What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

johns "im so hungry"

JJ

Immortal
Red and Blue Knight said:
hahahahah Wally never won one, didnt hurt his standing in the game did it?...
Wally did sh*t all at club level.

And that. I'm afraid confirms your ignorance as well... The Brisbane comp was very VERY tough in those days...

RABK

Referee
This is a message board, people have arguments. IF you want to agree with what everyone writes then pi$$ off and visit the knights website forum where you can worship Johns all you like with your fellow knights fans.
:lol: You are so losing this argument. :arrow:

RABK

Referee
JJ said:

And that. I'm afraid confirms your ignorance as well... The Brisbane comp was very VERY tough in those days...

I was talking about his stints at the Broncos and Gold Coast. Queensland comp was maybe half the standard of the winfield cup.

Mr Saab

Referee
Johns can win all the Dally Ms he wants, he wont be winning any more comps.

Neither will lockyer. Your team is a joke post origin.

Dally Ms....hmmmm. "I dont know who to give my points to, Joey played ok, i will give him 3 points"
Proves your ignoarance. :lol:

and at present mastering 5/8.
:lol: What getting steamrolled for 6 miss tackles a game. :lol:

Isn't a 5/8 supposed to be able to tackle? :lol:

We shall see this yr with a fit Berrigan at hooker and a fit Seymour at halfback.
Lockyer misses 6 tackles a game, fine. Look at what he does in attack. Try and watch the broncos dragons game last week and watch lockyer in action...please.
Dally Ms....not ignorance, fact. some of the people that udge it are Garry Freeman, Paul Kent, Dean Ritchie, Ray Chesterton!!!! I mean pulease!!

Mr Saab

Referee
JJ said:

I was talking about his stints at the Broncos and Gold Coast. Queensland comp was maybe half the standard of the winfield cup.

half the standard huh? Come state of origin time in the 80s who won majority of the time? QLD based players. QLD comp was not full of hacks.

dontmakemeangry

Juniors
Broncodroid said:
Charlie Saab said:
I couldnt give a sh!t about johns...the sooner he retires the better the game will be.

Surely you cannot believe that Charlie? Yes, there will always being new talent coming into the game to replace the greats from yesterday though Andrew Johns is a once in a lifetime player who we as Rugby League fans are privledged to have seen in his prime.

The irony here is this, IF the NRL did not step in and ensure we kept in Andrew Johns in Rugby League, they would be bagged for once again letting go a former NSW and Test player to the "dark side". Today, they did what was right and kept Johns in the code and yet are continually bagged for not attempting keep Lote, Sailor and Rogers? Is is unreasonable to think perhaps they learnt their lesson on letting a guy like Lote go in which they were not going to chance losing our one time show piece? I think so though in the same sentence I would not envisage the NRL throwing a lifeline to every NRL player who perhaps is contemplating Rugby. That would not be a sound "business decision" if you will.

As for the injury to Johns, it is not as bad as first thought. When O'Meley broke his jaw (he had it wired) he was not able to put together two words (admittedly he was more coherent than Mark Geyer) and lost alot of weight. Johns on the other hand is able to talk and will have more options food wise than Mark did. Where Mark was reduced to attempting to blend a steak to keep his weight up, Johns will be able to endure some softer foods with the normal untensils and not a straw.

Good to see his spirits are still up.

p.s. Andrew Johns is a player that people want to hear about and hear from, it makes perfect sense that CH9 are going to 'flog this deadhorse' as the general RL public want to listen to Johns in comparison to say Chris Hicks (no disrespect to Hicks there) as he is one of our greats. I, like the majority here, would like to learn more about the "other" players running around the NRL though IMO it is necessary to continually get the "inside scoop" from the Lockyers, Slaters, SBWs etc. as they are the games best.

Johns was what Jordan was to basketball, Warne to cricket, Beckham to the EPL...individuals arguably the best at their chosen profession (Beckham is excluded there) who are also add glamour and intrigue to their sport such is their profile on a wider level. They sell merchandise, they put bums on seats and given the media something to talk about. Fans want to hear from them.

Your posts never cease to amaze, 300 words of constant DRIBBLE!

JJ

Immortal
JJ said:

There are plenty of people that would disagree with that...

enough said... this thread is degenerating. I disagree with Charlie on this one, but at least he tries to make a decent argument (although a completely incorrect one :D ). You on the other had.... and Hindys comment above... pfffttt (want to call the other immortals overrated genetalia too??)

