What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

John O'neil

Green Machine

First Grade
Woods99 said:
Make yourself clear, old mate. If there is a problem at Eastwood, surely I can just ring them - I am a member in good standing. Why bring Flowers into it? We at Eastwood actually own our own ground. Not many league clubs can boast that, can they?
What is your point about Eastwood owning their own ground? Do they actually pay the rates to the local council? Do they stand on their own two feet? It would be interesting to know what kind of financial assistance North Ryde RSL lends Eastwood Rugby Union Club to operate.
It is obvious that Shark Park is owned by Taipan’s Cronulla Rugby League Club. Most Sydney NSWRL clubs have contributed to the upgrade of their suburbian grounds in the past.
I know that Cabramatta Leagues Club paid for the grandstand at Cabramatta Sports Ground.
I’m not sure if McCrede Oval at Guildford is owned by Guilford Leagues Club.
Windsor Wolves have their own ground and Leagues club at Windsor
Western Weekender Stadium is at St Marys League Club
Group 3 Leagues Club has a ground next to their club at Taree
Mt Pritchard Community Sportsground is part of Mt Pritchard Community Club
Queanbeyan Kangaroos have their own playing fields
Kippax Field at West Belconnen is right next to West Belconnen Leagues Club
Cudgen Hornets has a Leagues Club and ground at Kingscliff
Ballina Seagulls Leagues Club looks after Kingsford Smith Park Ballina
Liverpool Catholic has Rugby League grounds inside its sporting complex
Blacktown Workers has its own sports complex which includes its League grounds
Wyong Leagues Club has football grounds within their complex.
West Tamworth Leagues Club owns Scully Park West Tamworth
West Tamworth Leagues Club welcomes all sports to use its facility:
http://www.rugby.com.au/news/2002_july/perth_clinch_minor_premiership_in_brars_14298,7103.html

The NSW Country Cockatoos earned themselves a home semi-final next weekend after comfortably defeating the Melbourne Axemen 22-11 at Scully Park in Tamworth on Saturday night in the Bundaberg Rum Australian Rugby Shield.
Central Charlestown once allowed the Newcastle Wildfire Rugby Union Team to play on their home ground, which is next to their Leagues Club.

It would be interesting to know how many Rugby League Clubs or Leagues Clubs provide sponsorship to local Rugby Union Clubs. It is a well known fact that Parramatta Leagues Club props up The Parramatta Two Blues Club and the Vikings Club at Dundas. It is known that the Penrith Panthers has given generous donations to the Penrith Emus Rugby Union Club
My local Burwood RSL (which I’m a member of) props up West Harbour Rugby Club.
It is interesting if you go to the website for The Central Coast Rugby Union and you see the Central Coast Leagues Club is one of their sponsors:http://www.centralcoast.rugbynet.com.au/

What is your point Woods?

Green Machine

First Grade
Woods99 said:
We at Eastwood actually own our own ground. Not many league clubs can boast that, can they?

http://www.blinkbits.com/en_wikifeeds/TG_Millner
TG Millner is the second-largest sportsground in the northern suburbs of Sydney. Located in the suburb of Marsfield, it is the official home of Eastwood Rugby; a rugby union team representing northern Sydney currently competing in the NSW/ACT Rugby Union Premier League. The ground itself is owned and operated by the North Ryde RSL (Returned & Services League) and is capable of holding several thousands of people.

http://www.rugby.com.au/news/2001_september/eastwood_aim_for_the_top_12114,8456.html

TG Millner Field had been upgraded, the grandstand was repaired and repainted in the Clubs blue, and the licensed club had a substantial facelift thanks to the partnership agreement with North Ryde RSL.

http://www.eastwoodrugby.com.au/default.asp?id=79105

LICENCED CLUB
EDRUFC members, supporters and spectators should note that the club house at TG Millner is operated by North Ryde RSL under NSW licencing laws.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TG_Millner

TG Millner

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search
TG Millner is the second-largest sportsground in the northern suburbs of Sydney. Located in the suburb of Marsfield, it is the official home of Eastwood Rugby; a rugby union team representing northern Sydney currently competing in the NSW/ACT Rugby Union Premier League. The ground itself is owned and operated by the North Ryde RSL (Returned & Services League) and is capable of holding several thousands of people.
Retrieved from "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TG_Millner"

taipan

Referee
Green Machine said:
http://www.blinkbits.com/en_wikifeeds/TG_Millner

http://www.rugby.com.au/news/2001_september/eastwood_aim_for_the_top_12114,8456.html

TG Millner Field had been upgraded, the grandstand was repaired and repainted in the Clubs blue, and the licensed club had a substantial facelift thanks to the partnership agreement with North Ryde RSL.

http://www.eastwoodrugby.com.au/default.asp?id=79105

LICENCED CLUB
EDRUFC members, supporters and spectators should note that the club house at TG Millner is operated by North Ryde RSL under NSW licencing laws.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TG_Millner

TG Millner

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search
Retrieved from "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TG_Millner"

Woods has a little flexibility with the truth, let us say or let us pray(take your pick);-)
The Sharks home ground is owned wholly and soley by the registered leagues club,not by any council,state govt,or national park.

