What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

John Sutton's Inconsistent Ways?

Now surely his career has been very bright and filled with In-consistent patches, However I don't think Sutton hasn't been that In-consistent at all, It's our pack that has been more in-consistent which makes it hard for Sutton to play his natural game when we aren't dominating the advantage line.

Now with Sutton being our chief playmaker and Souths scoring the most tries = Sutton setting up most of those tries.

It's not Sutton, It's South Sydney's defence, Sutton was hardly even In-consistent this year, He had some really strong games in games we lost, Especially against Canberra he set up all four of our tries and nearly looked like the best player on the ground, the most dominating individual performance in a side that lost by alot that i've seen in a long time.

I just am shocked that everyone actually thinks Jamie Soward is good, He has had the most up and down career that I've ever known and even when the pressure got too much Soward crumbled and failed to execute anything with passes going over the sideline and a failed kicking game.

He wasn't even picked in the original city country squad lists, He got picked because Mullen was ruled out.

Soward has benefited from a well dominate pack all season, The Kid will NEVER represent origin or australia as far as I am concerned. Shocking defence, Too small and crumbles under pressure.

Anyone who thinks Showpony Soward is better at Sutton at five-eighth are dead-set kidding themselves, I'd like to see Sutton and Soward swap sides and stilll people say Soward is better, Soward wouldn't of been as dominate under SSFC and a crap coach and Sutton under the world's best coach would of been classed as one of the best players in the competition.

Sutton has shown bright things in his 5 years of first grade, Soward who is the same age, didn't really come onto the scene as a decent player until last season, where arguably he wasn't a great player either.

Sutton has a much better passing game and better ball skills, Soward may have a better kicking game, But a halfback tends to do most of the kicking in a football side anyway 99% of the time.

The Main point out of this is, Soward has struggled under every coach he has been with apart from Bennett, Sutton has shown alot of potential under most of our coaches who were on the lower end of the scale, Just Imagine Sutton's potential working behind Bennett, and Soward working under Jason Taylor for example

Last edited:

Whos Ya Daddy

First Grade
That's funny coming from someone with a Chris Sandow signature. Send him back to the QLD bush league where he belongs and get a real halfback.

Tim Smith is on the market. Do Souths actually want to achieve anything next season? Because you will fail miserably with this leprechaun impersonating a halfback.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Wow. How the hell did i stumble across the souths forum. Sorry lads. ill make a hasty exit. PS. Sutton is balls soup

Sonic Star

Juniors
Stop posting this crap in the NRL forum.

Post it in the Souths forum, you will get less geniused comments this way.

Latest posts