 9 ( i think PJ should be on for 60 mins there atleast)

John Morris COULD be a lock, u tell me this, how many effective hit ups does widders/wagon/morrison take??? the only hit ups morrison took last night were runs out of Dummy Half (therefore they arent hit-ups right?), and Morris has proven he could do those better than most.

as for the delaney arguement yes fair enough he is a back up, but he will hopefully be gone.

But as for reddy, Hayne could and should be FB whilst Williams is at winger, reddy is NOT a FG player yet IMO, he has been given opportunity and hasnt shown a glimpse of potential

:lol: :lol:

I shouldn't laugh as you were obviously born geniused. Reddy hasn't shown potential? Where was his lack of potential last night? Or last season? Why will he not make first grade standard? Back up your argument or piss off with your obviously idiotic anecdotes.

As for your Morris at lock argument....

Glenn Morrison-14 hitups for 108 metres, 46 tackles
Dean Widders-9 hitups for 75 metres, 27 tackles
Daniel Wagon-7 hitups for 46 metres, 31 tackles

John Morris-5 hitups for 33 metres, 22 tackles.

Wagon and Widders played only maybe 40 minutes, and made a sh*tload of tackles between them and didn't see much ball. Widders also made a lot of dummy half runs. Morrison was very good. Morris, on the other hand, cannot make a hitup. Also, there is this little fact....

John Morris, 181cm 91kg
Glenn Morrison, 183cm 101kg
Dean Widders(bench impact player so I hardly see why he counts...), 178cm 91kg
Daniel Wagon(again, premier league player filling in so why does he count? Also been playing back row ffs), 187cm 97kg

Put simply, Morris is too small for lock, he would disadvantage the side and he can't hit the ball up. Simple enough for you?

Bazal

Post Whore
True EEL said:
your talking to me about logical arguments.....???

i don't care if Brett Delaney is a fill in or he is Mark Gasnier - it's irrelevant

he is playing poorly and should be dropped - he offers nothing attack, often drops the ball and his decision-making in defence is often poor also - his best attribute is his goal-kicking and even it has been dipping - thats what he has done wrong and why i am being critical of him

Mark Riddell was both effective and a spark off the ebnch last night and had an impact on the game, not sure why ytour attacking him and PJ has been brilliant starting recently, but you would drop him back to the bench to accomodate Morris at hooker, just to accomodate J Smith at 5/8???

and your talking about logical arguments to me??????

and the majority of long kicks "were" done by John Morris, J Smith was mainly putting in shallow grubbers and the majority of high kicks or bombs were also put up by John Morris - and the high ball was the best option last night

yes, some people are stupid and should shut up, but i won't resort to swearing in this now closed slanging match........

And who, pray tell, will replace Delaney? Shall we get Benny out there on crutches? Maybe Tony Parmatangi, as good as he is? How about Kris Inu? Oh wait he's injured....Delaney is the best option we have and if you can't see that then you are probably beyond help. And you still haven't told me what Delaney has actually done wrong, all you've given me is vague handling errors (show me an Eel free of them this year) and bagged his main atrribute, his almost faultless defence. Sure he's not the greatest attacker but ffs....

Eelementary

Post Whore
Don't get me wrong - Jeol hasn't been brilliant.

But I think he could be a great player in time. He could even be Lockyeresque - in the sense that he can kick the ball with either foot, and apparently is quite adept at it, too.

Latest posts