Lantana

Juniors
Your all delusional if you think John O'Neill can be approached.

I have said it time and time again on these boards.

THE SPORT IS CONSTITUTIONALLY geniusED AT THE INTERNATIONAL LEVEL.

The RLIF Chairman is voted into power by the the 9 NSWRL Clubs.

Effectively the 9 Sydney Clubs determine who controls the sport internationally.

Can a young Tongan (NRL First Grade) travel to the UK for the International Sheild in October this year? No because;

a) His club THINKS he needs arthroscopic surgery (cleanout) in the off season (4 weeks rehab!)
b) The NRL Clubs have decided the International Sheild is not a tournament worth supporting, so they wont release their players who are eligible for Tonga and Samoa. I hear rumblimgs that the exact same thing is going to happen in Sydney for the Oceanic Series to be played at the end of this month and the start of October.

This happens and will continue to happen because Colin Love knows he is voted in by the Clubs as part of his 'unwritten' agreement is to support clubs with players not being forced to participate in the SANCTIONED events. Even though he has the power to both force and penalise a club if they do so.

How often does Colin come out to defend the game when a club pulls a player out? NEVER!! It is always the poor old NZRL who have to blow up.

Whilst the constitution allows the International Federation to be controlled by the NSWRL the GAME cannot move forward.

Clubs should never say no to players playing international footy, unless they are SERIOUSLY injured and cannot compete in the match. If they are playing the season out for their club with an injury and the rehab is minimal then they should keep playing, particularly International footy.

So for everyone who posts in here saying O'Neill that, Quayle this, I can assure you right now...nothing..I repeatr nothing has happened in preperation for the WCin 08, because Colin Love will not allow anything to happen unless it comes from his mouth. He just recently ran to the NRL begging for assistance on the upcoming Qualifyers because he did not know what to do.

I kid you not.

For the last time, the RILF should be resposible to the delegate Nations involved in the game of RL. With votes allocated to nation dependant upon levels of participation at junior and senior levels both domestically and internationally.

This without a doubt the BIGGEST cancer in the game and WILL NOT change until the game is amended constitutionally.

Lantana said:
Your all delusional if you think John O'Neill can be approached.

I have said it time and time again on these boards.

THE SPORT IS CONSTITUTIONALLY geniusED AT THE INTERNATIONAL LEVEL.

The RLIF Chairman is voted into power by the the 9 NSWRL Clubs.

Effectively the 9 Sydney Clubs determine who controls the sport internationally.

Can a young Tongan (NRL First Grade) travel to the UK for the International Sheild in October this year? No because;

a) His club THINKS he needs arthroscopic surgery (cleanout) in the off season (4 weeks rehab!)
b) The NRL Clubs have decided the International Sheild is not a tournament worth supporting, so they wont release their players who are eligible for Tonga and Samoa. I hear rumblimgs that the exact same thing is going to happen in Sydney for the Oceanic Series to be played at the end of this month and the start of October.

This happens and will continue to happen because Colin Love knows he is voted in by the Clubs as part of his 'unwritten' agreement is to support clubs with players not being forced to participate in the SANCTIONED events. Even though he has the power to both force and penalise a club if they do so.

How often does Colin come out to defend the game when a club pulls a player out? NEVER!! It is always the poor old NZRL who have to blow up.

Whilst the constitution allows the International Federation to be controlled by the NSWRL the GAME cannot move forward.

Clubs should never say no to players playing international footy, unless they are SERIOUSLY injured and cannot compete in the match. If they are playing the season out for their club with an injury and the rehab is minimal then they should keep playing, particularly International footy.

So for everyone who posts in here saying O'Neill that, Quayle this, I can assure you right now...nothing..I repeatr nothing has happened in preperation for the WCin 08, because Colin Love will not allow anything to happen unless it comes from his mouth. He just recently ran to the NRL begging for assistance on the upcoming Qualifyers because he did not know what to do.

I kid you not.

For the last time, the RILF should be resposible to the delegate Nations involved in the game of RL. With votes allocated to nation dependant upon levels of participation at junior and senior levels both domestically and internationally.

This without a doubt the BIGGEST cancer in the game and WILL NOT change until the game is amended constitutionally.

It's pretty sad when my first reaction is to believe this completely. It sounds so typical of the idiots that run our game not to be true. I understand that Love is elected as NSW boss by the NSW clubs but surely the RLIF delegates must have a say as to who is the chairman of the RLIF. Of course if Love is not NSW chairman he therefore can't be ARL or RLIF chairman either, but surely NZ, England, France etc aren't allowing him to take on the RLIF job against their will. They should be voting him out unless he stands up to the clubs. I can't see why the clubs would vote against him over the issue of player availability for internationals anyway. It can't be that big an issue for them.