What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

johns "im so hungry"

RABK

Referee
The Dally M's area farce, anyone who says otherwise is kidding themselves...

So the 400 current players are all kidding themselves? Not to mention the 12,000 players over the past 20 years. :| :arrow:

he has hardly played the past 4 yrs

Johns has played 72% of games since april 2001.

RABK

Referee
but fair dinkum the guy isn't the best halfback to ever play the game let alone the best player ove all time.

Once again your opinion but not the one of most players and former greats.

Kiwi

First Grade
Red and Blue Knight said:
but fair dinkum the guy isn't the best halfback to ever play the game let alone the best player ove all time.

Once again your opinion but not the one of most players and former greats.

Are you that arrogant you feel you can speak for the players and the greats of our game?

Raider_69

Post Whore
Better yet RaBk, ill ask johns, he is the best player ever, just ask him... Sterling, Stuart, Daley, Fittler, Lewis all were not only better than johns but also have the attribute of being more modest

So the 400 current players are all kidding themselves? Not to mention the 12,000 players over the past 20 years. :| :arrow:

400 players?
didnt know there were 400 half backs/play makers that get mass media coverage in league today. That all the Dally M has become, not the best half player cause if so Lockyer and Hindmarsh would go close to having one, as would blokes like Steve Price and Shane Webcke who do their jobs better than Johns does his. Nor is it even the best half because then Orford would have one or two against his name. But rather which half is the media darling - CUE ANDREW JOHNS.

Mr Saab

Referee

he has hardly played the past 4 yrs

Johns has played 72% of games since april 2001.

players do notplay the game to win the DALLY M....contrary to your thinking. Its not something many players think about as 14yr olds. Its..
I want to play first grade
I want to play origin
I want to win a comp
I want to plauy for australia.

What order that is in is up to the individual...but DALLY M is not up there whatsoever.

RABK

Referee
Are you that arrogant you feel you can speak for the players and the greats of our game?

You never read the paper, watch any interviews or read books?

400 players?
didnt know there were 400 half backs that get mass media coverage in league today. That all the Dally M has become, not the best half player cause if so Lockyer and Orford would have at least one a peice, nor even the best half. But rather which half is the media darling - CUE ANDREW JOHNS.

Deadset your an idiot. You really prove your ignorance with that dribble.

RABK

Referee
players do notplay the game to win the DALLY M....contrary to your thinking. Its not something many players think about as 14yr olds. Its..
I want to play first grade
I want to play origin
I want to win a comp
I want to plauy for australia.

What order that is in is up to the individual...but DALLY M is not up there whatsoever.

As i said before, it is the individual goal, the individual premiership that they all strive to win.

Jono078

Referee
Kiwi said:
Please someone tell me how johns has changed the way the game is played?

What has Johns done on the field that has not been done before? The way some people talk you'd swear Johns invented the chip kick, the grubber, the fend, the step, the tackle and the whole bloody game.

Now I do hate Johns not gonna deny that, and I KNOW he is a great player, but fair dinkum the guy isn't the best halfback to ever play the game let alone the best player ove all time.

I dont want to start an Argument or anything, but im curious, in your opinion who is the best Halfback and what makes him better than Johns in your opinion ?

Oh and Raider 69, you talk almost Identical about Johns as Priddo does :lol:.

RABK

Referee
Can any of you morons despute this fact?

You all say Sterlo, Sticky, Langer, Fittler etc etc IS better then Johns. It is YOUR OPINION.

Now try desputing the fact that the players you mention don't say that Johns is the greatest they've ever seen?

Idiots.

Kiwi

First Grade
You never read the paper, watch any interviews or read books?

Yes I do, but one could hardly call the dreibble that comes out of the papers anything worth listening to. As for books and interviews ect, what are we talking here a handful of people being asked the question? I mean seriously how often is it actually asked? And hardly ever have I heard someone say definately the greatest player of all time, generally it's possibly, potentially, argueably ect, there is a difference.

Kiwi

First Grade

You all say Sterlo, Sticky, Langer, Fittler etc etc IS better then Johns. It is YOUR OPINION.

Now try desputing the fact that the players you mention don't say that Johns is the greatest they've ever seen?

Idiots.

Why do we have to do you job for you? You tell us these guys have said joey is the greatest of all time, now you prove it. You make all these claims to speak for the players and the greats, prove you are right with quotes and links, come on.

Jono078

Referee
On the "Joey" DVD, Sterlo claims "He is one of the greatest he has seen". Thats all I know of...

Kiwi

First Grade
jono078 said:
On the "Joey" DVD, Sterlo claims "He is one of the greatest he has seen". Thats all I know of...

there are a few key words there

"one of" not THE greatest

Raider_69

Post Whore

Idiots.

Quotes and source first, and not something from the com box ala "that was amazing, he is the greatest ever" cause that line has been thrown out to about 1000 people

and even if that is managable which i doubt, what do you lewis and co to say?

Reporter: do you think Johns is the best of all time?
Lewis: Na i think i had covered
Sterling: Not at all, i was easily better
Stuart: Not a chance in hell, he copied my bananna kick
etc?

No of corse not that would be something Mr Johns would do

RABK

Referee
I don't have the books, i am not spending 5 hours going through the internet to find old articles and i'm not going to try to find clips of interviews with players. If you have read a league book, read an article on the topic or watched an interview with a player over the past 5 years you would have seen it said alot.

Jono078

Referee
I realise that ;-). But I could be wrong, it could be he is the greatest, I will have to check. Gus Gould thinks he is the greatest, I know that. And by what Gould says on the DVD Johns should be in all representative games and captain them because he is the greatest and deserves everything, I somewhat Agree with him.

Although being a Knights fan I think most people would know I think like that.

Raider_69

Post Whore
If its said as regualary as you claim you should be able to find quotes and sources quick sticks :)

Mr Saab

Referee
i actually have on tape in the tri series final on 2004 where sterlo says Wally Lewis the greatest player he has EVER seen. They were talking about Lockyers 1st half performance and how great it was. Sterlo said wally lewis is the greatest player he has seen, but if Locyer contines with his great form, he could join wally.

RABK

Referee
If its said as regualary as you claim you should be able to find quotes and sources quick sticks

Mate you try finding something on league on the net. It's near impossible.

Kiwi

First Grade
I don't have the books, i am not spending 5 hours going through the internet to find old articles and i'm not going to try to find clips of interviews with players. If you have read a league book, read an article on the topic or watched an interview with a player over the past 5 years you would have seen it said alot.

Well then don't expect us to take your word for it or do the job of proving your point for you by doing it.

You wanna continue to make the claims that you know what the players and greats think, then prove it, otherwise :arrow: with all the "it's what the players and greats think"