RABK

Referee
Charlie Saab said:
Hindyscrack said:
Wally Lewis was an over-rated fat f*ck

yeah thanks for the contribution.... :roll: :roll:

I agree with that. He is the greatest origin player off all time.

dontmakemeangry said:
Broncodroid said:
Charlie Saab said:
I couldnt give a sh!t about johns...the sooner he retires the better the game will be.

Surely you cannot believe that Charlie? Yes, there will always being new talent coming into the game to replace the greats from yesterday though Andrew Johns is a once in a lifetime player who we as Rugby League fans are privledged to have seen in his prime.

The irony here is this, IF the NRL did not step in and ensure we kept in Andrew Johns in Rugby League, they would be bagged for once again letting go a former NSW and Test player to the "dark side". Today, they did what was right and kept Johns in the code and yet are continually bagged for not attempting keep Lote, Sailor and Rogers? Is is unreasonable to think perhaps they learnt their lesson on letting a guy like Lote go in which they were not going to chance losing our one time show piece? I think so though in the same sentence I would not envisage the NRL throwing a lifeline to every NRL player who perhaps is contemplating Rugby. That would not be a sound "business decision" if you will.

As for the injury to Johns, it is not as bad as first thought. When O'Meley broke his jaw (he had it wired) he was not able to put together two words (admittedly he was more coherent than Mark Geyer) and lost alot of weight. Johns on the other hand is able to talk and will have more options food wise than Mark did. Where Mark was reduced to attempting to blend a steak to keep his weight up, Johns will be able to endure some softer foods with the normal untensils and not a straw.

p.s. Andrew Johns is a player that people want to hear about and hear from, it makes perfect sense that CH9 are going to 'flog this deadhorse' as the general RL public want to listen to Johns in comparison to say Chris Hicks (no disrespect to Hicks there) as he is one of our greats. I, like the majority here, would like to learn more about the "other" players running around the NRL though IMO it is necessary to continually get the "inside scoop" from the Lockyers, Slaters, SBWs etc. as they are the games best.

Johns was what Jordan was to basketball, Warne to cricket, Beckham to the EPL...individuals arguably the best at their chosen profession (Beckham is excluded there) who are also add glamour and intrigue to their sport such is their profile on a wider level. They sell merchandise, they put bums on seats and given the media something to talk about. Fans want to hear from them.

Actually most of it was facts. Far from dribble.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
This thread is only degenerating because some people came on here looking to start a fight. If people stayed on topic, we could all have been having a little laugh at joey's misfortune, talking about blended steaks etc etc. Instead, people are having a go at Joey and about how much they hate him. How this came about, well ........

dontmakemeangry

Juniors
Charlie Saab said:
Hindyscrack said:
Wally Lewis was an over-rated fat f*ck

yeah thanks for the contribution.... :roll: :roll:

I agree with that. He is the greatest origin player off all time.

dontmakemeangry said:
Broncodroid said:
Charlie Saab said:

Actually most of it was facts. Far from dribble.

Yeah right, in your opinion......... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
u shit me to tears as well with the crap that rolls out your mouth.

Mr Saab

Referee
when do i lose jobog? i am not conceeding anything. Johns' time is past it and the new breed are here. Its not like the game will fall over with no johns...he has hardly played the past 4 yrs and the game has grown stronger.
I cant say i am sorry the knights suck at present....i love it actually.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Im with Sabb, Johns is over-rated. Langer, Fittler, Daley, Stuart, Lewis and Sterling (at the very least could be more) leave him for dead as far as im concerned.

The Dally M's area farce, anyone who says otherwise is kidding themselves... the Rothmans Medal, now theres an award with some credability

RABK

Referee
u sh*t me to tears as well with the crap that rolls out your mouth.

:lol: I'm glad. What are you gonna do. Get angry? :roll:

Im with Sabb, Johns is over-rated. Langer, Fittler, Daley, Stuart, Lewis and Sterling (at the very least could be more) leave him for dead as far as im concerned.

Exactly, as far as you concerned. Your entiltled to your opinion. Just ask the players you mentioned what they think off Johns.

Kiwi

First Grade
Please someone tell me how johns has changed the way the game is played?

What has Johns done on the field that has not been done before? The way some people talk you'd swear Johns invented the chip kick, the grubber, the fend, the step, the tackle and the whole bloody game.

Now I do hate Johns not gonna deny that, and I KNOW he is a great player, but fair dinkum the guy isn't the best halfback to ever play the game let alone the best player ove all time.