What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

johns "im so hungry"

Kiwi

First Grade
jono078 said:
I realise that ;-). But I could be wrong, it could be he is the greatest, I will have to check. Gus Gould thinks he is the greatest, I know that. And by what Gould says on the DVD Johns should be in all representative games and captain them because he is the greatest and deserves everything, I somewhat Agree with him.

Although being a Knights fan I think most people would know I think like that.

Gould :lol: that guy would be the meat in a johns and fittler sandwhich if he could.

thuganomics

Coach
People who cant admit that Johns is one of the greatest of all times is kidding themselves. Now I find it hard to unfair to compare different eras, but Joey has to be up there with the Lewis's, Sterling's etc.
And its a damn shame that he has had all these injuies come down on him.
Some of you people may have a problem with Johns, so you dont rate him at all (I know R_69 does ), but theres absolutly no doubting that he is a once in a life time player and is ONE of the greats to ever play the game.

RABK

Referee
You know it's been said. You can't watch a nine game or interview tithout it been said. Enough already anyway. What was the original topic anyway?

Raider_69

Post Whore
Red and Blue Knight said:
If its said as regualary as you claim you should be able to find quotes and sources quick sticks

Mate you try finding something on league on the net. It's near impossible.

But its said so often
surely its just a matter of finding some Andrew Johns articles (like thats hard :roll: ) and it will be clear in print.

Or maybe your just full of shit :)
I hate the bloke, you all know that, but i also recognise he is a good player, however he isnt as good as he is made out to be, he is one of the best in his time 1995-current. But he isnt the best of his time, nor is he the best halfback, so then one must conclude no way in the world is he the best of all time

Jono078

Referee
thuganomics said:
People who cant admit that Johns is one of the greatest of all times is kidding themselves. Now I find it hard to unfair to compare different eras, but Joey has to be up there with the Lewis's, Sterling's etc.
And its a damn shame that he has had all these injuies come down on him.
Some of you people may have a problem with Johns, so you dont rate him at all (I know R_69 does ), but theres absolutly no doubting that he is a once in a life time player and is ONE of the greats to ever play the game.

See now why cant everyone agree on that :cry:, sure they have their own opinions but to not even rate the guy as a good halfback is shocking imo.

Kiwi

First Grade
You know it's been said. You can't watch a nine game or interview tithout it been said. Enough already anyway. What was the original topic anyway?

So every game and every interview it is claimed that joey is the greatest of all time?

Giving up are we? Guess thats what happens when you can't back up your claims, you have to resort to "i'm right, your wrong, we'll end it at that"

each of the players could be tagged as the greatest..id certainly hate to play in the era of the 5 meter rule..against the likes of the parramatta and bulldog 80s forwards..if Johns becomes an immortal..then its well deserved
Myself...well i pay my money to watch him play...I also think that lewis was the best seen ..but i can tell you..Johns on fire .when the team is going like it did in 2001/2002[Equal leaders at the end of 26 rounds}....then Johns is the best ive seen

thuganomics

Coach
Kiwi said:

So every game and every interview it is claimed that joey is the greatest of all time?

Giving up are we? Guess thats what happens when you can't back up your claims, you have to resort to "i'm right, your wrong, we'll end it at that"

Have you seen the Andrew Johns DVD?

Raper, Sterling, Gould, Fittler and more all say that he is one of the best of all time.

Mr Saab

Referee
thuganomics said:
Kiwi said:

Raper, Sterling, Gould, Fittler and more all say that he is one of the best of all time.

what do you expect them to say on his DVD? honestly.
Its like a player who in interviewed and asked the tough question...he will answer with a cliche 99% of the time.
They are not going to say "Johns was equal to alan langer"......are they?

Charlie Saab said:
i love fighting with knights and dragons supporters. :mrgreen:

Thats cause your a know nothing about football who obviously has a pretty piss life and goes onto footy boards to boost his self esteem.

It must suck to wake up and look in the mirror and realise your a f'n tool! Get a life boyo, people come on here and talk football not try to have a life here ya dickhead!

Kiwi

First Grade
thuganomics said:
Kiwi said:

As I said before, i'm not disputing him as being a great, just the greatest.

and like I said before the key words there

"one of" not THE greatest.

thuganomics

Coach
Charlie Saab said:
thuganomics said:
Kiwi said:

what do you expect them to say on his DVD? honestly.
Its like a player who in interviewed and asked the tough question...he will answer with a cliche 99% of the time.
They are not going to say "Johns was equal to alan langer"......are they?

Sterlo has said it many times. When he was contemplating going to Union, when he got his knee and Neck Injuries.

We all know how much Gaould has said it as well.

Im not saying Johns is the greatest of all time, im just saying that he is up there, and many legends also believe so. Rather it would be 1st best, or 10th from the top, he is one of the greatest ever and theres no denying that.

knights97

Juniors
Hahahaha - Joey's sooo hungry.........hang on a sec, am I in the wrong topic?? This looks like another joey bashing topic!!!!

Kiwi

First Grade
Lego_Man said:
Johns sh*ts on Langer from on high.

He's the best halfback of the last 10 years, at least.

Thanks for bringing that very well thought out point to our attention, the way you backed it up was second to none, well done on a well constructed post

:arrow:

RABK

Referee
But you'd be hard pressed denying that Johns is the most 'complete' player off all time. He'd be in the top 3 for almost every facet you can judge a player on.

Lego_Man

First Grade
All im saying is that you are masking your hatred of John's personality and attitude, by saying he's crap/overrated as a player etc.

He may be a c*ck off the field, but you have to respect what he's accomplished.

Mr Saab

Referee
Knight82 said:
Charlie Saab said:
i love fighting with knights and dragons supporters. :mrgreen:

Thats cause your a know nothing about football who obviously has a pretty piss life and goes onto footy boards to boost his self esteem.

It must suck to wake up and look in the mirror and realise your a f'n tool! Get a life boyo, people come on here and talk football not try to have a life here ya dickhead!

dickstick...i have forgotten more about the game than you will ever know....trust me.

As for talking league, well f**k me and fire up, havent i been talking league the past 30 or so posts? Not like i am talking about the 9 idiots in bali, or the corby case, or craig knowles drink driving case, or the new pope. :roll: :roll: